:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
The girl noticed Golden Boy on US Crunchy (def not Australian) so we watched that. I was surprised she was so eager to have me watch it -- it's straight-up 90s hardcore ecchi-comedy. But god, it was pretty funny and quite high quality. Bit of fun.

Life is study

Some of it was hilarious, and there was only really one meh episode.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
The girl noticed Golden Boy on US Crunchy (def not Australian) so we watched that. I was surprised she was so eager to have me watch it -- it's straight-up 90s hardcore ecchi-comedy. But god, it was pretty funny and quite high quality. Bit of fun.

Life is study

Some of it was hilarious, and there was only really one meh episode.

Benkyou Benkyou Benkyou Benkyou!

Which did you find meh? The noodle one was pretty low-key but I liked how wholesome noodle girl was compared to, well, pretty much every other female in the show.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Which did you find meh?

The last one tbh, there are some good bits but over all it just didn't quite do it for me.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Which did you find meh?

The last one tbh, there are some good bits but over all it just didn't quite do it for me.

Well the last was an interesting glimpse behind the curtain. Compared to more recent examples such as Shirobako and a certain episode in Paranoia Agent it's pretty lightweight, but it's still surprisingly earnest in its vision of a typical animation studio circa 1996 or so. I liked it, but the way everything came together made clear this was the end of an OVA designed to get you reading a longer manga.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Sooo, the new Trigger thingy is actually good? Thinking about watching it. TBH gotta catch up with some of Trigger's stuff. Liking everything I've watched so far (gotta love that Nui's theme, and all of the music in Kill la Kill overall).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Sooo, the new Trigger thingy is actually good? Thinking about watching it. TBH gotta catch up with some of Trigger's stuff. Liking everything I've watched so far (gotta love that Nui's theme, and all of the music in Kill la Kill overall).

Yeah, it's good. So far I think LWA was better but they're really different productions. DarliFra is grounded by A-1 Pictures' influence and wears its Gainax heart on its sleeve. LWA remains my favourite Trigger production though.

Strange series of brief reports.

Firstly, Lost Universe is so Slayers-tastic and I love it.

Secondly, Kyatto Ninden Teyandee! aka Samurai Pizza Cats is clearly aimed at kids but now and then it pulls out a ridiculously dirty joke or mature reference. Also, lots of familiar seiyuu.

Next, PRECURE IS AMAZINGLY WELL ANIMATED. I'd been told it had good fights but the whole damn thing is shiny as shit.

Card Captor Sakura (the original) is a lot better then Clear Card, but I might just feel that way because I haven't watched enough of the former.

Miss Hokusai is very well made but is mostly a biopic aimed at people who have some idea who Hokusai was. Without that, it's just a well-animated IG period piece.

Lastly, the FMA movie finally made it to Netflix. I'll watch it tomorrow but I have my reservations...

"
"
Perq wrote:

Yeah, it's good. So far I think LWA was better but they're really different productions. DarliFra is grounded by A-1 Pictures' influence and wears its Gainax heart on its sleeve. LWA remains my favourite Trigger production though.

Ye, gotta admit I was surprised that I was fine with the lighthearted nature of LWA. It might be that I'm getting old (or something else, eh), but recently I found some more lighthearted productions appealing. Other example being Patema Inverted. Heck, I recently finished Nichijou, even tho I couldn't mow through it on the first try. Now not only I watched it in like a week, I also read all the manga (don't judge me :v).

TTHhaaatt aside, I think that Space Patrol Luluco is still my number one Trigger production. I mean, come on... :D Altho, LWA is contesting its crown with its feels good aspect. And Sucy. :v
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I really liked that Trigger referenced pretty much EVERY OTHER SHOW they made in Luluco. Except for Kiznaiver (Somewhat similar to kokoro connect. Was pretty ok, but the ending was kinda meh.) which was airing at the same time. Which in turn had a Luluco easter egg with the two main characters appearing in the background in one scene.
I still prefer LWA though. I'm more into fantasy and magic than sci-fi, space and robots. Though I have already watched quite a bit of both. Even combinations... usually not too good, those. Maybe Luluco was just too much over the top whackyness. I mean, LWA already took it pretty far (*cough cough* gurren lagann reference *cough*) but Luluco just went WAY beyond.

On an unrelated note...
Violet Evergarden Ep 7 in a nutshell...

I mean, that freaking HURT. Like... SERIOUSLY. Still as beautiful as ever though. I'm really interested in what direction it'll go now... I can see multiple options, but hopefully they aren't gonna take any of the bad ones. Seeing how it progressed so far, I highly doubt they would do that though. So I guess we're in for more traumatic experiences, mental breakdowns and depression... and characters eventually overcoming those. Maybe. Awesome!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Feb 22, 2018, 12:07:23 PM
I finally watched kimi no na wa last night, and then duly chased it with koe no katachi. I didnt love koe when I saw it at the cinema because i guess i was expecting josoda level brilliance. This time around i definitely appreciated koe a lot more. Kimi no na wa is...okay. I think 5cm per second was better if less accessible. But Koe is damn near an anime masterpiece in its own really unique way. Its still no hosoda and that's perfectly fine.

---

Maybe I'm mellowing out too or maybe post-moe cute girl shows are getting better. I would rather not question it but damn I am enjoying sorayori and slow start. The latter especially surprised me.

I can't get the damn kyatto ninden teyandee theme song out of my head.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info