Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
Boem wrote:
Subaru-kun. .
Spoiler
. . never lucky

Peace,

-Boem-

I know right and just when it got really good......

Spoiler
Betelgeuse just had to hijack a Subaru. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

LoL

Spoiler

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Damn, the latest episode of Re:Zero once again... makes me REALLY hyped for the finale!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Damn, the latest episode of Re:Zero once again... makes me REALLY hyped for the finale!

Fuck that, i'm hyped for season two!

I wan't him to really actively start using his "power", which he only recently started doing.

It feels weird that it's going to end in the next episode though i wonder how they are going to pull that off. Without leaving a cliffhanger or half-assing it.

But yeah, probably the best show of this season by a good margin, though i really enjoyed re-life a lot as well.

And i still have to watch a few, waiting for them to finish to spin them in one session.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
i wonder how they are going to pull that off. Without leaving a cliffhanger or half-assing it.

Would be disappointing if they did but not surprising given how many anime do this and either never get a season 2 or run out of manga to follow.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 12, 2016, 12:16:30 PM
"
Boem wrote:
But yeah, probably the best show of this season by a good margin, though i really enjoyed re-life a lot as well.

I have yet to watch Re-life, but I think I might like it. One of my favourites this season is Mob Psycho 100, it's awesome, but has a pretty unique art style.
Another one that caught me COMPLETELY off-guard was the first episode of a 3 episode OVA series called "Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito". It has amazing animation, soundtrack and story, but it unfortunately doesn't really explain much and throws us right into the middle of the story. I think reading the manga before watching it would be a good idea. (Am I weird for enjoying shoujo manga/anime despite being a guy? Whatever, I don't care.)
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito".

/tips hat, had fun watching that last night. Bummer i don't really read manga though, because it is probably a story worth reading.

What a shame, would have been a sick show if the story can back it up, the animation is excellent and the style of "fantasy" is really to my liking.

I am waiting with mob psycho until it's completed, similar with a lot of other shows from the summer. I like to watch them in one go to really capture the details and developments properly.

Probably going to re-watch re:zero from the start again once it's finished as well. Though i don't think i missed any details.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Would be disappointing if they did but not surprising given how many anime do this and either never get a season 2 or run out of manga to follow.

Yeah i know what u mean, can be disappointing at times. . . so don't jinx it \o/

But i got a feeling re:zero has been the talk of the town lately and is quite popular, i reckon like always it will depend on the sales and on the source material. And about those two things i know nothing.

Peace,

-Boem-
Pretty damn good season. Amaama to Inazuma is one of the best SoL series I've seen in a very long time. Almost up there with Usagi Drop and Aria
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

I had an anime phase... and would still watch anime if I was watching with someone who'd appreciate it.

My favorites, in order of ♥♥♥...

Hell Girl: watched everything Netflix had at the time, (subtitled). It started out sort of repetitive, then it blossomed into an awesome story!

Death Note: on the edge of my seat the whole time!, (subtitled). Both Death Note and Hell Girl are my top two favs. I guess I really like the darker anime stuff? But didn't like the switch to death metal for intro music part way through the series.
Spoiler

Eden of the East: this storyline had me totally addicted, (subtitled). Loved how it progressed, then sort of let down at the end. But I still enjoyed every minute of it. Had the best exit video/music
Spoiler

Fullmetal Alchemist: enjoyed the storyline, (subtitled). Not a fan of the later Brotherhood stuff. Got addicted to the intro video/music.
Spoiler

Older ones I enjoyed a bit...

Robotech: the original stuff. Was totally into mech, Battletech, etc, so loved this series for the mecha (dubbed). Story was fairly lame otherwise now that I look back at it. And that damn obsession with the singer/whatever. >_<

Ghost in the Shell: didn't watch everything, but enjoyed it, after Robotech this was my second watch into anime (dubbed, I think?). Loved the fighting scenes and mecha. Story was okay, but that's not what sold it for me.

Evangelion: the original stuff (subtitled). Loved the mecha, enjoyed the story too.

Dragon Ball: the first two movies, enjoyed them quite a bit (dubbed I think)! I did eventually watch Dragon Ball Z (not a fav), but really wasn't into all of the grunting, straining, and overly long zoom in on characters charging up their skills for the battle. Was really cheesy, but I watched it nonetheless because many friends watched it.

American/Americanized favs...

Aeon Flux: not the movie, the original MTV shorts
Voltron (dubbed): the original and Lion series, mostly because I grew up with them

Ones I never liked, and could never get into which are popular...

Cowboy Bebop: *gag*
Naruto: *sigh*
Bleach: yawn
Fruits Basket: yuck
High School of the Dead (and similar ones): could never get into them, I tried.

...and Ecchi, because who hasn't been curious what they're missing?...

Rosario + Vampire: absolutely loved it, my favorite ecchi of all time (subtitled). Totally hooked on the storyline, love the tension between having to feed on his blood vs. loving him. Yes, it had very cheesy moments, but it was thoroughly fun to watch, and not because of the ecchi. I often roll my eyes at those scenes in ecchi, and sort of laugh at them. But I do check out what's new in ecchi sometimes, because many have interesting stories and settings, without making it just about the boob/whatever shots for the fan service.

Sekirei: enjoyed it, finished it, totally hooked (subtitled). The story was fun and addictive, even a tear or two during the ending.

To Love-Ru: was okay, interesting, but didn't finish the whole series (subtitled). And I only bothered watching the original stuff.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 16, 2016, 11:13:21 AM
original Death Note intro (extended version)..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-hVV_IEcUw

Hell Girl intro...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPiMQiF6ucE

Eden of East exit...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9896cYPaFf0

original Fullmetal Alchemist intro...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EW27b8_E_I

Rosario + Vampire ending...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbrqK5cjJWM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀