:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Started Railgun. Well, that's a lot of fluff so far, but given the underlying setting, I doubt it'll stay that way.

I don't remember it all that well, but iirc, you're right. Very much so. And I heard that Railgun 2 is much darker in tone. No wonder, considering the events it covers. I have yet to see that one. And the Index movie... let's see if I can do that tomorrow.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I decided to watch sword of the stranger today. Definitely the right decision. I should've watched it sooner actually. Overall a REALLY good film, with one fantastic final fight, probably one of if not the best I've seen in anime so far.
Would recommend.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Did all of Grand Blue last night. Funny enough but didn't hit the same hysterical heights of Chio or Asobi for us.

I liked that it had a few slightly more serious and sometimes heartwarming scenes... even when it destroyed those precious moments a split second later.
I found it to be pretty solid. As I've said multiple times before, I don't handle pure comedy all that well, so it's pretty hard for me to judge them. Still, I enjoyed it and in the end that's what matters.

PS: I found that whole scene with the [censored for copyright reasons] suits pretty damn hilarious. They got me good with that one.
Speaking of sports series, I think I'll be watching the one about running this season. I heard it was from the same guys that made haikyuu and ballroom, so I got somewhat high expectations.

Also, Irozuku sekai ashita kara seems decent so far regarding the story and it looks very pretty on top. It's also got the romance tag so I guess I'll watch that one to the end unless they screw up BIG time.

Last, but not least... no wait, let me rephrase... lastly, I tried to watch sora to umi no aida because the premise seemed interesting... let's just say, I know what series I will NOT be watching this season.
Goblin slayer is the first thing i watched of the new season.

Yup, i'm watching that.

Slime was the second thing i watched, guess i spoiled myself early on.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I just finished episode 1 of Goblin Slayer myself... it was just as epic, brutal and violent as I was expecting it to be. I was set on this one from the start (since I read the manga AND the studio behind it is a really good one for the kind of characters involved), but even without that, after this episode I'd be watching it to the end.

I have yet to watch Fairy Tail, the new SAO (just to see if they can get any worse than the movie) and Index 3. Aaaand the latest AOT episode... tomorrow will be catching up day.
I feel like weekends are gonna be especially awesome this season.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Gridman is this season's Planet With I think. Probably not as well plotted or paced, but still, relatively unusual content for an anime with a decent animation studio behind it.

After that shitshow that trigger put out there last time, I'm a little hesitant. I might pick it up later on.

On an unrelated note, I heard that there's a chibi spin-off crossover between Overlord, Konosuba, Re:Zero and Youjo Senki in the making. Sounds fun to me, let's hope it'll go a similar direction as Carnival Phantasm did. Though I guess that's rather unlikely.
So, after watching the aforementioned stuff I couldn't watch sunday, here's my thoughts:

AOT just continuing onwards, seems like a new arc will start soon, they're slowly setting up something again.

Fairy Tail continues exactly where it ended, no big flashbacks or filler stuff involved, I was quite pleased with the episode.

Index 3 had some recap, showed all the characters, gave us a bit of slice of life aaaand threw our protagonist right back into the action. Dis gun b gud.

Then there was SAO. I'm not quite sure if it's just me loving to hate it and thus being overly critical of it, but... it seemed kinda boring. The first half seemed completely pointless for now and the second half threw a lot of random stuff from just about all seasons together. Also, the characters don't seem like they have gotten any kind of development since the end of season 2 or the movie, still as bland as always. And it seems like there WAS quite a bit of time inbetween. I will still watch it, since it was said that it'll cover the "best arcs of the novel" according to quite a few people, but... at the moment I can't see myself enjoying it all too much.
Again, this might just be me being overly nitpicky about it. I could be wrong.
I made myanimelist acc just to track what i read or watch finally. Its not filled with half of things that i read or watched but with time i'll remember all the stuff.

Im watching hero academia s3, and its good. Finished asobi asobase and ive come to like it a lot lol. And now there are so many new series that I can just conveniently wait to finish up as I have a huge backlog.

Although I watched goblin slayer and slime, since i read the mangas, so theres no spoilers for me.

edit, now i see there is Souten no ken s2, should i watch both s1 and s2 since I read hokuto no ken and started a bit of souten no ken manga?
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Oct 8, 2018, 3:57:51 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
RE index, I'm actually quite excited for the Accelerator adaptation. Bakugo 0.5 is so far an interesting character (we've only seen index 1, railgun 1) and Okamoto Nobuhiko is an incredibly talented seiyuu.

Accalerator is a really nice guy, almost exactly like Bakugo, character-wise. A lot more than is apparent at the beginning.
Edit: Or is Bakugo similar to Accelerator? Since he was there before Bakugo? God, this is confusing.

FFFFFFUUUUU... I completely forgot to watch the last 3 episodes of golden kamuy season 1, now I have to do YET ANOTHER catching up day. When is this going to end (rhetorical question, the answer being "never")...
Last edited by FCK42 on Oct 8, 2018, 8:50:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info