Further 0.11.4 Improvements

i hope you will also fix some performance problems with skills like ice shot, arctic breath.. and chilled/burning ground :)
GMT+1 - You can speak German with me
do we have to reset the shader cache manually or is this done by the client updater automatically. bought a ssd yesterday and don't want to waste space on it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Well it's good to listen priorities are where they should be, after losing my nth character to desync in Onslaught couple days ago.

Optimization along with netcode are #1 issue for a lot of people, hopefully this patch will make it easier to use certain skills (specially in groups) and have smoother gameplay. Can't wait to try it!
chris marry me <3 lol :O
My_Bloody_Valentine
This patch is most exciting all of a sudden.

I know it's not much, but if these go off as planned I'll be grabbing the Divine Pack soon as a show of support!

Not much, but a show of appreciation for the good work you guys do.
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
Last edited by TheDancingDead on Aug 14, 2013, 11:28:55 AM
Keep up the good work. +1 for graphics/code optimization. =)
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
fraz81 wrote:
Thanks for the update.
I would like to note that even if you improve the shadows , i currently am playing
without them and in medium texture quality to have some better performance in party
otherwise a single sporker or ice shotter would gimp my fps badly.

I trust in your priority and all , but please , try to not add stuff without
further optimizing what you already have. Some skills really gimp my performance and i'm
sure i'm not alone.

My spec are : i7 intel 920 + 2xati5870hd + 6gb ram dd3 l7

when was the last time you turned shadows on? I played without shadows for ages because it would just nuke my performance and get me killed. However a month or two ago I turned them back on to see what it was like and it runs fine now. I think a lot of problems have been sorted along the way with lightning arrow being changed etc.

"
waltersobchak wrote:
Yeah, main thing is - will the optimization affect graphics quality?

no I seriously doubt it man. Theyre not changing the actual textures, just the layers that go into self shadowing etc. Theres things you can do like sticking your bump maps in an alpha layer of another map to save having 2 files. There was a time when you were just dealing with 1 jpg = 1 texture = 100kb file, now you got spec layers and normal maps and bump maps and theyre all horrid huge files like targas that take up megs per hit and its really resource costly to put in a lot of textures, but I think the last thing GGG are going to do is nuke the resolution of the actual full colour textures, not after they spent so much time making them so lovely.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Aug 14, 2013, 11:48:29 AM
You guys are the best.
Great, can't wait for this patch. Game instability (prelaodings, long loading time, desync) is only reason that repel me from continue to play POE.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
I'm already running the game in 2560x1440 with 8x AA and "max settings" with over 150 FPS.
Not sure how these changes would help ( probably the people with low-end machines )

However, no amount of expensive computer hardware thrown at this game solves the crappy desync problem.
Any news on fixing the COMMUNICATION ENGINE to something actually usable? It needs to be rewritten from scratch. Right now it SUCKS, and with every update it appears to be worst.

Only thing good that was recently introduced is the health bars on mobs, as it's a way I can detect now that I'm actually hitting air ( the bar doesn't drop = I'm desynced ).
Still sux.

</rant>
Never give up, never surrender !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info