Further 0.11.4 Improvements

I saw "fixed a problem that has been in the game since the start of Beta" and got really excited, then I read that it was an improvement to shadows. -sigh-
Last edited by Nycro on Aug 14, 2013, 1:33:51 PM
Well I was planning on delving back in for some grinding but I think I will wait for this patch to hit first.
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
Great work.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"

-Option for old Auras again would be shibby.

"
wavetrex wrote:

However, no amount of expensive computer hardware thrown at this game solves the crappy desync problem.
Any news on fixing the COMMUNICATION ENGINE to something actually usable?

"
It's likely that our changes will include some more experimental combat sync improvements, depending on how well our internal testing goes.

no, no news on desync obviously.

Aux has been first poster almost every announcement! Lol I love this new patch, it's going to be one of the most exciting ones yet! Lower load times will be great, maybe people who don't use Ramdisk will get improvements that they need!

<3 GGG
Youtube @guitarguy234
Twitter @guitarguy234
twitch.tv/awsomesawcee
My band: http://www.slackjawbluesband.com
"
wavetrex wrote:
I'm already running the game in 2560x1440 with 8x AA and "max settings" with over 150 FPS.
Not sure how these changes would help ( probably the people with low-end machines )

However, no amount of expensive computer hardware thrown at this game solves the crappy desync problem.
Any news on fixing the COMMUNICATION ENGINE to something actually usable? It needs to be rewritten from scratch. Right now it SUCKS, and with every update it appears to be worst.

Only thing good that was recently introduced is the health bars on mobs, as it's a way I can detect now that I'm actually hitting air ( the bar doesn't drop = I'm desynced ).
Still sux.

</rant>

I see that you don't even have any characters ranked on a ladder... so are you soloing in low level zones? I can get 60+ @ 1440p and max settings in that case too. Go do a map in a 6 person party with a few moderately heavy spell effects. Then see how you feel.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
20%? And it could go even higher? YES please! This patch is going to be amazing if is cuts down on the loading time and crashes significantly!
Spoiler
"
jsn006 wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Is there an official statement on the direction of the game? I want to keep supporting but lately there has been a bit of caving in to the casual gamers. Which i suppose is fine, but just not for me

Id like some reassurance that this game as a whole will remain hardcore and will continue down the path it was on months ago before i devote a lot more time/money to the game

Thanks for any info :)

Curious, what exactly do/did you find hardcore about PoE?
It is possibly the most instant gratification, path of least resistance, skip the journey to the destination, buy your success, BY DESIGN.. game I have ever known call itself 'hardcore'.

You need to stop this lol, you are beyond obsessed.

So many people can have fun in this game without having to do level 77 maps or rmting items / currency.

In essence, I want accomplishments in this game to stay accomplishments
-Crafting should be a total bitch, you should go broke crafting and hate everything and everyone with a tiny chance of success
-reaching a high level shouldnt be possible for the majority of players, make it a 100% exp loss on death in standard and people will stop building shitty builds or quit
-Keep trading the way it is; even now trading is more convenient than hunting for items and that is a pretty big flaw :/ streamlining trading any further would make playing the game inefficient (D3)
-High level maps need to stay as rare and hard to find as they currently are, the *entire* game shouldnt be accessible to casual players, only people who dedicated unreasonable amounts of time should get to experience the furthest content

(this isnt a reality in PoE but it would be great :D if anyone knows of a game like this let me know)
"just for try, for see and for know"
Spoiler
"
jsn006 wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Is there an official statement on the direction of the game? I want to keep supporting but lately there has been a bit of caving in to the casual gamers. Which i suppose is fine, but just not for me

Id like some reassurance that this game as a whole will remain hardcore and will continue down the path it was on months ago before i devote a lot more time/money to the game

Thanks for any info :)

Curious, what exactly do/did you find hardcore about PoE?
It is possibly the most instant gratification, path of least resistance, skip the journey to the destination, buy your success, BY DESIGN.. game I have ever known call itself 'hardcore'.

You need to stop this lol, you are beyond obsessed.

So many people can have fun in this game without having to do level 77 maps or rmting items / currency.

In essence, I want accomplishments in this game to stay accomplishments
-Crafting should be a total bitch, you should go broke crafting and hate everything and everyone with a tiny chance of success
-reaching a high level shouldnt be possible for the majority of players, make it a 100% exp loss on death in standard and people will stop building shitty builds or quit
-Keep trading the way it is; even now trading is more convenient than hunting for items and that is a pretty big flaw :/ streamlining trading any further would make playing the game inefficient (D3)
-High level maps need to stay as rare and hard to find as they currently are, the *entire* game shouldnt be accessible to casual players, only people who dedicated unreasonable amounts of time should get to experience the furthest content

(this isnt a reality in PoE but it would be great :D if anyone knows of a game like this let me know)
"just for try, for see and for know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info