Further 0.11.4 Improvements

It's possible that the end result of the asset filesize improvements will be even larger than the 20% mentioned above. We don't have final figures yet, but it's looking really good. In addition, we've found a way to reduce the size of normal maps that are used alongside textures. This will be in a subsequent patch (possibly 0.11.5) and will probably reduce another 20-25% from the filesize of the game art. Aggressive performance optimisations like these are an important part of the leadup to full release later this year. It's likely that our changes will include some more experimental combat sync improvements, depending on how well our internal testing goes.

I'm tentatively hoping to be able to post full 0.11.4 patch notes in the news tomorrow. No promises yet, though :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 14, 2013, 12:14:32 AM
"
Necrogue wrote:
In before people get confused and think map area is getting reduced.

Right, I was referring to these.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
*InsertWittyDesyncCommentHere*

I even addressed this in the news post!

"
Is there any chance that during the small-ish downtime for this patch the paysafecard method in the packs shop is properly labeled? as it is right now you guys at GGG only accept those cards if they have been purchased in an European country; however I found that out after having wasted $200 purchasing one.

I'll try to make sure this is indicated more clearly.
<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info