Arctic Anvil Ranger 0.11.6 Compatible! (AuxTheUnvincible) [Onslaught]

Iron Will / Faster Projectiles?
Could I have your opinion on using facebreakers instead of EK?
I can confirm this build is fucking awesome.
http://www.twitch.tv/aphromatic/b/443140209
IGN: Aphromatic
==> www.twitch.tv/aphromatic <==
PM me if you have any questions!
Would it be a bad idea to use something like Lightning Warp for movement so you're not tied to using scepters only?

Edit: Nevermind, you answered this on page 2!
In-game name: Emzie
Last edited by omgitskae on Aug 9, 2013, 4:51:18 PM
I'll be adding Iron Will whenever I get a 6L on the chest.

To answer the Facebreaker question, I don't know. I have no experience with it so I'd hate to give an uneducated opinion.

Nice clip Aphro, I love just standing in everything that most people are terrified of, and watching my hp not move because it is mitigated to 0. Great feeling!
IGN: Aux
Hey Aux,

I made my first ever Onslaught character and attempted your build the best I could. However, I ran into many questions and ultimately died to Vaal during a lag situation at lvl 32.

1. What are some decent wpn choices besides a wand or 1h mace? I had an extremely difficult time finding a decent 1h mace, and when I did get one from somebody it had only 2 slots.

2. Could you look at my gear, and tell me where I went wrong?

Spoiler

3. This was my skill point allocation up to level 32.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgX5CC4V8BjbGY4a2ySdOlg94kOcSn1W-luvYlpnoH11hxmHdpcGm42307vjxKLTftfL3Q3fmO2D7g75Y_zF_ro=

4. Also, I was leveling my gems up the entire time, trying to manage them so that they never exceeded my base stats. Should I have been doing that? I rarely had an issue with spamming my Ethereal Knives with two auras on, but any time I tried to put a 3rd aura on, it didn't work out so well.

(i.e. Hatred + Clarity = ok , but Hatred + Clarity + Tempest Shield = Tempest Shield falling off due to lack of mana during fights.)

5. Could you explain a little more of the early game? (Gear wise - should we focus ES, EV + ES, or EV + A, a combination of the three like I was doing...)

6. The leveling gear is almost nonexistent, and you have to find the majority of it because trade is generally mid 50's- high 60's. Could you possibly propose some alternative strategies to overall gear in the 20/30's? Stuff you can compensate with till you get the good 50+ stuff you need.

Any help, would be appreciated. I do not have any friends on this game, and since I'm an Onslaught noob I especially don't have people to get hand-me downs, or loaners from.
As you can see if you look at the leveling section in the guide, I did it with pretty shitty gear. My weapon was basically a 35% spell damage wand up until level 55 or so. I recommend forsaking ES completely until you get EB around the mid 60s when you can get a shield with about 250 es+ on it.

The items I recommend that you get, are a Goldrim helmet, and a Crest of Perandus shield. These items can last you all the way through merciless act 3, as they did for me.

For jewelery, just grab the best items you can find with resists, +mana, +life, mana regen, and +ES if you have EB already or will be soon. You can grab some decent ES on your belt pretty easily too as most people aren't looking for Leather Belts with high life and ES on them.

Your gloves can basically be replaced by blue gloves with high life and a single resist and they will be miles better than Sadima's, they bring nothing to the table other than item quantity, which doesn't do jack for your survivability.

I bought a lot of nice leveling gear for 1-3 chaos or equiv. It is very easy to find decent items that people just want to get rid of, and are a lot times already 4L. Here are some examples of items I bought EXTREMELY cheaply while I was leveling. Notice the focus on HP and resists. This is the key to success in the early stages of the game.

There were some other items I used, I had a 4L armor/EV Full Scale Armor with about 50 life and tri 17+ resist that I bought for 1 chaos which I've already resold.

If you need anything on Onslaught just send me a tell and I'll do what I can to give you a hand.

How does this do vs chaos/rupture?
I haven't seen my health move with Puncture on and moving. Chaos damage on the other hand faces the same problems as it does with other classes that require the resistance. Most of the chaos damage you can avoid with proper play, but your high block chance helps you mitigate a lot of it.

I have updated the guide with my new spec, gear, and updated Gem Choice / Aura section to discuss fitting all auras on your mana pool with the upcoming 0.11.4 aura abuse changes.

I dropped from 3580 life to 3288 during this transition, but actually gained 280 by not having anything reserved from my hp.
Last edited by Aux on Aug 14, 2013, 5:35:20 PM
Can u clear maps at a decent speed with this build? Playing solo ofc
GhenSparkz 82 Shadow Sporker (Onslaught)
Ghentorx 76 Duelist CI Double strike (Onslaught)
Last edited by Ghentor on Aug 14, 2013, 6:49:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info