Unable to Map File error report search!

ok so I noticed I had to turn off 3gboot option for Tera, when i launched PoE it suddenly started to crash at market place like a lot of people claiming here so I turn back on 3gb boot option loaded market place no crash (unable to map file).

Enable the 3GB switch on Windows XP

Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
In the Startup and Recovery dialog box, under System startup, click Edit. The Windows boot.ini file will be opened in Microsoft® Notepad.
Create a backup copy of the boot.ini file. Note: Boot.ini files may vary from computer to computer.
Select the following line in the boot.ini file:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Press Ctrl+C to copy the line and then press Ctrl+V to paste it immediately below the original line.
Note: Your text string may be different from the text string in this solution, so be sure to copy the text string from your boot.ini file, and not the text string included here.
Modify the copied line to include “ /3GB”, as shown in the following example:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect

Note: Do not overwrite any existing lines.

Save and close the boot.ini file.
Click OK to close each dialog box.
Restart your computer.
During startup, select the 3GB option. If you do not select the 3GB option, the system will default to the 2GB total memory setting.

Note: If problems occur during startup, you may need to update some of your drivers.

Enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista

Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
Restart the computer.

Disable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista

Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
Restart the computer.
I'm having basically the same problem...everytime i try to enter Dark Forest (or something like that, i dont remeber) but when i try to enter, it gives me this error:

---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2264006656 Size: 5615192
OK

OR

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 646905856 Size: 5638310
OK

Then, when i click "Ok" it opens this message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: ...ogram Filer\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe

This Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I can't enter that area, so i really need help.

Haven't been playing for a while, but this error appeared when I was still in Act 2. Was warping towards Waterfall Cave 2 after killing Alira and Kraityn, and crashed. Might be related to the Unable to MapViewOfFile error?

Unexpected error/disconnection occured, and when I was loading Act 3, got greeted by this crash report. Maybe related to this issue?

Now this is new indeed. First time a (possibly related) error happened mid-game. I was walking around in Act 2, trying to find the ancient tree to kill. And then suddenly it crashed just like that.

Switching from Solaris Temple floor 1 to floor 2 and got this...

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 5910233088 Size: 13318323

Would be nice knowing on how to fix those... Desync is already bad enough. ^^
Would like to get news on the issue.
Was doing maps with friends, loading 3rd map, and bam. Crashed. I had hoped that the latest updates would have fixed this issue (haven't been playing, that's why I haven't been posting), but apparently it hasn't. No matter, I'll keep the reports coming in, hope you can finally pinpoint the issue.

Went to the Barracks through the Aqueduct, then warp back to Sarn Encampment. Crashed while loading town. I noted that Battlefront and Barracks seem to be rather prone to crash compared to other Sarn maps... I noted that Barracks and Battlefront load a lot slower compared to other Act 3 maps (eg Docks).

Last edited by zequeins on Apr 13, 2013, 12:17:08 PM
While entering the Lunaris Temple:

Unable to MapViewOfFIle in MapChunk Error Code: 8 Offset: 988938240
Size: 16705089

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info