Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Didn't know you could 4L them, though.
As for the Incinerate, I think there's been guides about using added lightning.
The highest Stack is 4x Damage, and with the tree support it's 20% chance to shock no matter what. Yes, it may be short, but I guess it's sufficient for the fire rate.
Anyways, I won't find out by theorycrafting, and that's all I do.
:P

You still have to do enough damage to hit the minimum shock duration time afaik. Not that I'm saying it can't happen - it just won't happen when you need it most, vs bosses and the like. :/
Incinerate at stage 3 and 4 deals a lot of Damage per Hit, roughly the same average as Storm Call. That's why Incinerate is one of the best options - even if you only get a fairly short Shock, the next hit will land soon enough and benefit from the Increased Damage Taken multiplier, improving Shock duration.
What is up with Vis Mortis? There were a couple of these floating around on Standard soon after the patch came out. I've been watching POEXYZ and searching the forums pretty diligently but haven't seen one since then. There's one on ambush now and none on invasion, hardcore, or standard.

IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
I am 100% positive that incinerate is very effective at shocking.

Each shock might not last long in comparison to other skills shocks... but you have to remember that you're hitting the mob ~7 times a second. So as long as you do 2% of the mobs HP with one hit of lightning damage (very, very easy) you will perma-shock them with 3 stacks.

thinking about it more, since the threshold is 2%, that would be 50 hits to kill them. 50 hits of incinerate takes ~7 seconds (assuming 1 beam hitting them) so if it takes 1 beam more than 7 seconds to kill a mob you won't be shocking them.

So as long as you meet that damage requirement you're good, and assuming you're wearing the new helmet that makes 100% of your incinerate damage into shocking damage
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)

+

= awesome
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
one MOAR uniq
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Vertex
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir
"
wahaha123 wrote:

+

= awesome

Therre is no way that does enough dmg to shock magic/rares mobs thought. Even normal mobs it might be hard.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Mar 19, 2014, 10:04:11 AM
"
demivion wrote:
I am 100% positive that incinerate is very effective at shocking.

Each shock might not last long in comparison to other skills shocks... but you have to remember that you're hitting the mob ~7 times a second. So as long as you do 2% of the mobs HP with one hit of lightning damage (very, very easy) you will perma-shock them with 3 stacks.

thinking about it more, since the threshold is 2%, that would be 50 hits to kill them. 50 hits of incinerate takes ~7 seconds (assuming 1 beam hitting them) so if it takes 1 beam more than 7 seconds to kill a mob you won't be shocking them.

So as long as you meet that damage requirement you're good, and assuming you're wearing the new helmet that makes 100% of your incinerate damage into shocking damage

Vs trash ok

But against bosses? there is no way any incinerate hit will cause 2% or more of damage.

Also, i think is little more than 2%, i think 300/128 = 2,34 seconds, i'll check game mechanics
Shock Duration decreases the relative amount of Damage you need to do. Grab those Thunderfists and you halve the Shock threshold. The Static Blows cluster also grants a good amount of Shock Duration, and that's a core part of the setup.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 19, 2014, 10:19:31 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Shock Duration decreases the relative amount of Damage you need to do. Grab those Thunderfists and you halve the Shock threshold. The Static Blows cluster also grants a good amount of Shock Duration, and that's a core part of the setup.

I've just setup an Infernal Blow shocker using Three Dragons and a 6L Marohi. Seems to work really well, and that's without Thunderfists yet. I can easily shock stack Gneiss for example (he's quite HP heavy).

P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info