Officially Supported Linux Client

Another Arch Linux user here.

Wow, did not expect so many arch users, awesome!

It's the right time to start thinking about this with steam coming to linux and humble indie bundles always averaging highest price amongst linux users.

I use kubuntu right now at home, but I've been using linux for 13 years now and manage multiple rhel 5/6 and oracle linux 5 servers, along with aix servers at work.

The tides of change are coming. Windows is becoming more irrelevant by the month and cross platform is the future. With nvidia, amd, and intel putting significant effort now behind their linux drivers, it is a clear indicator that linux is going to become a demographic to consider in home computing. Mac is also converting a number of windows users due to ipad/iphone usage.

I realize that with all of the effort made in writing the game against directx, creating a full port is high unlikely. But you can at least test the game against wine or work with wine devs to make sure the game runs acceptably with wine (specific versions, libraries, etc).

Also, this game looks sweet, can't wait to try it out in LINUX when i get home today.

I'm an admin for multiple companies experienced in a lot of different distros.. although this game does work fairly well under wine, I would love native linux support.

Have to agree with all the "Debian FTW!" posts though!
Last edited by grats9001 on Jan 23, 2013, 9:21:42 AM

For now i'm using Wine 1.41 in Ubuntu 11.04 with no problems with this game.

Seeing a linux client will be improbable but they say that hope is the last thing you loose ...

Ubuntu 12.10

Archlinux and loving it :)

Debian all the way...

My shameful secret:
I like Gnome 3 - I still feel like a real Linux user though :)

Ubuntu 12.10
Running on Ubuntu Linux 12.10
(I'm unsupported, oh noez!)
Last edited by tokeeto on Jan 23, 2013, 6:50:41 PM
Ubuntu and CentOS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info