Officially Supported Linux Client

Debian FTW! =D

Debian.

Archlinux

I just want a client, it's fine if you guys say "we provide a client but if you have a problem don't come to us, you're on your own!". If I just have a client, that's all I need.

I know developers hate making clients for linux because there are so many different distributions. Don't let that hold you back. Just do your best and I'll be happy.
All I want is that I don't have to log in to Windows. I get suicidal when I stay in Windows more than 5 seconds :P
Sorry about any typos, Android and my fingers don't get along very well, and I figure that a few typos are preferable over stomping on the tablet like a mad person.
Last edited by ketojuun on Jan 20, 2013, 4:52:52 PM
The best GNU/Linux system you'll ever run is the one you build yourself. I built numerous systems manually from source before briefly helping with an automated build process. But I eventually switched to Mac because it had the bells and whistles while still built on a *nix-like core.

See Linux From Scratch. (Or see diy-linux.org, but I think that project died.. maybe he switched to Mac too.)

GNU/Linux has its uses, but I don't think Gaming will ever truly be one of them unless people stop using DirectX. You'll either just have to figure out how to get it to work with Wine (or similar) or dual boot.
61. Archlinux x86_64
With the advent of the Steam client for Linux I expect to see many more avid gamers using a GNU/Linux distro as their primary OS in the (somewhat) near future.
I'm not a linux user - yet, but as soon as more games gets support I'll move without thinking
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
is it just me hating Linux? i mean im using edubuntu in school and Windows 7 home and i hate Linux i prefer Windows. Dunno thats my opinion.
Last edited by Foronisus on Jan 21, 2013, 7:31:00 AM
I'll try it with wine as written here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8980/page/1
63. I'd love to see a linux client too.

Arch Linux here. +1 for a Linux client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info