Officially Supported Linux Client

I'm pretty much a pure Linux user these days, with me booting back to Windows less than once a month. However I'd rather GGG spend time making the game awesome for the majority before they spend the time on the minority (us). Wine seems to work pretty well at the moment, so even if GGG can keep an eye on that and try to keep it working okayish, that'd be great for all the Mac and Linux users out there.
"
Beiz wrote:
"
You realise that they're only working Source and Left4Dead2, not the whole steam catalog?
Yes I'm fully aware. Thing is, most games on my list are already supported on linux, but won't work because I have to run them through steam :)

The fact that they're porting L4D (and hopefully all VALVe titles in the future) is just a bonus ;)

Well that's cool then, I'm excited about Valve looking into linux too, only a lot of people that have got hyped about it don't realise it's just source and not everything on steam
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/

Running Archlinux and loving it!

Yes, a Linux client would be lovely!

Shame they did not consider multi-platform development before and went with DirectX.

Edit: I would actually get one of the expensive pre-orders, just out of principle, if they do native Linux.
Last edited by copperiodide on Aug 26, 2012, 4:40:06 PM

I only use Windows to play Dead Island. For everything else I'm using my Gentoo.

have ubuntu right now
Last edited by ohan on Aug 27, 2012, 8:40:05 AM
Edit: 14, all the cool kids are doing it

I use Gentoo for everything but games, and Windows 7 for the abovementioned games.
While I would love to see a native linux port, it would probably require significant redesign of core game parts. Though I doubt we will ever see a native *nix version of the game, once the game matures and optimizes the various engines, im sure the devs wont be adverse to helping us iron out wine issues.

Heres hoping.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Aug 27, 2012, 9:09:06 AM

*Thinking of installing Debian on my new laptop.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info