Officially Supported Linux Client

As I haven't seen any of the developers mention anything about a Linux build, I'll assume that it's simply because the assumed small demographic of Linux users. This thread will be used to get an estimate of the demographic of Linux users within the Path of Exile community. If the number is shown as being quite large, please take the liberty of catering to the community and releasing something to benefit what could be a large portion of PoE players.

tl;dr IF YOU'RE A LINUX USER, REPLY TO THIS WITH A NUMBER FOLLOWING (CONSECUTIVELY) THE NUMBER BEFORE YOURS.

So to start off, and considering that I'm the OP;

And a note to moderators/developers who may be reading this: If you're so absolutely opposed to making a Linux client for whatever reason you may have (Linux killed your father, etc), delete this thread and send me a forum message please.
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2018, 4:30:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm moving to linux full time once steam gets supported there, so count me in.

Last edited by Beiz on Aug 21, 2012, 10:06:54 PM

But since there's no official Mac OS client, I wouldn't count on a Linux client happening any time soon. I doubt a small studio would afford making a new client from scratch, when the current one wasn't created with multiple platforms in mind.

But hell, I'd love to have this fine game on Linux. There's a wave of new games coming to this platform. Just look at Kickstarter, Valve and the Humble Bundle guys.
Last edited by Roman0 on Aug 22, 2012, 3:23:12 AM
"
Beiz wrote:
I'm moving to linux full time once steam gets supported there, so count me in.

You realise that they're only working Source and Left4Dead2, not the whole steam catalog?

As great as a linux client would be, I highly doubt GGG would be able to do this any time soon, since the game has been written with directx.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/

Don't have windows installed.
Last edited by xyz on Aug 22, 2012, 10:51:47 AM
"
You realise that they're only working Source and Left4Dead2, not the whole steam catalog?
Yes I'm fully aware. Thing is, most games on my list are already supported on linux, but won't work because I have to run them through steam :)

The fact that they're porting L4D (and hopefully all VALVe titles in the future) is just a bonus ;)
I'm an Windows and fully Linux user...
Using Windows only because of the games, if most of games were on Linux, I'll be 100% there...

I like how HoN and Savage (same producer) are working very well on almost all distributions...
I hope that PoE will go in the same way...
PoE have an potential, and it must bring something to other players.
Linux will be an awesome choice to be available ;)
I hope you can solve something out! ;)
The possibility of them doing native Mac and Linux clients will come well after release. They don't have the manpower or time right now to do it.
I tried it on Ubuntu/Wine a week ago, i had no problems at all once i removed shadows and lowered the graphics.
but obviously it runs smoother on windows, so i like the idea, even though i don't see it happening in a near future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info