Stash Pages Cost... (info from Kripp Streams)

Paying to use public trade, sounds like paying to use the auction, kinda rings a bell :'(
"
ExileDude wrote:
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"
That should give me a few free pages. :)

FREE? I think ou pay 100$ for them :) BTW. If this will end with 6$ per tab (with full functionality) you will get 16 pages with your 1000 points. Its not much (i have 10 already and im out of space and i dont even make much alchemy orbs - matches are really rare with 10 pages full of rares).

Yeah, free. I didn't spend any money on the pages. I spent my money on the game, and I have already gotten my money's worth for it despite the fact the game's not even out yet. But when I bought the game, I got 1000 points as a "Thank you" from GGG. For free. :) Right now I don't need any more pages in the stash, and I doubt I'll need it later. But if I do, I have a lot of free points I can use for whatever I want, like new pages. Or I could buy whatever else I want in the store, like an extra character slot.

For that matter, I have a silver kiwi running next to me in the game. I got it when I bought the game, but that doesn't mean I spent money on the kiwi. It was just a free bonus. ;)

LOL

This is flawed on so many levels that i even dont try responding. Sry.

PS. i dont know if GGG will be happy when you will jump through forums and write that you BUY PoE for 100$. They advertise PoE as a F2P game. You give them lot of black PR here m8.

You may think whatever you want but FACTS are that you buy points and kiwi/stash pages not a game. Game is Free. And Beta is free too.

Also.. GGG advertised game that they will sell ONLY COSMETICS (not content and features) and they will not sell power and ingame advantage (faster and easier) and it appears that this is no longer in case because they sell power indirectly (stash pages comboed with extensive hoarding vendor recipes = more and faster power and riches and faster and easier progress of alts for example) and apparently the access to HEAVILY HYPED website trade system will be gated by RMT. And we are not even in Open Beta. ;)
I will not even mention paying three times for the same stash tab again. :/

This is not the case how many cash ppl have and how many cash someone want to spend iin PoE. Its about NONETHICAL MICROTRANSACTIONS and PRICING. I see some issues here.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Aug 12, 2012, 11:06:52 AM
There is big difference between pay to win and pay for convenience.

You can buy stash tabs, but you can also create second account and get 4 tabs for free. It's just not very convenient to manage but still possible.

You can buy tab naming, but you can also remember where you put your stuff without paying anything.

You can buy public trade tabs but you can also use forums and game chat for trading. Trade tabs are just more convenient.

I don't see any issues with this.
"
Hellfell wrote:

You can buy stash tabs, but you can also create second account and get 4 tabs for free. It's just not very convenient to manage but still possible.

You can buy tab naming, but you can also remember where you put your stuff without paying anything.

You can buy public trade tabs but you can also use forums and game chat for trading. Trade tabs are just more convenient.

+1 QFT
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
"

You have 30 pages long topic about how 'not at all P2W' buying stash tabs with current vendors system and recipes is. Read it, read my posts and then we may talk about this what is 'convenience'. For example Stash pages with current implementation of some vendor recipes are far more than 'convenience".

"

Personally i dont have problems with buying stash tabs. I already buy 10. I have problems with comboing them with vendors system (pure P2W atm) and i have problem with paying three times for the same and very minor (naming) things. I also have problem with pricing on 'per tab' basis.
Srsly.. charging for naming 1,5$ per tab? /ROFTL
- Stash tab with "1" = FREE
- exacly the same stash tab with "a" = 5$
/lol

So if something that minor will cost 1,5$ per tab how much will cost pet for example? 20 Euro like in WoW? (lol) Extra Gore? 50$? More? One use armor dye? 10$? ...

Maybe im little overreactingh here but if GGG wants charging everything that high (starting on 1,5$ per stash tab naming 0 very minor thing) we will have one of the most expensive Cash Shops in history.
I dont even mention that im 100% perfectly sure that armors and weapons ingame looks bland and our chars looks like beggars on lvl 70 only for CS purposes.

"

Again... personally i dont have problem with buing more public stash tabs. But i have problems with gating heavily hyped and advertised 'awesome Poe website trade system' with public stash pages purchase. Its basically feature selling, nothing more.

I also have problem with pricing 6$ per ONE public named stash page is way too much considering how much this game is based on trading and hoarding (at this moment).

I hope this will clarify my stance a bit.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Aug 12, 2012, 11:57:17 AM
"
Hellfell wrote:

Taken this a step further, though, and you can justify ANYTHING in-game as "convenience." After all, I'd eventually get my ideal unique - I'm just speeding up the process. It wouldn't be very convenient to invest hundreds of hours and orbs getting it, so I'm using the handy web-interface to build it and spending $50 to get it.

I'm not saying I think that GGG would do that - I'm just saying that "convenience" is not a well-defined term. Autolevelling instead of grinding? Heck, there are many games I'd have happily paid for the convenience of not having to replay content over and over in order to make an alt. How about buying scrolls of wisdom? They're trivial to get through the 5 whites tradein method, so isn't it just convenience to buy them with cash?

Either you draw a hard line at "nothing that can give you an in-game advantage" - and it's clear that additional stash tabs DO give you such an advantage, although a minor one - or you're throwing yourself into a fairly dangerous area.
Free to play = pay to win.

Pretty sure the only games that could accomplish 100% free to play and not pay to win are guild wars, and LoL because of how they work. If you wanted a game like this that was free to play and completely not pay to win it would be a 2D sidescroller since lower development costs.

I guess no matter how minute or noticeable the P2W aspect is, its still noticable. I really like this game, wish it was Buy-to-play.

But i think it may be impossible for it to make any money whatsoever or what it cost to develop back, without selling stuff like this......unfortunate but im starting to think that is the case. :(
Dont be naive, GGG is making this game in hope that they will earn a lot of money....
Everything else is good PR...

I agre that POE will in fact be pay to win to some small degree, but lets face it, if GGG overdoo paytowin factor, nevereverpayers will leave(at least 80% of community) and they are the base of "viral" market street squads, so no new people will come and eventually microtransactions will
slow down...

I think that GGG will make good balance for the people who didnt give a dime(lets face it, its allmost AAA production game) and the folks who paid in advance 10,20,50,500 $ for product that may or may not be good..

I think that we all will be satisfied and in the end, if you were willing to give Bobby Kotick and Jay Willson 60$(+god knows how much on RMAH), you could throw 10-20 bucks to this guys in your playtime( lets say, if you played game more that 200 hours, you shoud be ashamed of yourself that you didnt buy some Golden parrot pet or anything, just to empower those folks, so we finally have some sort of competition in future against EA,ActiBlizz ,M$ etc..)..
They can earn money as much as possible but for gods sake dont charge 3times per 1 item!!!!

its like blizzard who charges 1dollar, then 15% and then more after u want money to your credit card.

Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Im totally up for paying to play aslong as its not more than like £10 a month to stay on the same level as people.

But if something can go to excess say you spend 10% you get this you spend another 10% you get the same thing but better and then no end, stuff like that sucks, if anyone understands me O.O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info