Stash Pages Cost... (info from Kripp Streams)

"
Wisler444 wrote:
Free to play = pay to win.

Pretty sure the only games that could accomplish 100% free to play and not pay to win are guild wars, and LoL because of how they work. If you wanted a game like this that was free to play and completely not pay to win it would be a 2D sidescroller since lower development costs.

I guess no matter how minute or noticeable the P2W aspect is, its still noticable. I really like this game, wish it was Buy-to-play.

But i think it may be impossible for it to make any money whatsoever or what it cost to develop back, without selling stuff like this......unfortunate but im starting to think that is the case. :(

I don't know, maybe it would make sense for having a "buy Path of Exile" option in the shop, but how would that work?

The problem with that is imagine that there are new cosmetics and effects appearing each month, to "buy" the game would be asking for paying once and getting DLC's free forever.

The utilities that you guys consider "Pay 2 Win" should set you back for much less than a AAA game.

Maybe one way to do it is add a "Buy Full Game" option which makes all "utility" items like Named Stash Tabs free in the shop, up to a reasonable limit, indefinitely. Make any such features free in the future (or maybe for a year or two?) After all people who would buy the game like that are investing in GGG since that's money upfront. Add a good chunk of store credit like in the Supporter Packs.

I would be interested in an option like that. I'm not sure it would undermine the F2P model seeing as that would be used by a fraction of the players.
This "charged three times" hysteria is a bit silly. You absolutely do not need your stash tabs to have names. Are they household pets or children? Tab naming is a cosmetic change, not a necessity.

Access to the trading system, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

"
Aixius wrote:
The convenience of easier trading through a web interface, or being able to store more items in a named stash page would NOT provide an IN-GAME advantage. That's what "P2W" refers to: IN-GAME advantages.

The ability to carry out asynchronous trades in a global game is obviously a killer feature. The problem, though, is that if the web trading interface is limited only to those who pay for it, then the number of potential trading partners is limited, which makes the system far less useful overall, even for the people who pay for the privilege. The system's usefulness scales with the number of players participating.

I'm not sure what GGG's plan is at this point, but IMO all players should get at least half or one public trade tab. Without that, the usefulness of the system decreases even for those of us that are more than happy to pay for more.

By all means, charge for stash names and stash colors and fancy stash borders, but making access to the web trading system paid-only would be a huge mistake, in my opinion.
Last edited by Karcaroth on Aug 12, 2012, 6:00:40 PM
so OP!
how much is okay for you?

Lets say "free" is not an option.

Lets say that:

1. Its itrervelant to this discussion
2. Its more about WHAT they sell and what they want to monetize and not about price (im perfecly fine with 3$ per page atm for examle but not with the rest of future things that Chris mention in stream. Im also perfeclty fine with selling COSMETIC SZTUFF for even 1k$ to pll like you. Whatever.).
3. Discussion about this kind of stuff with a guy that dump 1k $ in a F2P game is totally pointless so feel free to discuss topic but dont wait for personal answers from me (not counting this post). NOthing personal - just stating a fact here.
4. Read my posts again and you will get all info you need. Maybe you dont catch ecrything when you read them first time.

5. And last but not least... YES... 'free' is definitely an option. Some things can be monetized, some not. And its not my idea.. its not me that advertise game as a 'F2P with ETHICAL microtransactions and NOT SELLING POWER".

Last edited by Kabraxis on Aug 12, 2012, 7:24:34 PM
"
Kabraxis wrote:

3. Discussion about this kind of stuff with a guy that dump 1k $ in a F2P game is totally pointless so feel free to discuss topic but dont wait for personal answers from me (not counting this post). NOthing personal - just stating a fact here.

'dump'? Really? You want your argument taken seriously and you choose a word like 'dump' when talking to people who've really gone out of their way and made a clear sacrifice of their own funds/savings to help ensure this game exists and is the best it can be?

I strongly suggest you revisit that.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
Charan wrote:

I strongly suggest you revisit that.

Because what? Its forbidden to use word "dump" when i talk about Holy Diamond Supporter? Its personal offense? I dont think so.

Its my opinion and i have right to express it in the same way thah many ppl in this topics think that im poor, dont have job, i only QQ and i dont let make GGG devs todays bread.

Dudebag ask personal question and he gets personal answer.
Its last one because like i say... talking about car prices and cheap dealers tricks with a guy that 'dump' for example 10 milion dollars in garage full of cars is POINTLESS.
Its the same here... ppl that pay for a F2P game 1k USD talking about cash shop prices for 'normal' players.. hilarious.

No, it's not forbidden, just sort of rude and makes it seem like discussing the matter civilly with you will be a little difficult.

So are we diamond supporters excluded from your thread? Is that the bottom line? If so, I think you should probably rethink your argument, because excluding not just players but players who clearly care a LOT about this game isn't going to get you anywhere.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
NOone is excluded:

"
so feel free to discuss topic but dont wait for personal answers from me

He asks me something in personal and FOR ME talking about that things with a Diamonfd Supporter is like talking with blind man about colors.

But feel free to discuss... just dont wait for personal answers from me (like Dudebag wants).

And i dont say that you (or tother Diamonds) dont care about PoE or something and that you are worse than me or something. NO.
I care about this game too. Im a suppoerter too.
I simly have some opinnions about things that i hear in stream. Its not i that is trying to change topic in personal arguing about other stuff. Just read the topic and check some posts.
I am surprised, that this thread has gone so far.

There must be an understanding, that games are different, and what's pay 2 win in one game, isn't necessary the same in the other. Talking about pay 2 win in a ARPG, can't really be compared to pay to win in, let's say, O-game (if anyone knows if: A browser game, where you build up a planet and conquer new ones. Your buildings takes hours to make, but you can pay to get them done in a second). And some guys in this thread really makes it sound like the same.

So pay 2 win in O-game makes us win over the others, and we win for sure. The one who didn't spend money on reducing building times, will have no chance to build up an army vs. the guy who spends money.

Extra stash tabs in PoE does make it possible to store more items, but you can make an new account, and all is fixed. Sure it changes gameplay a little, but it's only a difference in the 10 minutes it takes you to mule the items.

Naming stash tabs, is the same, it's not necessary at all.

Please, you guys are really abusing the sentence "pay 2 win". There's plenty of games, that gives you big advantages for paying money, and this isn't one of them. Extra stash tabs is Pay 4 luxuries. It doesn't make you better or richer, ergo no pay 2 win.

If this game should be pay 2 win, GGG should sell items in a store (which wasn't found in game) and selling buffs.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
Charan wrote:
No, it's not forbidden, just sort of rude and makes it seem like discussing the matter civilly with you will be a little difficult.

So are we diamond supporters excluded from your thread? Is that the bottom line? If so, I think you should probably rethink your argument, because excluding not just players but players who clearly care a LOT about this game isn't going to get you anywhere.

He isnt excluding you, he just means that everyday money concerns like, "are my kids going to eat today"(sarcasm) arnt a concern to you, anymore since you can (not sure how to put this without offending people now) "donate" 1000$ to this what is truthfully an awesome game.

I kinda agree with him, its like asking bill gates whats the best deal on the local shops washing powder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info