Stash Pages Cost... (info from Kripp Streams)

I think your info is wrong. Or I could be, but the way I understood the info in the stream is that you pay that $1.50 or whatever for the ability to name or color your stash tabs. All your tabs, not one at a time.

If it is as you say it is, then yeah, I think that's a bit odd. It certainly doesn't put me off the game in the least though. I want to pay GGG for their service because they are putting out a great game that I have already spent more hours on than all the AAA titles I have played in the last few years combined), it's a just bonus that I get anything in return on top of being able to play the full game (which is absolutely free).

Please clear up something for me. Are we talking the chest-stash or inventory? If it's the stash, I really don't see the problem. It would be worse if it was the inventory, but hey, I'll buy a few more pages for that too if I get the chance. Oh, wait, no I don't. I already paid for the game, so I have 1000 points for the store already. That should give me a few free pages. :)
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
"
I think your info is wrong. Or I could be, but the way I understood the info in the stream is that you pay that $1.50 or whatever for the ability to name or color your stash tabs. All your tabs, not one at a time.

If it like you say then everything is ok and this is great pricing. FOR ALL tabs i may pay even 5$. BIt i think that i understand correctly and its 1,5$ per tab.

"
If it is as you say it is, then yeah, I think that's a bit odd. It certainly doesn't put me off the game in the least though. I want to pay GGG for their service because they are putting out a great game that I have already spent more hours on than all the AAA titles I have played in the last few years combined), it's a just bonus that I get anything in return on top of being able to play the full game (which is absolutely free).

I want to pay them too. I already did. But i have line with 'enough" and GGG starts to crosssing it with charging for something like that on per tab basis and starting monetizing game (UI) features.

o all of "stop QQ' and "3$ is OK price" mindless crowd:

1. Im not QQing - im paying supporter of this game and im in beta for almost a year. So... you know what :).. spare me "you can play game for free' and "GGG is so perfect you should give them all your life savings for PoE! Arent you thankful?!' bullshit. I may pay for some thing but i will not accept some other things.

2. Its not 3$ (i already pay 3$ for may extra stash tabs). If my info is correct (i understand correctly - and i think that i do) its s6$ per tab to unlock full functionality (with even more per tab in fiture).
Its really so cool? I dont think so.

PS. Some dev explanations will be really appreciated. Im still hoping that im misunderstood Chirs on stream.

"
That should give me a few free pages. :)

FREE? I think ou pay 100$ for them :) BTW. If this will end with 6$ per tab (with full functionality) you will get 16 pages with your 1000 points. Its not much (i have 10 already and im out of space and i dont even make much alchemy orbs - matches are really rare with 10 pages full of rares).

For 100$ you can buy three expansions for LOTRO for example and even some more stuff like cosmetics and mount. In PoE you can buy 15 stash pages... its just... weird pricing and weird system (if it will work like described in stream).
Last edited by Kabraxis on Aug 10, 2012, 7:11:19 PM
5-6 dollars does seem like a lot, doesn't it? However I would guess that you would probably ONLY need to buy a couple trade tabs. You'd never need more than that.

And I wouldn't be surprised if tabs get sold in bundles. For example, 3 bucks for a tab, 1 buck to name it, but if you buy 5 tabs you'll get them for 3 bucks a piece and you can name them/use them for trade. Also, I'm sure there will be "sales" from time to time.

Your point is valid but with any microtransaction game there are things like this. Champions Online is "F2P", but if you're willing to spend an absurd amount of money you can get all manner of new costume items. Again, the same amount of money could buy a game on sale on Steam.
"

Your point is valid but with any microtransaction game there are things like this. Champions Online is "F2P", but if you're willing to spend an absurd amount of money you can get all manner of new costume items. Again, the same amount of money could buy a game on sale on Steam.

But we dont talking here about cosmetiscs. i said that i dont really care about ccsmetics.

We talking about selling features (trade stashes linked with forum trading) and UI elements.

Ok... its still semi 'ethical' because its not selling direct power but for me in form "you pay for everything three times per page' is really hard to accept.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Aug 10, 2012, 7:15:03 PM
Any features/values mentioned are only guesses because we haven't finalised them. Once they are final, we will post details on the site. Your description is pretty accurate, though.

The reason we're planning to sell the ability to name tabs is because we have to sell something to continue to maintain the game. This is the trade-off that occurs if we're not selling power.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
GrimJahk wrote:
And yet, not one of those things is required to play the game and have fun.

GGG has invested a lot of time and money into making PoE, it is only fair that they be paid for their efforts as well.

They are offering up this game for FREE, they only sell convenience items if you choose to buy them.

Words of wisdom
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
I've supported to a fairly high degree, financially and in other ways. So keep that in mind when I actually agree with the OP in saying that 6 bucks for a stash tab is a bit high.

But that's assuming you want them all to be trading tabs, which you likely won't. I would think, based on the volume of an average trade right now and with forthcoming website trading options, that you wouldn't need more than 2-4 of those. If that. They're pretty big stashes.

So let's assume that a NAMED stash tab (and we'll want to name them, do not think otherwise) will be somewhere between 4 and 5 bucks. That's not so bad, but it's definitely not the 3 bucks we were led to believe would be the 'stash tab default cost'.

I think that dash is right, and 'bundles' will be the way to go. I would certainly expect a discount there -- maybe 4 for 10 or something.

Anyway -- although I do not agree with the OP's tone and approach, I think it's a valid point. The issue of just how 'free' Path of Exile is to play is going to only get hotter, and I'm ready to discuss it.

And to defend it, if need be.

And attack it, if need be.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the complaint here. I read every post in this thread carefully.

5 bucks, even 10 bucks isn't that much. I don't think anyone is complaining about the cost. Even people who say they are complaining about the cost probably really aren't complaining about the cost.

My best guess is that some people feel like they are being upsold on what should be "essentials". Then then go off and complain about the cost when even they are not aware that cost really is not their chief complaint.

Personally, I think the microtransaction model is generally a bad idea because it puts the developer and the end user on different "teams". But I really look forward to the day that I am proven wrong. And I am virtually certain that if any company ever manages to do it right, it won't be an American company. So I'm actually a bit optimistic in this case.

Regardless, I'm American and I think its my American bias that assumes all companies are evil, and out to screw you. But there's actually a pretty simple test for that in this case. Wait until the game releases, and then see what the prices are. First set your standard, like 50 bucks lifetime, or 5 bucks a month, or 10 bucks a month or whatever. Then look at all the features you would want to buy, and only play it if it meets your limits.

Regardless, I am positive that a game like this would never get the attention of American investors. The concept of giving their end users the option of paying for the product they are funding would be anathema to the lot of them.
Without letting this get off-topic, papakapp, I do agree with you for the most part.

Like I said, *I* can clearly afford enough stash tabs to fill a small house (...that didn't work, but whatever); my argument is for those who can't or won't. To whom the game has been advertised as 'free' and 'ethical.'

I love GGG and I love PoE. That does not mean I can blindly defend something that has yet to be tested, nor does it mean I attack people who are skeptical.

This is going to be one of the biggest issues for a while.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info