Stash Pages Cost... (info from Kripp Streams)

I guess ill shoot at both points of view

First and foremost this is a free game which they have developed and taken feedback greatly so I would assume for them to continue and improve they do have to have some income so i view it more as a part of donating towards them as appose to just paying x amt for those features.

For the extra tab like others mentioned u can always use dif chars, so i still view that as more of a donation thing which the pricing can still be worked on at a later time

For the naming of the tabs i think that could be something just included as a free feauture, or very small amount, but i would see a better way that this can possibly be implemented is an in game custom title for your characters when others hover over your name, i can see others paying more for that but Im not sure how that would work thats just a quick thought
Actually, four tabs are enough :)

"
Pivu wrote:

If I understood correctly - to use the website trading system - I will have to pay? That's ridiculous, and if it will be so - I'll just stop playing.

I will admit the system is not that common yet. But I am having a hard time thinking of it as "ridiculous". I have paid for games in the past. I have paid game subscriptions in the past. I don't know if PoE will hook me or not, but assuming it does, sure, I would rather pay 60 bucks for a full featured game right out the gate. But if they think they can do better with the microtransaction thing, I'm cool with that. If it turns out to be some sneaky, complicated system to get more than 60 bucks out of my wallet, well shame on me for falling for it. But so far I don't think that is their angle.

I just don't see the logic behind being unwilling to pay 10 bucks the the [trade] feature unless you never pay any amount of money for any other game.
If your want to use you stash for horadric cubing. Be smart. Only store small items. Or use multiple chars.

PUblic stash costs a few bucks but you can just Alt + click on your items to sell. Or link your items in the trade forum. Simple as that. Public stash is just a convenient way to do the same thing.

Ditto for Tab naming.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
Aixius wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

So let's assume that a NAMED stash tab (and we'll want to name them, do not think otherwise) will be somewhere between 4 and 5 bucks. That's not so bad, but it's definitely not the 3 bucks we were led to believe would be the 'stash tab default cost'.

Actually it's exactly what you were led to believe. Does the tab not function exactly the same without a label on it? The label is a luxury. If you want that particular luxury then you can pay more, or you can improve your memory and remember what number is associated with the type of items you've placed in each tab. Just because you see something as a must-have doesn't mean it obligated GGG to include it for free...it's the whole premise of giving the game away for free and paying to host/maintain it: if you want to further improve the experience then you can pay more to do so.

Again (and I'm getting tired of saying this), I'm speaking for people who might not have $250-1k to throw at the game and its developers. People to whom 3 bucks a stash tab might be okay, or even $4, but when you consider just how many stash tabs people are going to want/need, this all adds up.

I'm not sure about the line between ethical and non- with these things, but I am sure that GGG like to be fair...and I'm not 100% convinced that a tab that costs $3 should, in all fairness, be a third on top of that for the ability to name it. I do like to believe that each microtransaction we pay for took a little work -- be it a dye colour, a weapon skin, the implementation of custom leagues, animations...all that.

Changing the name of a stash tab from '1' to 'Swords' is nowhere near the amount of work of, say, a new animation for Dual Strike. So if a stash tab, which takes much less work, is going to cost a dollar, just how much of a price-point can we anticipate for animations?

Again (and hopefully for the last time), this is me playing Devil's Advocate. They might charge based on demand rather than work to produce. Still, any time I see any hint of a precedent being set for the cash shop prices, I immediately start wondering what other things will look like, price-wise.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
To clarify one thing: There will be an ingame trade screen a la Diablo 2 (though hopefully a slightly more advanced version) implemented in one of the next big patches before Open Beta! This will be free for everyone and doesn't require a public stash tab. You can also use the future trade channels to sell things, as well as advertise your gear on the trade forums. All of this can be done for free.

The only difference is that with a trade tab you can actually complete the trade online, without ever having to log into the game.
"
Charan wrote:
"
Aixius wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

So let's assume that a NAMED stash tab (and we'll want to name them, do not think otherwise) will be somewhere between 4 and 5 bucks. That's not so bad, but it's definitely not the 3 bucks we were led to believe would be the 'stash tab default cost'.

Actually it's exactly what you were led to believe. Does the tab not function exactly the same without a label on it? The label is a luxury. If you want that particular luxury then you can pay more, or you can improve your memory and remember what number is associated with the type of items you've placed in each tab. Just because you see something as a must-have doesn't mean it obligated GGG to include it for free...it's the whole premise of giving the game away for free and paying to host/maintain it: if you want to further improve the experience then you can pay more to do so.

Again (and I'm getting tired of saying this), I'm speaking for people who might not have $250-1k to throw at the game and its developers. People to whom 3 bucks a stash tab might be okay, or even $4, but when you consider just how many stash tabs people are going to want/need, this all adds up.

I'm not sure about the line between ethical and non- with these things, but I am sure that GGG like to be fair...and I'm not 100% convinced that a tab that costs $3 should, in all fairness, be a third on top of that for the ability to name it. I do like to believe that each microtransaction we pay for took a little work -- be it a dye colour, a weapon skin, the implementation of custom leagues, animations...all that.

Changing the name of a stash tab from '1' to 'Swords' is nowhere near the amount of work of, say, a new animation for Dual Strike. So if a stash tab, which takes much less work, is going to cost a dollar, just how much of a price-point can we anticipate for animations?

Again (and hopefully for the last time), this is me playing Devil's Advocate. They might charge based on demand rather than work to produce. Still, any time I see any hint of a precedent being set for the cash shop prices, I immediately start wondering what other things will look like, price-wise.

I understood that you were playing Devil's Advocate, I just didn't think your argument was very good. I wasn't aware that the purpose of playing Devil's Advocate was to shut down discussion (it's not).

I get what you mean about perhaps only wanting to pay for something that seems to take working time to implement - like a new animation, etc. - but the reality of F2P is that GGG has incurred huge costs to develop the game and will incur huge costs to host and maintain the game. To be honest, I never considered that the ability to name my stash tabs would even be an option, so if GGG wants to charge a fee for that particular service then I say "have at it" because this is a F2P game and they need to make money somewhere.

Players that think it's a stupid fee won't buy that particular service/perk. Am I getting my moneys worth when I pay $1.50 (speculative) for naming my stash tab? No, probably not. What about at $1, or $0.50? Whatever the sweetspot to encourage volume sales turns out to be is likely what they'll settle on for pricing.

So we're back to limited-budget players playing PoE: the budget-minded players are going to buy a stash tab and not the naming perk if it's out of their financial reach. The game is F2P: they've been presented with an entire game (possibly, lol) to play and the tools with which to play it (stash, client, servers, characters, skills, website, trading, etc.)...and GGG isn't supposed to make some non-P2W money where they can? I'd like to see a real argument for that. If they make no money, the game goes away, plain and simple.
"
Aixius wrote:

I understood that you were playing Devil's Advocate, I just didn't think your argument was very good..

Well, no, it really wasn't. How can it be? I'm clearly a paying customer! But I had to at least start to make such an argument, because I think the last thing this thread needs is some 'whale' (I still love that term) barging in (with mod powers, no less!) and saying how stupid it is to expect a game to be truly free (to make and run, as it were), because, well...if you advertise free to play, people are going to wonder what the catch is.

I'm trying, very ineffectually, I'll admit, to illustrate that catch without making it look completely evil.

Perhaps I'll just be a bit more honest in the future and argue only from my own standpoint.

*sadly turns the tag back on.*
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
Aixius wrote:

I understood that you were playing Devil's Advocate, I just didn't think your argument was very good..

Well, no, it really wasn't. How can it be? I'm clearly a paying customer! But I had to at least start to make such an argument, because I think the last thing this thread needs is some 'whale' (I still love that term) barging in (with mod powers, no less!) and saying how stupid it is to expect a game to be truly free (to make and run, as it were), because, well...if you advertise free to play, people are going to wonder what the catch is.

I'm trying, very ineffectually, I'll admit, to illustrate that catch without making it look completely evil.

Perhaps I'll just be a bit more honest in the future and argue only from my own standpoint.

*sadly turns the tag back on.*

LOL it's a bit like Batman donning the cape and cowl. Diamond Charan, to the rescue! Honestly, though, I think we're jumping to conclusions about the prices a bit too quickly. I think it's quite clear that we expect public tabs and naming tabs to be cheap, so hopefully GGG will see this and find a way to make everyone happy.

But consider this: if the game only has 10,000 players that pay an average of 10 bucks per month, that's only 100,000 dollars, which doesn't come close to covering the cost of the game.
why do i want my stash page named...?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info