[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Kenza wrote:
Great build. I personally want to take a build beyond lvl 85 into end game maps, in groups. Not sure this will be viable in terms of my requirement.

Oh man don't group with this build. It is more fun solo. If you are serious you try to stack MF instead of dps as group play with this character just sucks except againts bosses WHEN EVERYONE BUT YOU MELTS.
Last edited by bowmore17 on Dec 19, 2013, 9:35:47 AM
First of all a word from me about MF.

I'm sorry if some of you already know that but in the year and a half of playing PoE i've never , absolutely never played MF character, i never did MF runs, i never sacrifised clearing speed over more IIQ/IIR... and still i was able to level up alot of characters, try 20+ different builds and own over 300+ exalts in items and currency... so in my opinion MF is overrated and unnecessairy.
I find it very boring to clear a simple merciless dock for 5 minutes with crazy MF again and again and again and again and again... until your eyes become empty and your minds slips away...
I also find it extremely unpleasant to play in a party as a MF culler.... just waiting there and occasionaly cast a spell/use an attack just to split the loot with 7 different people.. and all that will take you alot of time...
I prefer to have 0 IIQ and IIR and just faceroll everything, clearing every map with unseen speed, after all IIQ and IIR doesn't affect map drops so you won't "lose" any potencial map drops... and with the much faster clearing speed you actualy aquire more currency and gear per hour than a guy with very high IIQ/IIR who can't even do a 70+ map on his own... and do lower level maps for 10+ minutes...

In the end i want to say that this is my personal opinion!

Well about high level maps with groups.... what can i say.. you won't die and you deal pretty good damage.. to be honest i rarely see other builds with 40k+ DPS.. most of them rely on high crit and crit multi... you know crazy dagger flickers with gear that costs 200+ exalts etc.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How do people get 45k++ DPS? Right now I'm sitting at ~36k and I'm not sure what else I could possibly do to up my damage, other than getting a couple more levels on my gems...

Current Passives:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzBS0M9xRNGS4aMhv6HRQl3yftKMUpLjWSNuk64TwtPfxHfkrITDVN4099UWBXDVhjWfNeE2BLYSFlTWaeZ5tuaW6qcH1yqXTteA1673y4fNmAVoM4hNmE74jxiq-QVZkroLSiAKQZplepbqmVq8WsWayqrK-vbLXytz653b2Bvoq-p8APwBrDhsT2xYrGrsbY0TbSTdSP2WHi6uNq55Hp1e8O73zwH_Iv8kXzvvPd-tL7qv4K_o8=

Gear:

Stats:

Defensive:

Offensive:

edit: new chest/ammy
Last edited by ClumsyParasite on Dec 20, 2013, 5:25:33 AM
Well you nknow all those small things like better facebreakrs 20/20 gems ( your multistrike has no quality, all gems are level 17-18) when you combine all that you can squize up to around my DPS ~42k DPS ... for peopl having more... i guess the way is to have Frenzy charges, possibly some offensive nodes ( like berserking )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
How do people get 45k++ DPS? Right now I'm sitting at ~36k and I'm not sure what else I could possibly do to up my damage, other than getting a couple more levels on my gems...

Why don't you use blood rage for instance?
"
bowmore17 wrote:
"

Why don't you use blood rage for instance?

-60% Chaos Resistance :(
Spoiler
edited

Last edited by icucicu117 on Dec 20, 2013, 1:54:48 PM
"
splitside wrote:
I just want to say that this guide and build was the most fun i had in POE. the damage output and fun of blowing things up all the way to level 73 was awesome.

Unfortunately i got a little to lax in my focus and while helping someone kill VAAL on merc, i didn't dodge fast enough and got one shot. i had no problem killing Vaal solo, but for somereaon with someone else there, i just didn't see which arm was up in time, even with 30% movespeed.

oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'd do this build again, it wasn't TERRIBLY expensive in Nemesis economy these days. 4c for 760% facebreakers about 10 total chaos for the jewlery all 8-15 or higher, the rest i already had or found.

i think the biggest hit will be losing two CwdT gems. that was a genius idea, and helped a lot. Using dominating blow, i farmed maps solo very safely, even tough ones. leave it to a level 60 boss to take me out (I was using abyssus so even with 49% damage reduction, his smash attack was full damage)

i learned a lot about what's important in the skill tree, and about the economy because i had to do so much trading to get good gear.

The only caveat i have about this build is the fact that it's SO gear dependant, there's really no room to have a magic find set, or input MF into it easily. one ring or amulet and you lose 2k+ damage and your farming slows significanly. The other really irritating part about the build is the 'auto equip' function of the game that i couldn't find a way to turn off. a few times i'd go to pick up an item on the ground to sell as a chromatic (white item) and it'd go into my hand, which caused all kinds of problems when i don't notice it and run into a pack expecting to explode it and i end up doing like 1k damage to them all and get into trouble.

Great guide, in depth, well planned and thought out. thank you for 2 months of fun.

Go to options then ui. Enable key pickup and disable auto equip. Now you won't have problems with this anymore.
Hey guys. Just wanted to announce my new guide:
How to kill without doing anything. Guide for an AFK PvP witch build.
You can check it out here :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/721568
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanted to announce my new guide:
How to kill without doing anything. Guide for an AFK PvP witch build.
You can check it out here :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/721568

Is that build only for pvp?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info