[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hey Korgoth, am lvl 73 Mara using this build, great clearspeed, doing about 17k dps with Hatred at the moment. Only thing is my links are IB+MS+multistrike + blood magic, with a BOR

How you you sustain mana on IB without blood magic? I dont have any mana leech on gear or passives.

My clearspeed is really good, so im not worried about more dps. But, still I would love to sustain mana and swap BM for added fire.

This is my gear

my build - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0M9xLhFE0ZLhv6Jd8n7SkuNZI26TwtPfxAoEd-SshPfVBQUWBXDVhjWfNeE18_YEthIWVNZp5nm25pbqpwfXKpdO14DXrvfLh82YBWgziE2YTviPGMz5BVkc6ZK565oLSiAKQZqBipbqvFrFmsqqyvr2y18rc-ud29gb6KvqfAD8Aaw4bE9sWKxq7G2NJN1I_ZYeLq42rnY-eR6dXvDu988B_yL_ZI-tL7qv4K_o8=
IGN: Vaelfor
Last edited by Vaelfor77 on Dec 30, 2013, 10:50:57 AM
Well Vaelfor77 the answer to this question:
"
Vaelfor77 wrote:
How you you sustain mana on IB without blood magic?

Is your next sentence :)

"
Vaelfor77 wrote:
I dont have any mana leech on gear or passives.

You can't sustain your mana if you don't have mana leech from your gear... try to get a ring or amulet with mana leech ( and with anything else that you need on a ring/amulet of course - phys dmg, life, resists etc. ). There is no other way!

Oh and an advice on your tree. Get the Path of the Warrior when you have enough skill points. Flat life from the skill tree actualy gives you more life than a %life node at this point, since you have alot of % life nodes that will scale the flat life.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 30, 2013, 11:01:56 AM
"
Vaelfor77 wrote:
Hey Korgoth, am lvl 73 Mara using this build, great clearspeed, doing about 17k dps with Hatred at the moment. Only thing is my links are IB+MS+multistrike + blood magic, with a BOR

How you you sustain mana on IB without blood magic? I dont have any mana leech on gear or passives.

My clearspeed is really good, so im not worried about more dps. But, still I would love to sustain mana and swap BM for added fire.

This is my gear

my build - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0M9xLhFE0ZLhv6Jd8n7SkuNZI26TwtPfxAoEd-SshPfVBQUWBXDVhjWfNeE18_YEthIWVNZp5nm25pbqpwfXKpdO14DXrvfLh82YBWgziE2YTviPGMz5BVkc6ZK565oLSiAKQZqBipbqvFrFmsqqyvr2y18rc-ud29gb6KvqfAD8Aaw4bE9sWKxq7G2NJN1I_ZYeLq42rnY-eR6dXvDu988B_yL_ZI-tL7qv4K_o8=

You have forgotten to add 20% quality to your shield and boots.

I don't see a saffell shield.
Always keep saffel on the switch when you are fightning magic damage. Invaluable item that lets you kill otherwise impossible bosses like piety in the lvl 71 temple map and amarissa in the lvl 72 torture chamber map (Just two examples)

Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 30, 2013, 1:59:18 PM
Looks like your FB witch will become my next char after this one ;) At least POE thinks so..
First run on map with this duelist and Aegis Aurora dropped :D

Also oen more thing..this chest is fun to have ( in my level, idk about later )
Spoiler

5 endurance charges and onslaught almost all the time :D and in my case i run with ~20k dps and onslaught adds 3k more ;)
Wicked_Clown
Yea the chest seems cool, and the dodge chance is nice too!
Now image if you had mana leech on a ring so you could use added fire damage :P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
i do have 1% on each :) but that seems low..thinking to get amulet with at least 2% mana so i could finally jump to top gear :D
Wicked_Clown
Hmm strange.. 1% works fine for me...
i'm fairly new player here thus im not aware of how engine works on some occations.
But my guess would be lack of mana regen from equipment. Because today on map with - hp/mp/es regen i constanly ran out of mana, and i have ~220mana and IB uses ~60 per cast
Wicked_Clown
Well i'll reveal you a secret that often eludes even experienced players.
Back in the Closed beta you could actualy see how much mana per second you gain when you hit something if you have mana leech. Basicly your mana regeneration would jump from let's say 20 to 50 when you hit a monster( because mana leech is leeched per second and not the whole X% imiddiatly ) So i did some tests and found out that items/passives that increase you mana regeneration with X% will actualy increase the amount of mana leeched per second ( the same rule aplied to the life leech aswell ). Now this is impossible to prove today because hitting things while having mana leech won't change anything in the character sheet anymore. But i never read anything about it in any patch notes so i suppose that it is still the same.
The fact that you have difficulties ( im having the same too ) in 50% less mana regen actualy prooves it. I have very low mana regen to begin with so if the 50% less mana regen was to affect only the "pure" mana regen i wouldn't even notice that map mod. But the less mana regen clearly affects the amount of mana leeched.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 30, 2013, 5:09:06 PM
prolly you're correct here. Just made some test and in the end took mana flows and put fire dmg into set :D..with mana flows it feels kinda okay with mana..not perfect yet, but nothing witch can;t be handled with one bottle of mana :) dps jumped to 25k :) need to get 20q fire gem :/
Wicked_Clown

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info