I Would Upgrade to a Gold Pack But....[Desync issues, with GGG response]

"
Sickman wrote:
"
splitsticks wrote:
Fuck those snakes. Seriously fuck them all.

lol

Have you have had it with those motherfucking snakes in that motherfucking pyramid?

I am pretty sure I yelled this in vent last night at some point or another.

Anyway I have had some minimal de-syncing issues, it nearly got me killed once but for the most part it hasn't plagued me too much. Although now that I am saying this I am sure it is going to get me murdered the next time I play.
I have very rarely had problems with desyncing, but the snakes are definitely worse than any other monster. It doesn't help that they have small hitboxes either.
I must agree that desyncing/rubber-banding is problematic in some cases.
I've a good connection to the European server (~25 constant ping) but still experience desyncing. It seems this has more to do with how the game handles movement around corners or teleport/jump skills. To me, in those situations it happens most. For example when rolling around in Fellshrine Ruins I don't experience any desyncing, but when grinding in Pyramids it happens a lot more.

There also seem different types of desyncing, sometimes the mob just dies and the loot drops in a position away from your character.
Sometimes while still attacking a mob the character teleports towards the 'real' position of the mob (occasionally inside a large group of mobs..), and sometimes you can keep hitting it without being teleported somewhere else, but the loot drops at your character's feet.

A 99% way to reproduce this is get +20% movement speed boots and then use phase run to try and rush from the pyramid waypoint all the way to the boss, it'll happen atleast once (either losing hp by 'invisible mobs', or getting teleported back to some corner/next to a mob).

I hope they will improve it yes, but so far this has been the best 10 bucks I spent in a while :p

*reason for posting my feedback in here, is because its a known bug*
Last edited by quzzap on Aug 25, 2012, 7:19:35 PM

Maybe we should try with temp chain skills + totem.

^ ^

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
could it be that the desync problem stems from the fact the so much of the gameplay mechanics are handled server side, i know this is a code protection issue, but how much game stability are the players prepared to sacrifice( especially the HC crowd) before they deem it not worth their time and effort to level up, farm , craft items only to loose it all to a tech problem?
is there another way to protect you code and put more of the game mechanics client side so that the game is more stable? This is probably too late in developement to ask such a question but...
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
All I can ever think of when someone complains about desync is playing Diablo 2 on dial up over 10 years ago.

Does anyone remember black wall???

Oh the lulz
S L O W E R
I remember the empty zones I'd run through, only to realise that they weren't empty a minute later when I was dead.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
ampdecay wrote:
All I can ever think of when someone complains about desync is playing Diablo 2 on dial up over 10 years ago.

Does anyone remember black wall???

Oh the lulz

Lets be abit more objective with our comparisons and bring it past the turn of the century me old fossil.

Everyone compares this game to D3, and in terms of server/ client stability D3 comes out on top, not by much, but i have yet to encounter a desync problem that led to my imminent demise in D3.

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

- Some poor soul.
Well I've definitly had the rubberband into death on D3 and on PoE, however I feel a little better about it with PoE. Seeing a town populated with other players and knowing its a small band of misfit devs making something they care about I can let it slide. That being said I've gotten several desync death in the last two days playing from the southwestern U.S.
"
Well I've definitly had the rubberband into death on D3 and on PoE, however I feel a little better about it with PoE. Seeing a town populated with other players and knowing its a small band of misfit devs making something they care about I can let it slide. That being said I've gotten several desync death in the last two days playing from the southwestern U.S.

The question for me is will they significantly improve game stability by the time they go OB? And how long are you going to be willing to 'let it slide'?

I think HC league players who experience this problem are going to be pissed if this persists into open beta....

As much as i enjoy this game and praise the Devs for their integrity and commitment to a 'non commercial' gaming experience i must admit i have hardly played PoE since the PC release of dark souls.....

1. i dont have to put up with tech problems that lead to my characters demise in dark souls
2. dark souls also offers a hard core gaming experience that i enjoy.
3. i would play both games and would continue to support GGG with money if they would come up with a feasible solution to this problem, or at least keep us in the loop with their progress toward a fix....

This is the point, if i am given the choice between 2 Hard Core games that i enjoy ultimately i will spend my time (and money) playing the one that doesn't give me grief with a persistent tech problem.

In the last 5 months i have notice the desync problem getting more frequent, this may directly reflect on the larger amount of players that are daily inhabiting the realm, which is great to see. this leads me to ask the question, will this problem further diminish when more server space is available? If that is the case, cool i can live with that, but it would be nice if GGG kept us informed of these things.

- Some poor soul.
Last edited by Nemesis5858 on Sep 3, 2012, 3:17:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info