I Would Upgrade to a Gold Pack But....[Desync issues, with GGG response]

The desync problem is really pissing me off. >8{

Will this be fixed before OB?

Dont bother to post the "well it is beta....blah blah blah" reply either. This problem has been around for some time now and the Devs have yet to address it in an effective way.

I am serious though, i would buy the Gold Supporters Pack if this problem was sorted before OB.
Otherwise great game, have enjoyed the ride man.... keep on truckin.
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
May not be on topic but... desync problem?
"
Mr_Smith wrote:

Some peoples ISP does not play with servers in different regions for various reasons. Creates rubber banding, lag, etc.

Some games try to compensate by adding code that detects and then resyncs to different degrees of success.

I have played a lot of online games and never had a problem but many other do and if a company wants their business they make the attempt even though it technically isn't their problem.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
20 hrs of play and no DC's from me, a wireless interenet user from Aust. Heck I was even playing with no noticable lag with my connection capped at 64/64. And im the biggest nazi when it comes to smooth gameplay/no lag.
i get DC'ed from their servers probably 2 times a day or so. and they arent long DC's maybe 2 minutes.

im on east coast of USA btw.
My Life For Aiur!

"
Leethium wrote:
20 hrs of play and no DC's from me, a wireless interenet user from Aust. Heck I was even playing with no noticable lag with my connection capped at 64/64. And im the biggest nazi when it comes to smooth gameplay/no lag.

..which is something else entirely. He is talking about the client side and the server side of the game being out of sync, for example mobs that aren't where they appear on your screen.
Last edited by Unhold on Aug 6, 2012, 3:14:10 PM
Same thing here OP. Not going to invest any more money in a game that has such significant technical issues this late into development.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
"
Mr_Smith wrote:

Some peoples ISP does not play with servers in different regions for various reasons. Creates rubber banding, lag, etc.

Some games try to compensate by adding code that detects and then resyncs to different degrees of success.

I have played a lot of online games and never had a problem but many other do and if a company wants their business they make the attempt even though it technically isn't their problem.

I'm not too sure "it technically isn't their problem."

I live geographically very close to the servers, and I normally have pings in the 30's to them, and I still experience desync at least once a day, usually more.

I'm hopeful that a little client/server tweaking will alleviate the issue. I'm too scared to play HC until then.
Appart from the occasional Lag spike. And the odd Rubberbanding (wich is still far less then in ToG)

I say yes go for it

But if you are having many problems, i can understand why you shouldnt.

Ps: ive noticed the "desyncing" has severly increased, Could be the load on the server

Couple of weeks it was just around 1400 people, now its at 2400 .... so that could explain that
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
"
Nemesis5858 wrote:
The desync problem is really pissing me off. >8{

Will this be fixed before OB?

Dont bother to post the "well it is beta....blah blah blah" reply either. This problem has been around for some time now and the Devs have yet to address it in an effective way.

I am serious though, i would buy the Gold Supporters Pack if this problem was sorted before OB.
Otherwise great game, have enjoyed the ride man.... keep on truckin.

Every game that involves an internet connection and clientside movement prediction will have issues with sync. Many games get around this by not using clientside movement prediction. An example is HoN, where when you click, you have to wait for the data to get to the server and back before you see any movement. In action RPGs like PoE, that would be completely unacceptable.

Every single entity in a game like this is constantly out of sync because it was initiated by something that is a fair distance (at the speed of light) from the computer that receives the information about it. The trick is getting it so that it feels like it is consistent and that you don't have to rubberband often. Oldschool PoE players will be able to tell you that we have improved this massively from what it used to be like.

There's still a lot we can do to improve it. It's an ongoing challenge that requires substantial technology and tweaking.

We're not aiming to have it 100% fixed before Open Beta. Open Beta is just the time that we're going to do our last character wipe, so we're prioritising issues related to that (PvP, Act Three, and other things that affect core game balance). We're planning to improve the game for a decade, so you will hopefully see improvements both before and after the start of Open Beta!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 6, 2012, 7:27:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info