I Would Upgrade to a Gold Pack But....[Desync issues, with GGG response]

...The t-shirt is awesome. Just sayin'.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
Chris wrote:

There's still a lot we can do to improve it. It's an ongoing challenge that requires substantial technology and tweaking.

Thx for the response.

However, I clearly noticed a diffirence in behaviour.
Im comparing it with pre beta test weekend and now.

Before the Beta weekend, i had 0 issues (around 1000-1500 people on average i think)

After beta weekend, i noticed the "desyncing" + users had bumped up into the 2000 +

So thats why i quoted you on that part, "technology"
ie servers? Could this increase in "desyncing" Have anything to do with server load? or am i just being obtuse
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
I have every faith that after the content patches are finished, Open Beta is going to fix all those technical and polish issues people have been begging for for a long time.

Honestly, TheRabbit and OP, you guys are in a tiny minority I think. I play on the American server from Taiwan with absolutely no lag, only two DCs to date, and never have serious issues with rubberbanding.
Dash,

Normally i play on a ping of 13-16 now thats fantastic
never had any issues, no dc nothing.

But something has changed thou, my ping is roughly the same but i have massive rubberbanding

Checked my connection, to make sure i was not downloading something in the background. To no avail

Good to note that this started after open beta weekend.
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
Actually you get kind of used to it^^

Was the same in D3, you killed an enemy and the loot dropped elsewhere :P

It sometimes is frustrating since the enemies sometimes even disappear while still being able to hit you, which I hated in D3 as much as I hate it hear. But actually there are resyncs, but it seems they are not often enough, since these enemies reappear a short time later out of nowhere.

But actually this isn't easy to solve. More resyncing means more work for the system. I don't know about their technical-capabilities, but eliminating this problems completly might not be completly possible.

Actually I don't find it too problematic, and since resyncing happens if the server does something different than the client, this should normally decrease if the work on the game is based about finishing it, not adding more content, since you might actually increase the problem by adding new things and new mechanics etc.

And since it isn't worse than in D3 I can't really blame them. I had two enemies vanishing today and some missplaced loot (or the animation of the molten-shell explosion... but since it hits the right enemies and only looks strange, I don't bother).

Since you could only search for the reason for the desync (which might not be something you are responsible for) or resync server and client more often you can't do much. I guess they are already looking into what could cause the issue, but I guess this will take it's tame, so the only other option is more resyncs, which could create new problems.
South East here and no problems with dc/lag/banding/etc so far, I use Comcast.
Last edited by Deggon on Aug 6, 2012, 9:09:50 PM
I don't have any sync issues between client side and server. I hope whatever your issue it is gets fixed so you can support GGG and PoE :D
Kiwi Name = Sir Remington Kiwi; Duke of that tree over there.
It's important to post the skills you use and the enemies you are fighting when you experience major sync issues.

Sync issues that can be concretely identified as being caused by a particular skill or action combination can be fixed much easier.

Sync can vary for users from no issues at all, to major issues, simply by the skills they use and the monsters they are around.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Currently in the Pyramid fighting those ludicrously fast snakes that might as well have the "desync" affix permanently attached. I literally have not had one engagement where they are not constantly teleporting around and appearing at my side, which is a problem when playing a pure evasion ranger.

Attacking with a bow using the Grace and Hatred auras, as well as on-hit elemental damage of every type. Hopefully this is of some slight help.

Fuck those snakes. Seriously fuck them all.
"
splitsticks wrote:
Fuck those snakes. Seriously fuck them all.

lol

Have you have had it with those motherfucking snakes in that motherfucking pyramid?

Pure Summoner Witch Build inc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info