I Would Upgrade to a Gold Pack But....[Desync issues, with GGG response]

"
Nemesis5858 wrote:
The desync problem is really pissing me off. >8{

Will this be fixed before OB?

Dont bother to post the "well it is beta....blah blah blah" reply either. This problem has been around for some time now and the Devs have yet to address it in an effective way.

I am serious though, i would buy the Gold Supporters Pack if this problem was sorted before OB.
Otherwise great game, have enjoyed the ride man.... keep on truckin.

Every game that involves an internet connection and clientside movement prediction will have issues with sync. Many games get around this by not using clientside movement prediction. An example is HoN, where when you click, you have to wait for the data to get to the server and back before you see any movement. In action RPGs like PoE, that would be completely unacceptable.

Every single entity in a game like this is constantly out of sync because it was initiated by something that is a fair distance (at the speed of light) from the computer that receives the information about it. The trick is getting it so that it feels like it is consistent and that you don't have to rubberband often. Oldschool PoE players will be able to tell you that we have improved this massively from what it used to be like.

There's still a lot we can do to improve it. It's an ongoing challenge that requires substantial technology and tweaking.

We're not aiming to have it 100% fixed before Open Beta. Open Beta is just the time that we're going to do our last character wipe, so we're prioritising issues related to that (PvP, Act Three, and other things that affect core game balance). We're planning to improve the game for a decade, so you will hopefully see improvements both before and after the start of Open Beta!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 6, 2012, 7:27:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info