I Would Upgrade to a Gold Pack But....[Desync issues, with GGG response]

One thing that people forget is, high movement speed and high mobility spells will increase the amount you notice rubber banding.

People say the desync is "getting worse" and attribute it to other factors, when its quite likely its just your play style causing more noticeable banding (read: higher level).

Correlation doesnt imply causation people; l2science.
"
RavenousRaven wrote:
One thing that people forget is, high movement speed and high mobility spells will increase the amount you notice rubber banding.

People say the desync is "getting worse" and attribute it to other factors, when its quite likely its just your play style causing more noticeable banding (read: higher level).

movement speed and spells have nothing to do with my desync problems.... one of my most recent rubberbanding experiences involved standing still shooting a burning arrow from the upper edge of an ampitheater room, full of spiders, down into the spiders massed at the bottom of the room. then schplang... now im in the middle of the spider mass with 10% of my life left...
From what i have observed this 'banding problem seems more to be linked to the 'lock-on auto targeting' system than anything else....
i think if the target you are locked onto moves out of range or behind cover the system tries to compensate by repositioning you... unfortunately when the game is resyncing this sometimes means you are repositioned right next to the target when a moment ago you where at a safe distance from the target.....?
Have the devs considered this aspect of the desync problem?
maybe this problem will diminish further when more servers/bandwidth comes online before OB....?
.....and thank you chris for taking the time from your busy day to answer this post.
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
Last edited by Nemesis5858 on Aug 23, 2012, 7:43:27 AM
"
Nemesis5858 wrote:
"
RavenousRaven wrote:

movement speed and spells have nothing to do with my desync problems.... one of my most recent rubberbanding experiences involved standing still shooting a burning arrow from the upper edge of an ampitheater room, full of spiders, down into the spiders massed at the bottom of the room. then schplang... now im in the middle of the spider mass with 10% of my life left...
From what i have observed this 'banding problem seems more to be linked to the 'lock-on auto targeting' system than anything else....
i think if the target you are locked onto moves out of range or behind cover the system tries to compensate by repositioning you... unfortunately when the game is resyncing this sometimes means you are repositioned right next to the target when a moment ago you where at a safe distance from the target.....?
Have the devs considered this aspect of the desync problem?
maybe this problem will diminish further when more servers/bandwidth comes online before OB....?
.....and thank you chris for taking the time from your busy day to answer this post.

Ouch, that sounds really bad for HC.

It only happens in bursts with me, ill play for hours with no prob and for like 15 min mobs are just appearing places and dieing before my marauder jumps for his leap slam lol its kinda funny actually circle of mobs blow up than I jump on the corpses like GET SOME BETCHES
"
It only happens in bursts with me, ill play for hours with no prob and for like 15 min mobs are just appearing places and dieing before my marauder jumps for his leap slam lol its kinda funny actually circle of mobs blow up than I jump on the corpses like GET SOME BETCHES

Lol'd because exact same thing happens with me when it does happen.
"
Chris wrote:

Every game that involves an internet connection and clientside movement prediction will have issues with sync. Many games get around this by not using clientside movement prediction. An example is HoN, where when you click, you have to wait for the data to get to the server and back before you see any movement. In action RPGs like PoE, that would be completely unacceptable.

Why is it unacceptable ? The delay occasionned by such a system shouldn't be too long. HoN is a game that requires much faster reactions than PoE, still it looks like they made it work. I don't like HoN, but it was the same in warcraft3 and it was perfectly ok.

Moreover, from a player perspective, delay is much more managable than desync. Seriously, desync is just random death.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Aug 23, 2012, 4:11:29 PM
I can deal with it for the most part except for Brutus. His ranged attack constantly hits me even when I'm nowhere close to it.
The rock pile things in old fields, bridge, etc (Merciless)...I have died to those about 10 times in the last week (only the yellow guys...even the blues are a cakewalk for me).

They hit like a truck, so i wade in, nail em once or twice, then sprint away...this is where the problem comes in..I'm half a screen away when my health drops to near zero. not lag, desync I think.

Anyway, I can deal, but not exactly fun dying 3 or 4 times at level 59 in Merciless ;-))
Evil Sysadmin
"
Lactose wrote:
I can deal with it for the most part except for Brutus. His ranged attack constantly hits me even when I'm nowhere close to it.

Heh Brutus. I almost died yesterday on HC Ruthless because of charging Rhoas and desync. One moment I am at full life and full ES and next I am at 10% life LOL.

Before and after that mobs cannot kill me due to my high life/ES and all resistances at 75%.

"
retsnimle wrote:

They hit like a truck, so i wade in, nail em once or twice, then sprint away...this is where the problem comes in..I'm half a screen away when my health drops to near zero. not lag, desync I think.

Same happenes to me permanently while using whirling blades. I died today alone nearly 20 times. Oc i didnt manage to proceed in lvl (40 ->41). It was so less fun , that I even started Diablo 3 again (it still sucks). So here i am back again....hoping that there is a workaround soon....

Playing a squishy char is impossible with this desync.

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Aug 24, 2012, 6:12:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info