Why Diablo 3 is better than PoE.

"
rabidjoint wrote:
1. Graphics. Sorry guys, but you really need to update them, some people careless for them, but it really makes me feel like im playing Asheron's Call just clicking everywhere to move.

2. Skill System. Yeah its cool you get to find gems for your skills and level them up, but really? Atleast with D3 my skills are wtfpwnt when i start!

3. Quest Line. Lol, i just skipped it all (yes i know this account shows i dont have closed beta, but gotta love multiple emails) I just end up skipping it all, way too boring. I think i fell asleep at one point.

4. You guys are getting all the rejects from D3 and kids, THANK YOU! Enjoy them complaining about everything on these forums too and trying to turn the game into guess what? DIABLO!! haha =]

1. The graphics are in no way worse then D3's. Sorry to break it to you, but Diablo 3 doesn't have THAT great graphics. Also, in my opinion PoE has a much better art-style then D3, and feels more like the old Diablos in that regard.

2. PoE's skill system actually has some customization, instead of handing everything to you when the game wants you to have it like D3 does. Things aren't supposed to feel "wtfpwnt" in the start, that ruins some of the pacing of games and ultimately makes leveling more dull.

3. I haven't played the through the quest-line, but it can't in no way be worse then the quests, and the plot in D3. Which is literally shit on a golden platter, filled with warcraft-esque looking villains, who behave like they came from some kind of cartoon movie for 6 year olds.

4. Most of the "kids" playing Diablo 3, probably likes it as they see past the flaws and haven't played the earlier installments. So most of them will stay there.
"
Takahiro86 wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:
"
StonedOne wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY

PoE > D3

Wow, I...never thought D3 could be that bad... =\

Are those really the dialogues from the game, or is the video author just doing voice overs?

Cause of that i found something interesting like that
Diablo III Farmer makes 60 Million Gold an Hour and Tells All!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=8NUQTATy5dc

Funny to see how fast D3 goes to the Hell of Gold Bot infestation^^

I saw that, too. That actually scared the crap out of me, in regards to PoE. I know Chris said they'll aggressively fight against bots, and I think the numbers are really going to be on PoE's side. It's much more tempting to bot in a game with 10 million players, than a game with 100 thousand players.

Still, if someone decides to bot for orbs of alcs, and the prices of everything skyrockets relative to alcs, I'll be ruined (financially...in the game). =S
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
"
Charan wrote:
"
Antilurker77 wrote:
Not sure how PoE is any different. There wont be many places you can farm for maps and the maps themselves are just reskins of other areas.

1) Maps can drop anywhere in Merciless act 2. I've found a few idly hunting the Fellshrine Ruins.

2) Maps are far more than 'reskins' of other areas, as the dev diary makes very, very clear.

So, no.

1) Ancient Pyramid and Felshrine ruins are the only places worth farming for maps. The rest of Act 2 will have less map drops and shouldn't be bothered with.

2) How are they not reskins? They are all reused areas from different parts of the game, just with different textures.
Keyblades!
Last edited by Antilurker77 on Aug 7, 2012, 9:46:42 PM
"
Antilurker77 wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
"
Antilurker77 wrote:
Not sure how PoE is any different. There wont be many places you can farm for maps and the maps themselves are just reskins of other areas.

1) Maps can drop anywhere in Merciless act 2. I've found a few idly hunting the Fellshrine Ruins.

2) Maps are far more than 'reskins' of other areas, as the dev diary makes very, very clear.

So, no.

1) Ancient Pyramid and Felshrine ruins are the only places worth farming for maps. The rest of Act 2 will have less map drops and shouldn't be bothered with.

2) How are they not reskins? They are all reused areas from different parts of the game, just with different textures.

1) Fellshrine's an easy farm anyway. Also, maps drop within maps.

2)I told you how: the dev diary about Maps and how they work, and implicitly how they're so much more than mere reskins. Read it.

Feel free to respond but I've been as clear and direct as I'll ever be. Learn or don't. Not my problem.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
Antilurker77 wrote:

1) Fellshrine's an easy farm anyway. Also, maps drop within maps.

2)I told you how: the dev diary about Maps and how they work, and implicitly how they're so much more than mere reskins. Read it.

Feel free to respond but I've been as clear and direct as I'll ever be. Learn or don't. Not my problem.

If you're talking about map mods, that's not what I meant. I was talking about the aesthetics and terrain itself. It's mostly reused.
Keyblades!
LOL!!!!! Just read through alot of the complaints on this discussion and they boil down to one simple phrase....

"Make PoE easier, D3 is better cause i own from the start and it is easy"

What a waste of time. Get good or go play hello kitty online. PoE is great and obviously takes some skill to play and if you can not handle it then stick to easy mode games.
"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about" - Derek Bok

http://emberadventurersclub.enjin.com/profile/2898733
You know this suddenly struck me. I think the OP's point was to get a rile out of the ppl here. Its a common way to get attention. Ignoring this thread will actually send a better message than reacting to it.
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
Diablo 2 maybe, But D3? Now that is laughable.
"
Fartfinder wrote:
You know this suddenly struck me. I think the OP's point was to get a rile out of the ppl here. Its a common way to get attention. Ignoring this thread will actually send a better message than reacting to it.

I mentioned this on Page 1, to no avail.
It should be mandatory for players to have a high level character (88+) and have done the highest level content before they are allowed to post comments about end-game content, end-game balance, and what's "OP"
"
Fartfinder wrote:

That could probably be, but now imagine that everyday 5 of those threads would be made in the "non off-topic" sections? Pretty damn annyoing right?

Well guess what, that's actually what's happening in the D3 forums. And the worst part is that these idiots brag here about how they got banned for spamming about PoE in the D3 forums... and the community just pats there back and says "well done".. even the mods encourage such a behaviour in some manner.

I mean come on, everybody knows about D3 AND PoE sooo, let the people decide for themselves what they want to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info