Darkspore.... Dark BORE?

if anyone has questions ask away :)
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
Very cool. I get the impression that there was only a small amount of the overall final content included (in terms of skills). I know in their videos and interviews they really emphasized the combo potential of mixing and matching your different creatures and their skills. Did you get a feel for that?
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Very cool. I get the impression that there was only a small amount of the overall final content included (in terms of skills). I know in their videos and interviews they really emphasized the combo potential of mixing and matching your different creatures and their skills. Did you get a feel for that?

in party yes this is very fun confusion; stun links are very fun its give you the ability to screw up npc's at times but im getting the feeling more and more that this is primarily a multiplayer game
I had a question:

I read that there are over 100 heroes to collect in this game. That tells me a few things, that are probably right.

a. The differences between the majority of heroes cannot be significant, possibly only in the way they look.
b. Skills must be few and far between for each individual hero. Hard to believe that each hero has more than 3 "unique" skills.
c. Will be difficult to become attatched in any way to any particular hero (this worries me).

Those guess's about right?
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
c. Will be difficult to become attatched in any way to any particular hero (this worries me).

I don't know about that. People can get attached to just about anything. From pokemon to D2 mercenaries to companion cubes.
Forum Sheriff
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I had a question:

I read that there are over 100 heroes to collect in this game. That tells me a few things, that are probably right.

a. The differences between the majority of heroes cannot be significant, possibly only in the way they look.
b. Skills must be few and far between for each individual hero. Hard to believe that each hero has more than 3 "unique" skills.

Those guess's about right?

a. very true most a grip are the same class but differant looks as far as skins

b.Yes, again the customization in this game is very limited. I loved how everyone atticipated this game to have a ton of customization options. But to this point i'm not impressed with this in darkspore. I didnt level very far in; I was trying out differant characters. I can tell you a good amount of the skills to this point are reprogrammed to look like new skills but they arent. It's just alot of the same for darkspore at the moment

c. I see it difficult to be attached to anything in this game yes the loot is a good aspect but as far as story, skills, customization its crap. I think that if maxis and ea do work on the customization it will lead to the downfall. No one wants to play a game thats this "customizable" this is just a blackhole reminds me of the game 'all points bulletin' its gonna be a trainwreck of a game at any aspect...
so we are back in session for closed beta this weekend ill post updates when im done playing :D
here is a link featuring some of the skills in action http://www.helpedna.com/epilogue_puzzles.html
i just got a second key... If someone wants to try it out here it is:

Edit: Key is in use already

=> first come, first served ;)

And here a little explanation how it works:
1. Go to beta.darkspore.com
2. Log in with your existing EA Account (or create a new one) and follow the registration steps
3. Download the installer, launch it, and follow the steps. That's it!
I'd try to make the account but I'm too lazy considering the chances are that someone already did it.

Edit:
I lied. It was too tempting and it worked!! Thank you Rhesos!!

Edit2:
Just to make sure, any characters made in the closed beta are wiped for the final release right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info