Darkspore.... Dark BORE?

I find it strange that people complain about kill X quests in these types of games, since that' usually the entirety of the game - find some monsters, kill them.
People are quite happy to mindlessly kill the same monsters over and over, unless they get a quest that tells them to. You're going to kill the monsters anyway, so what difference does it make if there's a quest involved or not?

Maybe it's just that I'm the only wierdo who insists on killing every single monster anyway.
"
Maybe it's just that I'm the only wierdo who insists on killing every single monster anyway.

I usually do that as well, but you do not get receive the usual incentives, for instance the system for 'experience' is far different from the way games typically deal it out... And the items that are dropped are few and far between and those that do are not the greatest, there are no (at least as far as I could tell) magic/rare/unique items or anything like that, they just increase and decrease stats without explanation... Just this is a level 11 dexterity claw, which is better than a level 9 dexterity claw.
I would have liked to have a singular character that their DNA adapted to the situation i don't feel as much of a attachment as i did in spore.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Septile wrote:
"
Hartbrot wrote:
Character development feels really boring and the huge amount of randomly interchangeble heroes is just not my cup of coffee. It's like: "Ah i unlocked a bunch of heroes i can add to my 19 heroes i already have. Which one to play? Wait i just have to read the description of every hero i already own to decide. Plus i have to evaluate which items i own, and which char can use which item. May take a few hours but the game is repetetive anyways..."

You're eased into it. If you feel overwhelmed you probably have ADHD or some form of mental retardation.

You are calling me a retard? Ah well, here we are. Flaming trolls at public forums. Man you gotta have major balls in real life. Congratulations on outing yourself as a flaming troll before beta even started.
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
don't let him get to you. He's just extremely blunt in his answers.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
I just used this key:

7LKE-JCGM-FURZ-YH9S

I wanted to send a thanks to eversorgod, I've been curious about this game and was hoping to give it a try. Thanks!

I'm downloading it right now. After I play it I'll post a response.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
So I've been playing for a while and it's pretty fun. There's tons of loot, the UI is clean (for the most part, I had one little hick up where I had to restart the game because it wouldn't let me start a mission because apparently I was in the wrong lobby even though I was in the appropriate one), and it's very much co-op focused. I played a little bit on my own but it was significantly more difficult than running with a crew.

It's kinda a little more beginner focused (gives everyone health/energy when picked up, and it auto rolls the loot, etc.) which is okay, just not my personal favorite.

Overall, I'd rate it probably about a 7.9/10. My only one concern is that after playing for a bit, I wonder how much replay value it will have. Other than that, it looks like it's gonna be a fun game to help hold me over till the open beta for PoE. It's definitely no PoE, but then again, I wasn't expecting it to be.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info