[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

Just some statistics to compare how this spork shadow build in this one week turbo HC race did as compared to my dagger shadow build in the previous one week normal HC race.

As I expected, a caster shadow did much better than a melee shadow in terms of speed-levelling, but the discrepancy was more than I expected, especially considering that my Spork shadow was racing in a Turbo race where mobs were much tougher and scarier, requiring much more caution when playing.

However, according to the graphs, the dagger shadow only started to speed up in Merci whereas the spork shadow's levelling speed was starting to tail. It's just a pity that I didn't manage to get the spork shadow to Level 70 which would have provided a far fairer comparison as to whether the dagger shadow was catching up.

However, the early levelling speed is indeed remarkable! The fact that the Spork Shadow reached level 60 within 21 hours of gameplay is definitely one of the fastest/highest amongst all of the week-long HC races, which weren't turbo even. This can possibly be attributed to a few things:
1. The strength of Spork, especially in popular grinding areas such as Ledge which suits it very well, and because I did indeed grind at ledge till Level 60 to farm for gear.
2. I was partying with Grindis from Cruel Act2 onwards all the way to level 56 and under the new party exp formula.

I might actually have a go at trying to write a Spork Shadow guide over the weekend now that I have some time :)

Edit: Statistics courtesy of Http://www.poestatistics.com
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Nov 16, 2012, 10:27:59 AM
Invalesco, seriously have to grats you on an amazing build for shadow mate. I will be running a shadow myself at some point and I can think of no more fun way to play! Do not let wanna-be envious people that try and troll ever get in your way bud. You've created an amazing insight to this class on these forums and it should always be remembered that way heh. GL in the future and happy hunting.
Too bad your Spork died Inva, the build seems to be fast and save from what I have heard and seen so far.

But for a fair comparison you need to test both builds in the same environment, I wouldn't draw conclusions from the given graphs. Turbo leagues may even be good for sporks because mobs clump together faster and only a couple of monsters are much more dangerous than in normal.

And not to take credit from Inva, but it's not like he invented this kind of build.
Would still be very cool if you made another guide so that we have a gathering place for all questions about the coming favorite of the month :-P
ty Vash! feel free to ask if you've any questions regarding the build :)

and vict! yeah it's a pity, was all set to place first as well. :( and you're right on both counts, mobs might actually clump together more in turbo, not that I was paying much attention to them, I think the whole race I was staring at my HP/ES Pool 80% of the time! and ya there definitely have been others who have made CI dagger builds as well, but at least I brought some glamour to it hehe.

Definitely looking forward to races much more than before!
Build of the Week 14
I was actually referring to spork, but I guess it could be applied to your daggerbuild as well :P.

And it's actually both honourable and important that somebody takes the effort and creates guides for public use because it improves communication between players and immersion into the game by so much, thus keeping the playerbase healthy for a longer time.

Yes, I should really start writing my Feedback / Guide on DW Claw-Shadows. If only I had time :-/.
yup both, and thanks haha

and yes I think you should :p
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:

I might actually have a go at trying to write a Spork Shadow guide over the weekend now that I have some time :)

That would be awesome!
Last edited by spiritplx on Nov 16, 2012, 9:45:42 PM
Im really sorry if this has been asked before, i couldnt find a function to search through this thread by a specific keyword.

My quesion is : Why dont you use the "Weapon Elemental Damage" to support LS ? For me, it adds tons of Damage to LS. Of course, i do not have the gear you have etc. etc., so i simply dont know if it doesnt add that much damage anymore in high end gear ? But for me, it adds about 1.5k DPS and i only have like 4.6k DPS on my LS.
My weapon has 0 elemental Damage on it. Only physical.
"
diktaturr194 wrote:
Im really sorry if this has been asked before, i couldnt find a function to search through this thread by a specific keyword.

My quesion is : Why dont you use the "Weapon Elemental Damage" to support LS ? For me, it adds tons of Damage to LS. Of course, i do not have the gear you have etc. etc., so i simply dont know if it doesnt add that much damage anymore in high end gear ? But for me, it adds about 1.5k DPS and i only have like 4.6k DPS on my LS.
My weapon has 0 elemental Damage on it. Only physical.

Heya! Don't be sorry, feel free to ask whenever :)

Yup, Weapon Elemental Damage is the support gem that adds the most DPS to my LS as well, and I would love to use it, but unfortunately, it is tough to roll the required colours (2R,2G,2B or 2R,3G,1B) on a pure ES chestpiece so I settled on the colour combi I got (3G,1R,2B) which was tough enough to get as it was.

The other reason is that WED has a massive mana cost multiplier of 170% which would raise the mana cost of my LS massively, and after running 4 auras, I won't have enough mana to sustain the mana cost of LS. If you are able to support WED on LS though, that would of course be great!

Hope that helps! :)
Build of the Week 14
Yea well, i really thought so, rolling red sockets on ES armor really is so damn though.

Thanks for explaining ;) I guess ill just wait for a 5l or even 6l to drop somewhere and will decide what i link to LS then. Right now, im fine with my DPS on LS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info