[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
mastroflip wrote:
Hi everyone, not sure if I should post this here but I'm using this build (even tho its not suggested for first characters) and I need to ask you guys some questions.

I'm currently lvl 47 and I find my LS damage a bit low. Im using a 14-57 dps sword with 1.95 attack speed and my LS's damage sits at 367 without buffs nor frenzy charges. Considering I only got a few points in crit chance and crit multiplier I was thinking about switching to daggers later, since I haven't find any good ones yet. As support gems for my LS im using faster attack speed, mana leech and LMP. It burns a sh*tload of mana and thats another problem but I still find the damage pretty low.

TL;DR LS damage is quite low (imho) shall I get some STR passive points? Shall I change support gems, if yes which ones? Shall I get a dagger by all means to get the crit chance and multiplier even if it means losing on-paper damage and attack speed ?

Other question: shall I focus on getting ONLY ES gear or you need some armor / evasion to make this build work? I have troubles understanding which is the correct balancing in defensive stats.

Final question: Clarity is worth using? Currently using it but I don't understand when is it profitable in terms of mana reserved vs mana regen. (I stopped leveling it past lvl 4 since I heard it would become mana angry, not sure if I shall level it up now that I'm lvl 47)

Thanks to those who will care answering and kudos to Invalesco for the detailed informations and the build concept, have a good day everyone.

Drop the Faster Attacks on your LS, that will lower the mana cost significantly and if you're going OOM spamming it, spamming it slowly for longer will result in more DPS over a period of time.

Use the best weapons you have, don't use a dagger just because it says so, if you haven't specced into lots of dagger specific points then don't feel obligated too use one.

Strength is only needed too keep your red gems level, if you ain't gapped dont get strength.

Clarity is always a weird one, because it requires a lot of mana reserved and if you're turning through your mana fast your see little benefit of it, because the amount of time your OOM is so small that you can't regen much through clarity, often people stop leveling their clarity at level 3 for this very reason, it reserves a fair chunk of mana but still gives you mana back.
IGN: TP_Dat_Rock

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843358
"
Dustbinlid wrote:

Drop the Faster Attacks on your LS, that will lower the mana cost significantly and if you're going OOM spamming it, spamming it slowly for longer will result in more DPS over a period of time.

Solid point, i'll try with just LMP and mana leech.

"
Dustbinlid wrote:
Clarity is always a weird one, because it requires a lot of mana reserved and if you're turning through your mana fast your see little benefit of it, because the amount of time your OOM is so small that you can't regen much through clarity, often people stop leveling their clarity at level 3 for this very reason, it reserves a fair chunk of mana but still gives you mana back.

I get it but I still find this Clarity thing pretty dumb tbh. An aura which is meant to help mana issues cuts half of your mana away, really?

Thanks for the answers tho ;)
I'm lvl 62 in HC and need gear to respec into CI, i'm trying to farm Fellshrine Mercyless but still nothing found..Should i buy them instead? Anyone who sells good gear for this build?
"
I'm lvl 62 in HC and need gear to respec into CI, i'm trying to farm Fellshrine Mercyless but still nothing found..Should i buy them instead? Anyone who sells good gear for this build?

Try to buy new gear its a lot faster. try poexplorer.com or http://poe.xyz.is

there you can find upgrades very easy, in case you have saved some currency

good luck
Hmm, Would it be viable to dual wield instead and pick up the dual wield nodes in softcore?
or are shields just *that* good:o
Ign: Elestrasza(Anarchy)/YoloSparkler(Standard)
Last edited by Elestrasza on Apr 30, 2013, 10:19:17 PM
In the process of remaking my crit dagger shadow from CB. Currently level 48 but taking my time. Pretty excited to try out some of the new melee support gems =D.
HCSSFBTW
"
Hmm, Would it be viable to dual wield instead and pick up the dual wield nodes in softcore?
or are shields just *that* good :o

In HC obviously DW is a no-no, but in SC I think it works well. It pretty much comes down to do you want more ES/Defense or more DPS (and indirectly a bit of survivability because you leech more.)

I'm running DW daggers in SC atm, it's pretty fun and Dual Strike is a ton of DPS (especially because you get crit chance from quality like Flicker Strike.) I do occasionally have to swap to shield/Double Strike occasionally for really hard maps, so it's always good to keep that as a backup option.
@__Alyptic ► [Lvl77 Low-Life Triple Spork Totem Witch] (Anarchy)
@Stringendo ► [Lvl85 CI Crit Dagger Shadow] (Standard)
Standard Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/386020
Anarchy Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/483003
"
In the process of remaking my crit dagger shadow from CB. Currently level 48 but taking my time. Pretty excited to try out some of the new melee support gems =D.

I dont use the new support gems.

Since the LS+multistrike "fix", there's no real point using this gem for this build.

FS+multistrike might be fun for a while, but desynchs make this combo pretty dangerous.
IGN: Cyanyx
"

wb ryyyder! was wondering if you'd show up again :p
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
"

wb ryyyder! was wondering if you'd show up again :p

Thanks Inva! I'm taking my sweet time because I don't know which mobs are terror in A3 just yet. I just got into A1 Merci last night. Hopefully I can get to Fellshrine tonight and just reeeeelax and kill some zombros for a while =P!
HCSSFBTW

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info