[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

Hey, i'm currently level 40 and using this build. I'm just wondering if there's anything i should do with my current gear :)

When i hit 41 i'm planning on using

And if it's relevant, here's the potions i use:

It's just that this is my first character to reach a level higher than 20, so i'm just a bit worried i might be doing something wrong.

I use whirling blades for my aoe ability if the mobs are lighting resistant or if there's a lot of mobs, as i'm really squishy.

I use both Grace and Wrath.
Last edited by ThaKeeper on Apr 27, 2013, 10:31:41 AM
Looks like a useful guide, will read it later, dont have time atm. Bookmark!
CROATIA (GMT +1 - CET)
ING: Zoki_ZG_
►► Gear shop @ view-thread/389500
►► Jewellery shop @ view-thread/708485
Is Alpha's Howl really worth it?

Im using Maligaro's Gloves and Sin Trek Boots both of them have Evasion, the Frozen Bonus i also can get from Dream Fragments.

if i take Alphs's aswell my ES Drops Down another 1.5k is it worth it?

thx Scretch

Last edited by Scr4tch on Apr 29, 2013, 9:58:47 AM
More self-advertisement ftw - selling this insane neck over here - seems pretty much made for this build

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/359674
IGN Kerkeyon
I am currently at level 52 and is currently farming warehouse and marketplace

my base es from equipment is 365 + 85 ES from Discipline
Int is at 152
All my gears are self found

my ES with discipline is at 1082

could anyone verify if the below formula is correct

Base ES (gear+discipline) * (1+ passive skills ES multiplier) * (1+ Int ES multiplier)
currently

(365+85) * (1+0.85) * (1+0.3) ~= 1082

If i switched to CI now

(365+85) * (1+1.79) * (1+0.3) ~= 1632

Is so far off from target 3K ES
Is it possible to farm gears in warehouse and marketplace?

I need to double my current base ES from gears
or should i postpone my CI upgrade till i get the right gears?

lots of people use maligaros, but i find these gloves alot better. i have higher dps and the accuracy helps alot to balance the gear (people usually want accuracy on ring so this leaves room to maneuver)

anyone who is interested can pm me, i am selling my gear
ign: YongSook
"
Scr4tch wrote:

Im using Maligaro's Gloves and Sin Trek Boots both of them have Evasion, the Frozen Bonus i also can get from Dream Fragments.

can someone tell me if Alpha's really that good?
"
Scr4tch wrote:
"
Scr4tch wrote:

can someone tell me if Alpha's really that good?

I'll answer because it sounds like you ain't gonna stop until you get an answer. Okie:

"The other thing that I often read and feel needs to be mentioned is peoples belief in the importance of Dream Fragments and the immune to stun neck. Both of which cost a lot. I strongly advise against getting either of these items, the neck in particular, until you have got at least 5K ES and capped resists. Within the guide itself it even lists them as being situational, don't waste all your money on a Dream Fragments, spend it on a ES shield. The ability to remove Freeze can easily be achieved with the use of Flasks, both Granite and Mana. Personally I used 2 Flasks "of Heat" until I had my own Dream Fragments and while DF is better, it should not be held in such high regard, it is a luxury at best and what is far more important is obtaining a good ES Shield."

That's a quote from the guide itself, if your a clever boy your be able too relate it too Alpha's Howl. But for safety I'm gonna assume you're not a clever boy and I'll explain it for you.

Alpha's Howl is an expensive luxury item that should not be considered a pre-requisite for this build, it is however very good and should be considered at some point, however I doubt you'd be asking if you were at that point. Simple put, I could by myself a BMW and drive there, or I could save some money and just walk.
IGN: TP_Dat_Rock

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843358
"
muggedshot wrote:
I am currently at level 52 and is currently farming warehouse and marketplace

my base es from equipment is 365 + 85 ES from Discipline
Int is at 152
All my gears are self found

my ES with discipline is at 1082

could anyone verify if the below formula is correct

Base ES (gear+discipline) * (1+ passive skills ES multiplier) * (1+ Int ES multiplier)
currently

(365+85) * (1+0.85) * (1+0.3) ~= 1082

If i switched to CI now

(365+85) * (1+1.79) * (1+0.3) ~= 1632

Technically yes, however I often find odd things happen when working from a scratch stats formula, aka one worked out from gear+int multipliers+additional multipliers etc.

The "simplest" way of making a calculation of your ES multiplier is just to equip/unequip gear and work out the multiplier like that, that's how I do it myself. The reason I suggest that over working it out from scratch is that it reduces the amount of human error of you sitting there working it out from counting your talent points and I'm not 100% sure exactly how gear additions work, such as a neck with +X% ES. I won't go too into it because you sound like smart guy that who's his maths.

But yes on paper that is (too my knowledge) how it works and your estimates should be accurate.

As for the amount you should have before swapping too CI, 3K is probably a good bet, anything between 2.5K is gonna be bad times.
IGN: TP_Dat_Rock

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843358
Hi everyone, not sure if I should post this here but I'm using this build (even tho its not suggested for first characters) and I need to ask you guys some questions.

I'm currently lvl 47 and I find my LS damage a bit low. Im using a 14-57 dps sword with 1.95 attack speed and my LS's damage sits at 367 without buffs nor frenzy charges. Considering I only got a few points in crit chance and crit multiplier I was thinking about switching to daggers later, since I haven't find any good ones yet. As support gems for my LS im using faster attack speed, mana leech and LMP. It burns a sh*tload of mana and thats another problem but I still find the damage pretty low.

TL;DR LS damage is quite low (imho) shall I get some STR passive points? Shall I change support gems, if yes which ones? Shall I get a dagger by all means to get the crit chance and multiplier even if it means losing on-paper damage and attack speed ?

Other question: shall I focus on getting ONLY ES gear or you need some armor / evasion to make this build work? I have troubles understanding which is the correct balancing in defensive stats.

Final question: Clarity is worth using? Currently using it but I don't understand when is it profitable in terms of mana reserved vs mana regen. (I stopped leveling it past lvl 4 since I heard it would become mana angry, not sure if I shall level it up now that I'm lvl 47)

Thanks to those who will care answering and kudos to Invalesco for the detailed informations and the build concept, have a good day everyone.
Last edited by mastroflip on Apr 30, 2013, 7:00:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info