0.11.0e Patch Notes

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
The 25 thing is even good for legit new accounts.

For a new player, getting twinked by your buddy ruins the fun of finding item on your own.

Edit: Actually they can still drop items for you, this doesn't change anything then.

You can't do drop trade either.
Items aren't effected, it's currency only; even the drop part isn't necessary.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
The 25 thing is even good for legit new accounts.

For a new player, getting twinked by your buddy ruins the fun of finding item on your own.

Edit: Actually they can still drop items for you, this doesn't change anything then.

You can't do drop trade either.

From the notes, it looks like non-25 accounts can pick up stuff other people drop.

And this is only for currency, in any case.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
Psyborg wrote:

But it will affect new players, esp groups of new players. "Hey Im out of wisdom scrolls" "thats cool i have 10 Ill give you a few" "oh wait..."

I know it sounds really insiginificant, but it could turn people away. People, even the most hc of hc gamers, lose interest in a game theyve played for a long time. PoE needs a steady influx of new players.

Edit: my bad, missed a sentence in there about wis/ports, GGG always thinks of the little things! But I do still feel like there might be other occasions where this would punish new legit players.

Yes ,it will slow down a legit player too, but only for the first 25 levels of his first character. I think every new player can say "i'm ok with that" if GGG also creates a nice "excuse" message on each new player who is trying to trade. That way new players will get why this helps and is a good trade-off for the game's economy!

So, GGG think about adding a message to new accounts! In case you didn't already!Players love good and honest explanation and you are the best company for that!
i imagine all the rmters that dont put forth the effort to lvl a char to 25 will give up or all their previous acc will be banned in 3-6mnths. great work ggg!

fly like an eagle sting like a bee!
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
This is one of the reasons I will play this game as long as it lasts.

"
Chris wrote:
You may claim it's impossible to destroy RMT, but we see clear improvements with each change we make. It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.
"
Chris wrote:
These changes will have the effects that we want because we are doing an awful lot of other stuff to go with it. You may claim it's impossible to destroy RMT, but we see clear improvements with each change we make. It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Damn, I almost just stood up at work for a LOTR-style battle cry after reading that. I have to say, it is awesome that such a stance is being taken on this issue. Even with my small concerns, thank you all for valuing the integrity of PoE so strongly!
How does this work for party races?
IGN TDA
"
TDA wrote:
How does this work for party races?

If you have at least one 25 level character in your account,in any league, it won't affect you at all.
"
Chris wrote:
It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Then you're a bigger fool then I thought you were. It is literally impossible for you to stop it. Ever. It always amazes me how stuck in the past you are, but making an insane statement like that is mind blowing. Its really saddening that you have such a lack of understanding of how and why RMT happens.

The audacity/ignorance that you think you're going to show up over a decade after something has started and do what no company has ever really done...wow. Stop wasting time on pointless things that have no real effect on your game and fix/balance something.
Hell Yeah!!! F**** RMT. Good works, Chris.
Last edited by fatmechanic on Jun 14, 2013, 3:05:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info