New Video: Dyadus Detonate Dead [The Dyadus Thread]

been running a scion with a dyadus and tri elemental off hand (until i get my second dyadus)

focus is elemental nodes and attack speed where possible (take both the 30% fire increase and 30% cold increase nodes).. and blood magic on a 6L so i can run wrath, anger, and haste (or grace if its a tough map). Definitely run resolute techniques unless u wanna blow up on an elemental reflect mob when u crit.

so far its pretty spectacular even with mediocre gear elsewhere. Got my hands on a Taming, and son of a beeeetch it gets strong (though the damage increase doesnt show up in the tooltip dps).

The main skill i use is infernal blow.. its just.. insane, and the damage effectiveness of 125% boosts everything nicely. Once i get a second dyadus the plan is to run dual strike splash so single targets die faster if no mobs are around to explode.

got a few dual wield block nodes, but nothing crazy.. just gotta make sure u really top end on life. im at 3500 or so (alpha howl and taming dont have health so u gotta really get high health on ur second ring, neck, belt, boots, and gloves.

Love the axe, want another. :)
"
CUlt666 wrote:
That axe seems to be really over powered.

"
Malone wrote:
it will be nerfed like all other powerfull unique, just a question of time... If you want one, buy one quickly so it will become legacy.

Are you guys joking?

it does 1 high elemental damage depending on which hand you use, its slow and rare (which means its also expensive, so its really hard to get 2 of them)

Its a good axe but its likely not going to get nerfed because it is not OP.

They only nerf unqiues that are completely best in slot for a lot of builds, Shavs and Kaoms are good examples, any build that uses spells and ES was using a shavs(or tried to get one) and every build that used life wanted a kaoms, thats what they want to avoid.

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Nov 11, 2013, 7:53:35 PM
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Nov 12, 2013, 3:36:42 AM
Got 2 of them,now need to get my hands on 2 Tamings
I'd LOVE to try these out with a nice build but I doubt I'll ever get my hands on one of these, let alone two.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
The axe is a major let down for hardcore players.

No way in hell you dual wield against nemesis mods and the changes to auras. And thats the exact reason why the axes honestly is complete junk. Since the top end attack speed is 1.5 while the one of a Rapiers is over 2 that simply makes it inferior.

Sure, on a piece of paper it will say that Dyadus most likely has higher Elemental DPS, but thats only because you didnt add gems and support yet. The problem is that Multistrike, Faster Attacks and all speed bonuses scale with the weapon's attack speed. So when you gain 200% from various sources your Rapier will end up attacking way more often and therefore having a higher chance at proccing ailments.

I wanted to use this axe, but in calculations it turned out that it simply is inferior to Rapiers and even Daggers. Attack Speed is key for elemental damage and thats something this unique lacks. So unless you play Default/Domination it simply doesnt compare to real endgame weapons and I honestly doubt that it would even if you dual wield them since the cold damage on your items usually is enough to chill stuff efficiently later on.
Last edited by nynyny on Nov 15, 2013, 6:41:13 AM
their price is every day lower, for a good reason.
IGN TylordRampage
So how about shield charge + burn/shock?

quick build example

would use: shield charge - wed - fire pen - smash - prolif - blood magic

lightning warp - reduced duration - prolif - blood magic

anger, wrath, determination as auras

shield charge in (at max distance and get the bonus more damage) and lightning warp out to set up the next charge. stacking aoe (q smash, passive nodes) will synergize well with ele prolif and thus the taming will be great with it.

single target could be a problem, but I suppose another 4L attack could handle that (heavy strike - wed - x -x)

also, if I am not mistaken, as it levels, shield charge gains % dmg and not %physical damage. same on quality of the gem
Ign: Ohjeahx
Last edited by Ohjeah on Nov 15, 2013, 7:38:27 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
The axe is a major let down for hardcore players.

No way in hell you dual wield against nemesis mods and the changes to auras. And thats the exact reason why the axes honestly is complete junk. Since the top end attack speed is 1.5 while the one of a Rapiers is over 2 that simply makes it inferior.

Sure, on a piece of paper it will say that Dyadus most likely has higher Elemental DPS, but thats only because you didnt add gems and support yet. The problem is that Multistrike, Faster Attacks and all speed bonuses scale with the weapon's attack speed. So when you gain 200% from various sources your Rapier will end up attacking way more often and therefore having a higher chance at proccing ailments.

I wanted to use this axe, but in calculations it turned out that it simply is inferior to Rapiers and even Daggers. Attack Speed is key for elemental damage and thats something this unique lacks. So unless you play Default/Domination it simply doesnt compare to real endgame weapons and I honestly doubt that it would even if you dual wield them since the cold damage on your items usually is enough to chill stuff efficiently later on.

you're 100% right. this item is definitely not supposed to be BIS for cookie cutter ele melee and the low attack speed was designed specifically for that. GGG would never allow BIS anyway.

instead, i've replaced attack speed with chance to ignite and burn. in fact, in a prior iteration, the burn damage was actually 100%. GGG indicated that it was simply too powerful and brought it down to 30%. i had to convince them that 40% was ok given Searing Touch is 70%. anyway, those changes may or may not suit your build, but i'm hoping to see if someone can / will come up with a build to exploit that.
"
Ohjeah wrote:
snip

for my approach i would cast lightning warp in the opposite direction before charging, with arctic armor up so that it spreads the chill for the bonus.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Nov 15, 2013, 11:04:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info