Patch+Orb of Fusing chances ...

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Are we going to be getting a higher drop rate on Scrap's and Whetstone's? Without a very high drop rate on these using the 20% as a higher chance to get a 5L or 6L appears worthless.

No no no no, you are supposed to pick up every superior item and sell a bunch of them for scrap/whetstone.
Took me about 250 fuses and 1000 scraps to 5L an ilvl 79 Vaal Regalia.

There's definitely some sample bias in this thread as people are more likely to post if they get lucky on a 6L.
In d2 lenguaje:

Its funny .. this theme sounds like "ist" and "vex" rune stuff, to a sorceress whit "800" more "MF" .. obvious lvl 90 more .. kkk.
omg !!! CriticalForce is online .. ^^] Since 2000.
A good trade system its just a normal evolution of human in earth ... but "another people CAN play the old crap cards kinds of "lolsrpg", i dont care .. its the normal evolution. :)
by me !!!
Just for clarification.

"increase the chances of rolling more sockets/links"

I use a Orb of Fusing on a 6Socket 20% qual item with 4 Links:

a) Its a 20% chance to get a 5L?

b) The link roll is buffed by 20%, increased chance for all possibilities
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Just for clarification.

"increase the chances of rolling more sockets/links"

I use a Orb of Fusing on a 6Socket 20% qual item with 4 Links:

a) Its a 20% chance to get a 5L?

b) The link roll is buffed by 20%, increased chance for all possibilities

You do realize that it's impossible to increase the chance for all possibilities... right?

2 Jewelers to 6 socket.
6 fusings to 5 link.
No whetstones used.
Just now.

Praise the random number god!

[edit] An hour or two before this, I helped a newbie and gave him free gear (incl 5L bow). Karma at work.
Last edited by Herpy_Derpleson on Jun 16, 2013, 2:05:15 PM
I don't use any jewelers to get 6S items. I just hope that they drop. I've found a 6S axe that I wanted and now I'm hoping to find a 6S glorious/astral plate. I've had every other type of armor drop with 6S so it's just a matter of time. Gotta keep on grinding. Then the fusing hell starts.
Its all RNG.

I'm at 2.7K fusings (700) of which were 20%. To GGG, i say "FU"!

35+ 5Ls, 0 6L

so broke....
"
lordchopf wrote:
it would be really nice if ggg could just put out some freaking numbers... why does this have to be a secret?!

just say the chance for a 5l/6l quality and non quality are xx%

the way it is now just sounds like some scam like:

"you are more likely to roll red sockets on a character with allot of strength"
"you get more loot if you are able to kill allot of monsters in one blow"
"a "itemlevel 70" 66 map tend to hold more valuable modifiers than a "true" lv 66 map"

so what is the deal? do you intend do waste our scraps? well if so i can tell i will waste them even if i know the chances. i would however like to know the odds. right now i just throw another coin in the slot machine and now i have the opportunity to rub the damn thing 5 seconds "to increase my chances"...great.

Not disclosing the odds of success means you can change them whenever you like. Imagine the uproar if odds where stated, and players figured out the chance of success was decreased (I suppose an increase would result in complaints too) after some time.
King of Off Topic
crafting is still fucking bullshit. why is it even made if you cannot play the game its meant to be. over 400 jewbs used on this
fucking shitty chest. i got seven 5 sockets. that is. bs i say. all my currency gone again. back to farming docks. fuck yeah'! i even tried 5 linking it with 5 sockets - used about 80 fusings. nothing. i really like this game but the rng just fucks you in the face. gg
Last edited by isand on Jun 16, 2013, 7:39:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info