Patch+Orb of Fusing chances ...

It's scrap, my friend not scraf.

Getting 4L is easy, you shouldnt use the new feature. The new feature is supposed to lessen the total mouse clicks you need to...click? It is not in any way improves your overall chances, devs stated this before.
Last edited by y135lc on Jun 6, 2013, 4:33:56 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
the new feature sucks monkeyballs even for a 4l try you lose every scraf whetstone this is the biggest armor scarf whetstone sink ever

so annoying

40 scarf =1 alch so every 2nd attempt you lose an additional fusing

4L chance was OKish before the patch, so i would say you don't need the new method for it. I guess it is meant for 5L and 6L attempts.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
So who will sacrifice all his currency to find out if its worth it? :D

70 fuse + 280 scraps ( and around 50-60 jewelers for the sockets, didn't use scraps for them ). Would never of even attempted this prior to this new patch. Pretty happy for my 1st ever 6L.

Last edited by Bipolartuna on Jun 6, 2013, 5:32:29 AM
the new system is meant to be used for linking whites not rares, as upgrading a white item with armourer scraps raises quality by 5% so only 4 scraps are needed for each Jorb or fuse attempt. Overall the patch greatly improves crafting options, pretty sweet imo!
They said, you will have to pay the same for a 6Link as you have to do now .. so, if you needed x Fusings on average before, you will now need y Scraps and z Fusings on average, but they have roughly the same value in game. Not sure, if it is profitable to use this method for rare/unique stuff .. i guess, it might be worth is using on a white item and crafting the item after you 6linked it
"
Bipolartuna wrote:

70 fuse + 280 scraps ( and around 50-60 jewelers for the sockets, didn't use scraps for them ). Would never of even attempted this prior to this new patch. Pretty happy for my 1st ever 6L.

Congrats! That's still on the "very lucky side", though :)

Did you upgrade the item to exactly 20% quality each time before trying to fuse, or just "some quality". Because GGG was not explicit on this.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 6, 2013, 7:19:05 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Bipolartuna wrote:

Congrats! That's still on the "very lucky side", though :)

Did you upgrade the item to exactly 20% quality each time before trying to fuse, or just "some quality". Because GGG was not explicit on this.

I went to exactly 20% on each fuse try.

And yes, I do feel it was very lucky. It was also white when I did it.

"
thevdende wrote:
the new system is meant to be used for linking whites not rares, as upgrading a white item with armourer scraps raises quality by 5% so only 4 scraps are needed for each Jorb or fuse attempt. Overall the patch greatly improves crafting options, pretty sweet imo!

now think of the new currency item *mindblown*
"
Bipolartuna wrote:
It was also white when I did it.

So you rolled 92% spell damage and 14% cast speed from a white item?! How many chaos did that take?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info