5 curses and 3 totems and Elemental Equilibrium

"
rrtson wrote:

I value his opinion, as it highlights the absurdity of you responding to your own post in hopes of artificially bolstering your build's validity.

Seems like the only opinions no one's valuing are yours.

Thanks for your feedback and help with the game.

There was nothing artificial in the way I bumped my post. I thought it was odd i didn't get any responses at first since i hadn't seen a build like that and thought it would be good.

Your last sentence is conjecture and irrelevant.

Please stick to the main topic of the thread. If you want to make a separate thread in which to mock me, feel free to do so.
Honestly, with this idea, I'd go dual totems of different elements, dual curse, EE

You could use Elemental Weakness as a general curse, and maybe something defensive like Temporal Chains or Enfeeble just for rares/bosses.

You'd have to choose your spells such that you are pretty much guaranteed that the totems would be hitting the same mobs or EE will just end up reducing your damage. That pretty much means AoE-nova type spells. Your single target damage could be augmented by using something like bear trap ( I absolutely love Bear Trap -> Bear Trap -> Added Fire Damage -> Culling Strike, it gets nasty! ).
"
MBata wrote:
"
Durentis wrote:
Just took a very quick glance at the passive tree, but noticed you'd save some nodes from breaking out of the witch's starting area if you started as a Shadow since you almost reached the Shadow start.

Templar would work even better then, since i am practically there as well -- and the opening move is faster mana regen with access to survivability below the starting location.

Thanks for the tip!

Yup, didn't really travel that way when I looked as I was a bit biased from my plan with SM to be a right-tree multi-totem build enabler. Having the two other possible starting locations, I'd look to their surroundings for other benefits as well.

That aside, I realized that you're also close to Iron Grip. If the totems create projectiles, and you already have decent strength for the totems to begin with, why not pick up Iron Grip? Except that you'd need to use RATs.. burning/explosive arrow, lightning arrow, ice shot? (And I don't know if Iron Grip would apply to your totems, but it doesn't specify, so I assume so..)
Last edited by Durentis on May 1, 2013, 4:14:31 PM
"
andybmcc wrote:
Honestly, with this idea, I'd go dual totems of different elements, dual curse, EE

You could use Elemental Weakness as a general curse, and maybe something defensive like Temporal Chains or Enfeeble just for rares/bosses.

You'd have to choose your spells such that you are pretty much guaranteed that the totems would be hitting the same mobs or EE will just end up reducing your damage. That pretty much means AoE-nova type spells. Your single target damage could be augmented by using something like bear trap ( I absolutely love Bear Trap -> Bear Trap -> Added Fire Damage -> Culling Strike, it gets nasty! ).

Do you augment bear trap with any passives or just the support gems mentioned?
"
MBata wrote:

Do you augment bear trap with any passives or just the support gems mentioned?

If you're near the extra trap passive in the Shadow area, I'd grab that, but I wouldn't go out of the way. It hits like a truck regardless.

EDIT: May also want to consider Vulnerability if you go that route. It's really only viable to dual/tri curse bosses, unless you're a pure summoner.
Last edited by andybmcc on May 1, 2013, 4:11:38 PM
"
Durentis wrote:

That aside, I realized that you're also close to Iron Grip. If the totems create projectiles, and you already have decent strength for the totems to begin with, why not pick up Iron Grip? Except that you'd need to use RATs.. burning/explosive arrow, lightning arrow, ice shot? (And I don't know if Iron Grip would apply to your totems, but it doesn't specify, so I assume so..)

RAT requires either wand/shield or BOW right? The BOW would allow for the elemental arrow attacks. Are they much better than the options available using a wand -- if you add in the added safety of the shield.
"
MBata wrote:
"
Durentis wrote:

RAT requires either wand/shield or BOW right? The BOW would allow for the elemental arrow attacks. Are they much better than the options available using a wand -- if you add in the added safety of the shield.

I really don't know.. but if you're getting more +elemental than +spell it's at least an option to consider. All theory when I can't test things practically.. just something else to ponder. I like that SM is so flexible - even more so than I initially thought.
"
Durentis wrote:
"
MBata wrote:
"
Durentis wrote:

I really don't know.. but if you're getting more +elemental than +spell it's at least an option to consider. All theory when I can't test things practically.. just something else to ponder. I like that SM is so flexible - even more so than I initially thought.

I think i would like to try spell totems with some spells that don't get enough spell totem love: Arctic Breath, Arc, and Fireball. It's only 58 skill points for the base build as templar:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQRFR-QiMtEpT7iT7DiCm6cI6-4aONgkj0Yo-jbFHRTQ0ILHlSAfApitm6FBh1v0fq-eoZwt99d6uHYRr5uHZayYrpMUsG6qOjA_JzlS1BW8NyWvXAxObVgHp4SQVcAaWfNaKyyno_I=

Gear may cost me a bunch, but what the hell.

"
Drahken wrote:
I bet he meant to respond with an alt acct and fkd it up.

HA! - I bet you are right.

I wonder which one of these other comments in this thread is from his actual alt.

I can see this build being lulzy for one particular type:

Quill Rain Explosive Arrow RAT Templar

6L: EA - EProlif - RAT - Inc AOE - Conc Effect - Fire Pen
4L: Zombie - Minion Life - Minion Res - Spectres
4L: Fire Trap - Fire Pen - Conc Effect - Inc AOE
4L: Bear Trap - Bear Trap - Bear Trap - Added Fire

Primary curses would be:

Temp Chains
Flammability
EWeakness
Vulnerability
Enfeeble

If done right, I can see having RAT explode stuff stupidly hard while your minions tank. Bear and Fire trap being fire damage also means your curses work well when chained with them. Gives you nice AOE clear and 1v1 clearing.

IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info