Adding to the wiki

Thanks for hacking out all that spam, Silva!

Have we got any plugins to handle that yet? If not I'll look into that, and of course if people could start contributing it would be great.
We don't have any anti-spam plugins yet and I'm not sure how to get them. But I really am getting tired of having to delete "foot fetish phone line!!". Yes. That was one of them.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference.
Haha, I took a look at a couple of them and most of them didn't even make sense.

Anyways, here is some info you can use for now: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Anti-spam_features

I'm more than willing to help out with some of the administrative duties that need to happen for now.

What is everyone's opinions on wiki style, though? Basic white wiki look, or something more style to match the path of exile site colour scheme?
Last edited by izzalion on Jun 3, 2012, 10:58:46 PM
Awesome I how IAMacyborg can get right on that, so far I have made an FAQ page, listed all the bows, some of the passive skills, transfered the vendor recipes over from the forums, deleted spam, and kinda added the shadow class (:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference.
The wikia one was started buy a few of the guys here on the forum long before the beta started. It was shortly abandoned in favour of a new one at shoutwiki, because of how much wikia sucks.
It's still there though because you can't delete wikia wikis.

Unfortunately only a month or two later, shoutwiki went up in flames, their servers all crashed or something, and they have been missing in action ever since. It's a shame because we had begun building a pretty good category and template structure, and had some nifty CSS and tables and stuff. We didn't lose a whole lot of content though, since GGG didn't want us putting in any details.
Now that the beta forums are open to the public, they will probably be more lenient on that front.
Last edited by Malice on Jun 4, 2012, 3:16:22 AM
We've already received GGG's blessing to post at least as much information as there is on the forums. So there's that.
Izzalion is correct, I have gotten in contact with for Chris and Samantha, and they have both given me the okay to go ahead wiki the wiki edits. Ideally Samantha said that she wanted to see most of the tips from the forums transferred to the wiki. If you wan to help by all means we would love it (:
Good news to hear from IamCy and the once more confirmed permissions from Samantha too!

I'm also still there (or, lets say, back after some inactive time with main focus on beta testing) with my eyes on the wiki project.
I'll continue contributing minor additions and bugfixes to the english content and keep (slowly) progressing german translations, content etc. I just resumed after I got remembered a week ago ;)
[Main issue with the de.wiki-part: as the devs said to plan to let the translation be done by extern professionals, its not useful to invest that much time to preinvent all the names before they do it; letting only room to stay with the original names]

From my point, it was always somewhat slow to access the host, maybe it would be better to move it to somewhere else once the pages start to be used more frequently...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jun 4, 2012, 8:56:35 AM
Yeah if the traffic becomes more than the current server can handle we already have a guy who has said we could move the files over to his server for content hosting purposes so at the moment it's a non-issue (:

Thanks for all your work on the German part of the site! Awesome to see this get translated into other languages (:
I think its neccessary for spreading the game over the world, to make it as easiest as possible to understand its basics, rules and content! An in shape of a wiki like "ours", this is one of the best ways to do....

I also can put some basic information into the "big" wikipedia to link to our tiny sites, at least around the open beta date, to get more into the focus. ;)

One intention at my beginning, was to offer some cool name and description translation to be implemented later into the localisation ^^ but even if this wont happen, its a good way to keep the own interest on POE high, beside just playing it. (or, like at my start, even before being able to play) ;)

..it seems to me, we really will need some kind of spam protection, lots of crap begun going on, sadly...

invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info