Adding to the wiki

Even thought this game is only in beta I think it deserves a respectable wiki. When I went to look at the current wiki (http://pathofexile.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) I was saddened by the lack of accurate, and just overall, content and the horrible organization. Recently I have found myself with some extra free time on my hands and would love to help get this wiki back on track. Would anyone else like to help? And if you would like me to add a specific page just point me to information about said topic and I would be glad to help!

TL;DR: I need info on this game to add to the lame wiki so I can make it wonderful<3
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference.
I would like to help... should we use
http://pathofexile.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
or
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·-Characters-·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)
Alizah - Ranger - (Bow)
Zelkova - Duelist - (Sword+Shield)
(¯`·._.·---------------------------·._.·´¯)
As this game moves towards its soft release, I think a transition from the forum as the source of all game-related information to a wiki will be essential. I obviously cannot stress that enough.

You can find plenty of material to start with in the linkes to the left, of course. From there, look in the beta non-feedback board -- most of the stickied threads there need wikification. Then the skills feedback for all your gem-related info. Etc, etc. The forum knows just about everything about this game. The trick is learning the right questions to get the right answers.

I wish you the best of luck in this, because it's very important it gets done. I'm genuinely tired of referring people in-chat to some obscure thread that has crucial information. It works for a small, closed beta, but once Path of Exile went what I call 'ajar', it was very clear that some other repository for game data would be necessary.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Wow, I hadn't heard of the second one before! So, most definitaly that one because the wikia one is (sadly) garbage..

Edit: Also thanks for the reply Charan I shall probably start on the stickied threads
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference.
Last edited by Silva on May 30, 2012, 6:09:57 PM
I made a simple Wiki logo.. but I have NO idea how to change it :/
http://pool.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/File:Wiki.png
(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·-Characters-·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)
Alizah - Ranger - (Bow)
Zelkova - Duelist - (Sword+Shield)
(¯`·._.·---------------------------·._.·´¯)
I'm not sure on the logo either, but I have been working on the passive skill page(s) already! If you could look them over that would be fantastic, and make sure I'm using the word "effect" right. (Can't decide between effect or affect.. Pretty sure it is the former however.)
You're using effect correctly.

• Things have an effect.
• Things are affected (usually by an effect).

I think having most of the passive skills located on the same page would be better than having each on a separate page. Some of the more complex passives could be elaborated on separate pages.
Last edited by izzalion on May 31, 2012, 10:55:46 AM
Sounds like a wonderful idea.
Best of luck and thank you.
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
Okay the basic passives i will re-format onto one page, but the less basic ones will get their own pages.

Also the wiki I am currently editing seems to be dead because the administrator is never on or active, a few people and I are considering starting from scratch with a mediawiki but we would need some place to host it..
I'm fairly busy with this, that and the other, but I'm happy to lend my meager skills as a proof-reader -- the world has enough poorly-written wikis, I think.

(And I do mean meager -- someone found a crucial typo in my signature! Good grief.)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info