Map Management Resource

Now that Ambush mod has lowered price, does it make sense to run it on high level maps? How big is the chance to get a Cartographer`s?
Yes, now run it on high maps.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
Yes, now run it on high maps.

Run what exactly? Is the result you are looking for a cartographers box?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Let's gate end game via RNG guize ,i think it's a great idea and gives the game longeviity .
R.I.P 4.B.
Ambush is most likely only worth it on 76+ maps, otherwise you will simply waste your currency.

Even then, with Cartos appearance rate nerf you might not get one before spending all your currency on Ambush mod ;)
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 25, 2014, 5:42:43 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080693/page/5/#p9222787

My rant is on page 5 and it pertains to maps. That thread is talking about the zana mods like onslaunt to add 40 quantity at a fee of 10 chaos for example. People don't even wanta pay 1/2/3 chaos fee yet alone another 2/3 chaos for a buff like that even if legacy or rare uniques can drop from these mode types.

I think I've done almost all the unique or close to them.

The treasure chest one is nice as it drops the stuff for aziri and the so called holy grail midnight fragment that a bunch of scum try to buy for 1 chaos knowing its worth 12 from people that do not know.

The unique necropolis is very tough even in a party of lvl 90s at least one or two will die.

The so called rip map says lvl 71 but really need a party of 85s and up to do. Although it can be soloed at 90 if your slow and careful.

Some of my questions would be what zana mods are good besides the 40 percent quantity. And what do the others really do besides the brief description for each on...

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zana,_Master_Cartographer

The problem I have as someone who starts map parties is the fee I charge is 1/2/3 chaos for 76/77/78 maps and the cost of the map that I pay does not come close to making up for the fees I gain.

A typical 77 map 16 chaos to buy. In a 6 person party I have one magic finder usually whom I do not charge, me who I don't charge, then that leaves 4 others to charge 2 chaos each. So I make 8 chaos from fees minus the 16 I paid for the map I'm already 8 chaos in the hole. Then I spend 4 chisels ie 2 chaos an alchemy 1/3 a chaos then usually 4-6 chaos on rerolls to get a decent map that people will play without leaving party. So before the map even starts assuming I have a full group and all 4 paid I'm 15 chaos in the hole. And usually you can't find a full group and have to invite friends to join for free if you want a full group.

Then usually you do not get a map or if you do its a lower lvl map ie 74/75/76 and a few 66-69 worthless maps. Sometimes you do 4 maps in a row without a high lvl map dropping. And all you get out of the deal is a few crappy yellows you vendor or a lvl 5 unique that you vendor.

Unless people have a huge stockpile of maps you will usually run out. Only reason I managed to have maps is b/c I got lucky on 3 cartographer's boxes and got 20-30 maps out of each but most were lower lvl or mirrored.

A question I have is about the 79 map why isn't that listed as a map? The odds of using a vaal orb on a 78 and turning it into a 79 are 1 in 12 I hear. So basically you blow 12 exalts to make one 79 map? What is that even worth?

I know 2 77 maps are 1 exalt in standard and 1 78 map is 1 exalt.

Put untainted paradise as a 10 chaos map for higher lvl players to lvl up. You could go broke very easy just running maps dying running maps dying again and be worse off than you started.

The one time I paid for onslaught out of my own pocket didn't charge the party a dime I got like one 67 map. Why do all these low lvl crappy maps drop in end game maps? Why do lvl 5 uniques drop in 77/78 maps? The yellows vendor for a chrome or a few alterations.

If you do get lucky and get a map and if you didn't die or your SRS didn't kill something off screen or if your party is rush rush rush and you end up missing a lot of maps you might come close to breaking even but usually its a loosing battle. Even if you do a 77 map and another 77 map drops you might come close to breaking even. But then you go through 4 more maps when nothing drops except a 74 and 75 map. And these 1 exalt fees for zana mods are insane. I can't even get people to cough up 1/2/3 chaos for 76/77/78 maps yet alone another fee to tack on.

Make some nice friends its funny the people that you let run free maps do not usually invite you when they have maps when yours run out. I've found several very nice people and generous people in this game and most are kind and nice, but just be warned. I could run them solo but I enjoy company and its not as much fun by yourself. And expect some idiot in a pug to open your cartographer's box, blow you up when your rerolling boxes, take your maps when you die, do not tell you when maps drop, do not stick with the group go off on their own find a map wait for party to leave then wonder around the instance stealing your maps after everyone has left. LOL. Pack size, rare monsters, more exiles, those are the ones I look for but the best for a map maker is anything that increases quantity that makes more maps drop and is the only thing. Reroll blood magic, reflect, no mana regen, temporal chains, etc. Good luck thanks for letting me share sry for the book.

Oh and I might add that for those cartographer's boxes I used 11-15 chaos making sure I got a good roll except the one I had an idiot in the party that despite me asking him nicely to please not mess with the box continued to reroll it with an alteration and opened it almost killing me. So even those boxes I only got 2-3 same lvl maps or higher maps out of them and spent 15 chaos or so to get those.

And that was with the group buff that gave more which has been nerfed in the last patch.
I really like this thread, and trust it will sustain from time to time. Lovely resources; very educational.(*^▽^*)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael