Map Management Resource

"
Lyralei wrote:
"

Also, i don't think theres a note on your guide that says Map Quantity is more drops which is best for getting more map drops,, while pack size is more monsters for exp.

Ty for the guide!

PS: Ty for making a sword unique, more love for melee!

Pack Size is still one of the best affixes for map yield. The actual current best EXP yield would be Slithering and desirable affixes for getting more maps are Beyond/Pack/Magic.

Anything that adds to your monster count improves your odds.

So to make it simple, could you say that if a 50% pack size increased the overall monster count with 50% then our map drops also increased with 50% per map? (not taking chest etc into account).

"
Rugs wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:
"

Also, i don't think theres a note on your guide that says Map Quantity is more drops which is best for getting more map drops,, while pack size is more monsters for exp.

Ty for the guide!

PS: Ty for making a sword unique, more love for melee!

Pack Size is still one of the best affixes for map yield. The actual current best EXP yield would be Slithering and desirable affixes for getting more maps are Beyond/Pack/Magic.

So to make it simple, could you say that if a 50% pack size increased the overall monster count with 50% then our map drops also increased with 50% per map? (not taking chest etc into account).

If your sample size is large enough, in theory yes. However, nobody has ever managed to do a controlled test large enough to confirm this and the only one that was done was a collective from the community, so I hardly trust that data.

At the end of the day, all this hardly matters because the true source of map sustenance actually lies in Cartographer Boxes. Every single top tier player I know who has a base, has it because of a Cartographer Box somewhere.

Also, Beyond contributes a lot to building a base. There is a very good reason as to why some players run Beyond (from Zana) on every 75+ possible and why it was so insanely easy to sustain maps just by running them blue in the last league.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jan 3, 2015, 11:51:41 AM
I'm an experienced player here. I've played every single league since the first one and have always, ALWAYS sustained 77-78 maps easily, no problem at all.

I'm in torment now and can't even get up to 73 maps.

What has changed and how should I go about maps now? They aren't dropping for me.

I'm resorting to chisel+alc'ing 71 maps to try and build a pool, but all that ever drops are maps lower than the area I'm in.

I don't get it, what has changed? I'm doing the same thing I've always done and i've never been in a situation where I can't sustain a freaking 72 map pool and getting burnt.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
Rugs wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:

If your sample size is large enough, in theory yes. However, nobody has ever managed to do a controlled test large enough to confirm this and the only one that was done was a collective from the community, so I hardly trust that data.

At the end of the day, all this hardly matters because the true source of map sustenance actually lies in Cartographer Boxes. Every single top tier player I know who has a base, has it because of a Cartographer Box somewhere.

Also, Beyond contributes a lot to building a base. There is a very good reason as to why some players run Beyond (from Zana) on every 75+ possible and why it was so insanely easy to sustain maps just by running them blue in the last league.

Are map drops rolled for each monster as it is killed?

Or are map drop seeded in a map as it is rolled while being influenced by IIQ and packsize etc? Say a map is rolled and will have 2 map drops in it and then we just have to find it?

I didnt play the Beyond league, but the mod seems a bit underwhelming in terms of extra monsters and map drops. I get some 5-10 spawns per map on average I'd say which doesnt add up to that much I think. (I did manage to spawn that flameblast dude who made short work of me rather quickly though..lol).
"
AntonChigur wrote:
I'm an experienced player here. I've played every single league since the first one and have always, ALWAYS sustained 77-78 maps easily, no problem at all.

I'm in torment now and can't even get up to 73 maps.

What has changed and how should I go about maps now? They aren't dropping for me.

I'm resorting to chisel+alc'ing 71 maps to try and build a pool, but all that ever drops are maps lower than the area I'm in.

I don't get it, what has changed? I'm doing the same thing I've always done and i've never been in a situation where I can't sustain a freaking 72 map pool and getting burnt.

Hi Anton,

This is normal in PoE 1.3, you're not the only one with this experience.

I've been told by people on main forum who don't even play maps that map drop nerf is imaginary and map drops are same as always. Rrrrriight.
This map management resource is not up to date. Many map mods missing and old information is present.
I still use this for the bosses :D

Is there any other up to date map guides?
IGN: _Jacky
Last edited by fire99966 on Jan 5, 2015, 6:57:51 PM
Quick question: Why does the Beyond mod help to sustain maps? More monsters that can spawn?
"
Quick question: Why does the Beyond mod help to sustain maps? More monsters that can spawn?

exactly

E:
Rolling inhabitation affixes (priority: blue pack, exiles, rare pack) on boxes will also help you sustain maps
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 6, 2015, 6:08:18 AM
"
Rugs wrote:
Are map drops rolled for each monster as it is killed?

Or are map drop seeded in a map as it is rolled while being influenced by IIQ and packsize etc? Say a map is rolled and will have 2 map drops in it and then we just have to find it?

I didnt play the Beyond league, but the mod seems a bit underwhelming in terms of extra monsters and map drops. I get some 5-10 spawns per map on average I'd say which doesnt add up to that much I think. (I did manage to spawn that flameblast dude who made short work of me rather quickly though..lol).

I suspect the latter but no developer will tell me :)

Beyond will show gains over a large sample size.

"
fire99966 wrote:
I still use this for the bosses :D

Is there any other up to date map guides?

The wiki is a good source of information. Its certainly more reliable than this since the information is kept up to date by contributors.

It won't have some other information that only very experienced players will know of such as using Frost Wall to stop Piety from a phase change if you fail to kill her portal in time.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jan 15, 2015, 2:19:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info