Map Management Resource

Bump for a great thread!
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"

You simply die in this map after some time passed? Am I right?. Sick.
Thanks for keeping this guide up to date over the years. Some possible additions, based on my experience in Rampage and the Torment season:

Acton's Nightmare

If you're strong enough, race through the map to the bosses, skipping as many mobs as you safely can. Once you kill the bosses, the rest of the mobs will stop auto-resurrecting. Note that resurrected monsters give no extra XP or loot.

Bazaar

If you are going to use a Vaal orb on 75 maps, the trio of bosses gives more opportunities for getting sacrifice fragments (making multiple fragments per map not too uncommon).

Death and Taxes

This is an extremely difficult map for most builds, and it is only given by Zana as a daily mission. Experienced level 90+ players frequently die here.

There's a single boss that must be defeated in 4 different forms. The smaller the group, the easier this map typically is. That's because the boss' health is set by the number of party members in the map, so if one person dies but stays in the party to gain Zana reputation and favour, the remaining party members must fight the boss tuned for a still-full group.

Players first traverse the entire map then fight the boss in its fire form. Beware of its flameblasts. After defeating this form, players must kite the boss from the last platform to the 2nd to last platform. Keep it close enough that the boss keeps moving, but don't get hit. Kill any monsters it spawns. The next form is ice. For most builds, this is the deadliest. Beware the ice nova. Being able to hit the boss offscreen helps a lot (if ranged) or being able to tank massive amounts of damage (if melee). Be sure to keep the spawned animate weapons under control or they'll kill you. The third form is lightning. If you've survived this far, you'll likely find it easier than the previous 2 forms. The final form rotates between the 3 elements.

If you get this map as part of a 6-person Zana group, the best approach is to only let the strongest person run the map for the first three forms. The other 5 people should not enter the map till the final form is <1/2 life. Then everyone jumps in to help finish the boss and get credit.

Precinct

This boss isn't so bad if you have a character that's fast enough to not get hit by the boss. The Beyond mod works pretty well on this map. It's actually one of my favorite maps, given its size and high clear speed.

Academy

This uses the Library tileset. The boss throws books, is a hexfont, and has strong whirlwinds triggered by Cast when Damage Taken. If the whirlwinds are getting too powerful, either slow down your attacks and/or return to the main level. After 10 seconds, all existing whirlwinds will be gone and you can return to make a few more hits. Same story if you're a caster and get in trouble with the silence curse. Just pop back to the main part of the map till the curse wears off (or just wait for 1-2 seconds for it to be replaced with another curse).

The boss is most dangerous for melee and close-range builds that hit quickly but don't have massive life regeneration (for example, pure incinerate). Builds that can tank the whirlwinds while being randomly hexed and ranged builds that can run away from the whirlwinds will find this boss much easier.
"

Academy

This uses the Library tileset. The boss throws books, is a hexfont, and has strong whirlwinds triggered by Cast when Damage Taken. If the whirlwinds are getting too powerful, either slow down your attacks and/or return to the main level. After 10 seconds, all existing whirlwinds will be gone and you can return to make a few more hits. Same story if you're a caster and get in trouble with the silence curse. Just pop back to the main part of the map till the curse wears off (or just wait for 1-2 seconds for it to be replaced with another curse).

The boss is most dangerous for melee and close-range builds that hit quickly but don't have massive life regeneration (for example, pure incinerate). Builds that can tank the whirlwinds while being randomly hexed and ranged builds that can run away from the whirlwinds will find this boss much easier.

my mara has 557 life regen per sec with 5.1k hp at lvl 84 and its my first char ever who can tank him safely even with -max res

Spoiler
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
Spoiler
Death and Taxes

This is an extremely difficult map for most builds, and it is only given by Zana as a daily mission. Experienced level 90+ players frequently die here.

There's a single boss that must be defeated in 4 different forms. The smaller the group, the easier this map typically is. That's because the boss' health is set by the number of party members in the map, so if one person dies but stays in the party to gain Zana reputation and favour, the remaining party members must fight the boss tuned for a still-full group.

Players first traverse the entire map then fight the boss in its fire form. Beware of its flameblasts. After defeating this form, players must kite the boss from the last platform to the 2nd to last platform. Keep it close enough that the boss keeps moving, but don't get hit. Kill any monsters it spawns. The next form is ice. For most builds, this is the deadliest. Beware the ice nova. Being able to hit the boss offscreen helps a lot (if ranged) or being able to tank massive amounts of damage (if melee). Be sure to keep the spawned animate weapons under control or they'll kill you. The third form is lightning. If you've survived this far, you'll likely find it easier than the previous 2 forms. The final form rotates between the 3 elements.

If you get this map as part of a 6-person Zana group, the best approach is to only let the strongest person run the map for the first three forms. The other 5 people should not enter the map till the final form is <1/2 life. Then everyone jumps in to help finish the boss and get credit.

It's not Zana exclusive map. You can drop it from any mob on maps and run whenever you want. Also, Ice Nova's damage in the second form can be easily negated by hiding behind the pillar. Boss becomes immobile while casting so it won't follow you. It works on the same principle of dot lightning beam that Shock and Horror uses where you have to break the line of sight.
Last edited by borek664 on Dec 30, 2014, 6:52:35 AM
Oh. I didn't know I hadn't added information on some maps. Ok, I'll add them tomorrow, sorry!

Haven't done the two newer ones either since I haven't had the chance but I can get the information I need.
"
Necropolis- [Difficulty: ♦♦ | Potential: ♦♦♦♦♦ | Clear Speed: ♦♦ ]
Recommended Affixes: Labyrinthine, Fleet, Unwavering, Skeletal, Undead, Villainous, of Champions, of Commanders, of Hordes, of Smothering, of Suffering
The only indoor map in the 75 pool, this map is fortunate enough to synergize really well with the Labyrinthine prefix. Following the same haphazard style of the Crypt map, the Necropolis is an excellent source of experience and drops as the multitude of rooms that come with it provide ample room for many medium-large packs to spawn. Due to this, players may like to opt for the Commanders suffix in order to maximize on iLvl77 items though this should come secondary to rolling a maze. The boss for this map is a copy of Merveil with multiple projectiles and should be no problem by now.

By Maze you mean the "Labyrinthine" mod?

as per wiki - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map
that mod is retired.

So what mods are the best for Necropolis for 1.3.0?

Also, i don't think theres a note on your guide that says Map Quantity is more drops which is best for getting more map drops,, while pack size is more monsters for exp.

Ty for the guide!

PS: Ty for making a sword unique, more love for melee!
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Jan 1, 2015, 2:29:37 AM
"

Also, i don't think theres a note on your guide that says Map Quantity is more drops which is best for getting more map drops,, while pack size is more monsters for exp.

Ty for the guide!

PS: Ty for making a sword unique, more love for melee!

Pack Size is still one of the best affixes for map yield. The actual current best EXP yield would be Slithering and desirable affixes for getting more maps are Beyond/Pack/Magic.

Anything that adds to your monster count improves your odds.
"
Lyralei wrote:

Pack Size is still one of the best affixes for map yield. The actual current best EXP yield would be Slithering and desirable affixes for getting more maps are Beyond/Pack/Magic.

Anything that adds to your monster count improves your odds.

i slightly disagree. what i started noticing recently is that most of my 76+ maps come from rares, not magicks or whites
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info