Map Management Resource

Run blue maps, reroll bad yellow ones with chaos?
Although map acquisition is much easier now, map management is still important. If you run white maps throughout or simply run blue maps you will eventually run out of maps.

I play solo in the Rampage League. I prefer not to purchase maps. What should I be doing with my maps to sustain, if possible, my map pool?
<75:
Run magic/rare/pack size blue maps. You can regal/chisel them, but you don't actually have to.

If you stumble over a cartographer box, use a scouring + alch + several chaos orbs on it to get maximum quantity and possibly + chest level.

You'll probably be able to stay in 70-74 forever.

75+:
Chisel them, Alch/chaos them into "doable for me".

If you stumble over a cartographer box, use a scouring + alch + a ton of chaos orbs on it to get maximum quantity and + chest level.

You'll probably drop down to 72-74 once in a while, but should have an overall nice time.

---

I also recommend doing the 3:1 recipe for 70+ maps you don't like (I hate imperial garden layout, so I vendor 3 labyrinth maps for 1 dark forest all day).

I would not recommend the 3:1 recipe for 66-69 maps.
It takes too many to get any profitable maps.
Just use them for the chisel recipe, or transmute them and vendor them for alchemy shards.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
This is a really amazing resource and I would like to thank everyone who contributed.

I used to Alch/Chao my lvl 69 maps but thanks to 1.2, swimming in maps right now.
At the moment, I have 10+ lvl 70 maps and 20+ lvl 66~69 maps.

My current plan without using too much alt / alch / chaos
1. Run lvl 69 blue maps (any doable mods is fine). Will progress to 70 when I accumulate 20+ lvl 70 maps
2. If I accumulate >24 lvl 67 maps, transmute 3 lvl 67, vendor it for an unknown 68 blue for the 30% quantity bonus.

Loving this thread! As im moving up on maps in Beyond and reaching maps ive never played before im really happy with this thread. Thanks alot!
I am alching every 71-72 map and I still cant get out of the 71-72 pool for a week now, its getting ridiculous.

Does the zana map device +% and the sacrifice fragment +% IIQ help in getting higher maps ? Im desperate .. and i really cant afford rolling every map to pack size with alts I would go bankrupt within a day
"
Ael00 wrote:
I am alching every 71-72 map and I still cant get out of the 71-72 pool for a week now, its getting ridiculous.

Does the zana map device +% and the sacrifice fragment +% IIQ help in getting higher maps ? Im desperate .. and i really cant afford rolling every map to pack size with alts I would go bankrupt within a day

You should always play maps via Zana's device since it's free quantity. Packsize and Magic monsters are both fine if you roll your maps blue (and the latter may be the better mod depending on the map layout; but generally speaking I play a map if it hits either). In particular, if you play a map once it hits either of these you shouldn't have any currency problems (also mixing in a few piety/dominus runs every now and then does wonders here).

Personally I chiseled my first 73's until I had a nice pool of 74+ maps and also regaled the occasional 73.
"
incinerate wrote:
"
Ael00 wrote:

You should always play maps via Zana's device since it's free quantity. Packsize and Magic monsters are both fine if you roll your maps blue (and the latter may be the better mod depending on the map layout; but generally speaking I play a map if it hits either). In particular, if you play a map once it hits either of these you shouldn't have any currency problems (also mixing in a few piety/dominus runs every now and then does wonders here).

Personally I chiseled my first 73's until I had a nice pool of 74+ maps and also regaled the occasional 73.

thanks for the input I will try it. to be honest Im at a point where I would settle for breaking even just want to be able to lvl to 90. I admit im a bit shaky on spending 3-4c on 72-73 maps I simply dont see them returning the currency.
If you run into a cartographer box, you might want to try to alch it and then vaal orb it if its a nice roll. (40ish maps dropped, some awesome, some to be used in vendor receipe, some decent)
"
Appren wrote:
If you run into a cartographer box, you might want to try to alch it and then vaal orb it if its a nice roll. (40ish maps dropped, some awesome, some to be used in vendor receipe, some decent)
I'm new to maps. I have run one in standard and I'm confused. How do you alch a cartographers box? Isn't that a strong box guarded by packs? I opened a cartographers strongbox in Rampage tonight (my first ever), killed the nasties, and found 18 level 66 maps. Is this different than the "box" mentioned above? Or does "alching the box" just mean alch each map from the box individually?

What does "mirrored" mean when applied to a map? Twice as big with double monsters? My box had five grotto and five grotto mirrored.

Thanks
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info