Map Management Resource

i find that vaal orb ur map is really help, it can up map level or turn unid so a lot of quantity
Looking for friend to play with.
Im lonely :((

IGN: hello7op
Never seen this thread and never really needed the help figuring this stuff out,

but Lyralei you deserve an epic +1 for this magnificent community contribution. If i ever needed a resource like this, this would be my main "go to" source for it.

Very in depth and solid combined information.

Like always when i see your contributions, +1 well played.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Fantastic resource, Lyralei. My first PoE char is at level 80, and this resource has made transitioning into maps a lot smoother than it otherwise would have been. Thank you!

Do you have any advice for getting over the 69/70 hump? Since this is my first char, I don't really have the currency to spend as recommended - I can alch a good deal of my maps, but am trying to save my chaos for item purchases, so it's been pretty slow going.

Without being able to reliably get my 69/70s above 70% and with good mods, am I just in for a long slow haul? Any advice for getting over that hump to the land of Having More Than One Exalted Orb? :-)

extra
I'm saving for a tabula, which costs 3ex. I have more than the equivalent of that in chaos/fusing/alch, but nobody wants a handful of change instead of just the 3ex. I'm loath to spend what I do have trying to get higher level maps, because I feel like I'll be left with neither.

I feel like I've got a catch-22, where I'd need the higher level maps to drop great currency, but I can't get there without spending the little currency I have. From what I've seen, the return on investment doesn't really pay out - my currency's been dwindling away over the last few weeks, with not enough item or currency drops to replace what I spend. The result is that I seem to be replacing my alchs with a lot of alterations and chroms.
Finally got what I have been trying!

I might skip boss on this one..
Was just curious if there was a concensus about the best way to maintain/grow a map pool between:

a) Transmuting and altering until pack size vs.

b) Just alching

(In both cases, map is chiseled to 20% with 10-15% worth of sacrifices used)

Anybody know?
Last edited by theUnseen on May 14, 2014, 4:00:09 AM
"
theUnseen wrote:
Was just curious if there was a concensus about the best way to maintain/grow a map pool between:

b) Just alching

Anybody know?

imo unless you're swimming in currency and can afford to throw it away, don't chisel anything below 73.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000307
So basically:

73 or above - chisel + alch + chaos.

? - 72 - alch + chaos.

Any ideas or your way of doing it? I'm currently trying to have a self sustaining 72-73 map pool. I know that transmuting and altering 66-68s are more than enough. Just not sure when the alching and chaosing should start.
"
Koldhearted wrote:
"
theUnseen wrote:

b) Just alching

Anybody know?

imo unless you're swimming in currency and can afford to throw it away, don't chisel anything below 73.

Well, I'm trying to maintain/grow my 76-78 pool, so just wondering what is the best way to do so in an economic manner (10c trying to roll pack size on rare maps isn't very economical:P). I guess my question is, is pack size on a transmuted map enough to sustain a map pool?
"
theUnseen wrote:
"
Koldhearted wrote:
"
theUnseen wrote:

b) Just alching

Anybody know?

Well, I'm trying to maintain/grow my 76-78 pool, so just wondering what is the best way to do so in an economic manner (10c trying to roll pack size on rare maps isn't very economical:P). I guess my question is, is pack size on a transmuted map enough to sustain a map pool?

What i do is I just alch 73 maps and go, regardless of what it comes out to (unless ofc its something i cant do, then throw one chaos at it).

High maps I chisel to 20% (scour first if its anything unless its AMAZING mods. 4 chisels>>20 chisels).

For the most part I look for either

100% or 80-90% + a pack modifier, depending on the modifier and how large. I also highly value exiles as well (two bosses sucks).

I agree maintaining a pool of 76+ maps is VERY hard. I actually feel like its almost impossible without running 73/74/75 every so often
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000307
"
theUnseen wrote:

In regards to that this thread could help you: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/807964

No straight answer, but the most interesting preliminary finding (http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/1000-data-points-first-impressions/) is that pack size, +rares and +magics have THE EXACT SAME EFFECT on map drops. Map quantity is still the most deciding factor though, slightly more significant than the other 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info