Map Management Resource

"
Fantastic resource, Lyralei. My first PoE char is at level 80, and this resource has made transitioning into maps a lot smoother than it otherwise would have been. Thank you!

Do you have any advice for getting over the 69/70 hump? Since this is my first char, I don't really have the currency to spend as recommended - I can alch a good deal of my maps, but am trying to save my chaos for item purchases, so it's been pretty slow going.

Without being able to reliably get my 69/70s above 70% and with good mods, am I just in for a long slow haul? Any advice for getting over that hump to the land of Having More Than One Exalted Orb? :-)

Maps are cheap these days so you can probably buy them for a pittance - BUT if you really intend to save currency then running Piety and Catacombs is actually a viable alternative as you acquire so many 66 maps within that period that you can just upconvert them all to 68s and run those for higher maps.

"
theUnseen wrote:
Was just curious if there was a concensus about the best way to maintain/grow a map pool between:

a) Transmuting and altering until pack size vs.

b) Just alching

(In both cases, map is chiseled to 20% with 10-15% worth of sacrifices used)

Anybody know?

These days I do a) simply because I have enough maps to ride out any bad streaks. Clearly with the increased pool of affixes, alching may no longer be the ideal way to run things below 74 and dare I say 75.

Also with the upcoming addition of strongboxes to the permanent leagues, I doubt you will need to spend much on maps anymore.

Use your own judgement for now. If you think that you're spending too much then lower that amount.

Regarding the resource being oudated; there hasn't been any major changes that warrant an update. I think I will overhaul the entire thing once cartographer strongboxes make their way to the permanent leagues as those are very impactful.

That and there has been a lot going on IRL. Once things are sorted out within this month and the next then I'll commit time to fixing things up. Promise.
Last edited by Lyralei on May 15, 2014, 3:26:38 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
Regarding the resource being oudated; there hasn't been any major changes that warrant an update. I think I will overhaul the entire thing once cartographer strongboxes make their way to the permanent leagues as those are very impactful.

I'd say one of the least updated and important thing about your guide is about the map drop rate changes and map size, and how it affects chiselling, alching vs. transmuting and alterating.

On that front the guide is severely outdated. As a side point I see that some previously undesirable maps (such as Gorge maps) are now very very good.

Still an excellent guide, but more geared towards those of us who experienced what maps were like before the drop rates and map size changes. Not very good for new players to start chiselling and alching level 69 maps.

EDIT: Please don't feel you owe us anything though. We don't pay you. We're pretty much leeches to your hard work. Would be great if the guide gets updated soon but RL is definitely more important.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 15, 2014, 3:31:02 AM
"
"
Lyralei wrote:

I'd say one of the least updated and important thing about your guide is about the map drop rate changes and map size, and how it affects chiselling, alching vs. transmuting and alterating.

I'll definitely overhaul that sooner than later. Think that one deserves some attention.
Lyralei, excellent guide as I've stated before. Would you like to use my write up as a placeholder under 78 maps?

78 Maps should be chiseled to 20%, and alch/chaosed until a satisfactory roll of packsize/magic/undead combined with high quantity. Advanced players may choose to add Fragments of Dusk, Dawn, or Noon to add 5% quantity to the map.

Palace- [Difficulty: ♦♦ | Potential: ♦♦♦♦♦ | Clear Speed: ♦♦♦♦♦ ]
Recommended Affixes: Fleet, Unwavering, Skeletal, Undead, Villainous, of Champions, of Commanders, of Exposure, of Hordes, of Smothering, of Suffering, of Stasis, of Vulnerability

Palace is a large map that is based off the tileset of Lower Scepter of God. The monsters that spawn by default include Bronze Statues, Evangelists, and Discharging Undying Grapplers.

The boss of Palace is Dominus. Caution is heavily advised for mappers that intend to take on the Dominus because he has the ability to one-shot your character with his Touch of God attack. For players in hardcore leagues, a common strategy is to clear the entire map, and skip Dominus as the risk/reward is too high. .

Produced by three Shipyard Maps

.___________________________________________________________

Courtyard- [Difficulty: ♦♦ | Potential: ♦♦♦♦♦ | Clear Speed: ♦♦♦♦♦ ]
Recommended Affixes: Fleet, Unwavering, Skeletal, Undead, Villainous, of Champions, of Commanders, of Exposure, of Hordes, of Smothering, of Suffering, of Stasis, of Vulnerability

Courtyard's large size means it is the ideal 78 map.
The bosses are based on the three unique Blackguards from The Upper Sceptre of God;
Oriath's Vigil (Imperator Stantinus Bitterblade) - Uses Cyclone
Oriath's Vengeance (Draconarius Wilhelm Flamebrand) - Uses GMP Fireball, which can shotgun players.
Oriath's Virtue (Compulsor Octavia Sparkfist) - Casts Spark Totems

Produced by three Shrine maps.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Will amend those tomorrow night. I have matters to attend to in the morning.
Guys, any general tips on how to maintain currency when rolling high level maps? After running what seems like 4-5 high level maps (75+) I went from around 30 chaos to 10 chaos.

I chisel and alch and chaos those maps until I get at least 1 pack size bonus and good quality along with no half / no regen or anything too dangerous.

It's costing me around 3-4 chaos on average per map and it's eating my stockpile up. Any tips?
"
Guys, any general tips on how to maintain currency when rolling high level maps? After running what seems like 4-5 high level maps (75+) I went from around 30 chaos to 10 chaos.

I chisel and alch and chaos those maps until I get at least 1 pack size bonus and good quality along with no half / no regen or anything too dangerous.

It's costing me around 3-4 chaos on average per map and it's eating my stockpile up. Any tips?

Make use of all recipes if you aren't already.

Do 50%, its very common

Take 2 exiles if you can kill

settle for doing lesser quantity maps. Tbh I'll do 70/80 with modifiers or 100 without. Sometimes ill do a 60% if its a high rare modifier.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000307
"
Koldhearted wrote:
"

Do 50%, its very common

settle for doing lesser quantity maps. Tbh I'll do 70/80 with modifiers or 100 without. Sometimes ill do a 60% if its a high rare modifier.

Got it thanks. What do you mean by 50%
"
"
Koldhearted wrote:
"

Do 50%, its very common

Got it thanks. What do you mean by 50%

gain life/ES/mana at 50% rate. It's a pretty common stat and adds a good amount of quality.

If you just absolutely can't do it, I'd do it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000307
"

http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/1000-data-points-first-impressions/
Last edited by kompaniet on May 19, 2014, 10:47:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info