Map Management Resource

This must be the best guide I have ever read. Amazing work. Thank you!
"
Zinki wrote:
Thanks a ton for this! I finally got high enough to start maps for the first time, so this was greatly appreciated.

My only question is in regards to what level to run certain maps to. I'm currently 72 and have just been chaining 66 maps for now, building up a supply of 66-68. At what point should I stop doing 66/67/68/etc? Is it just dependent on my supply of maps, or is there a best level to move on to the next level of maps?

At level 72 you still get full xp from 66 maps. There is a 7 level safe range at lvl 72 so monsters lvl 65-79 will yield full xp. You can still do lunaris runs with 100% xp.

Do as high maps as you can but it's always good to build up a pool first.

There is not much difference in loot until map lvl 71(69) as you can see here so do whatever you can handle: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585334

Then 71(69) and onwards you get access to more possible high end loot.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 4, 2014, 4:50:53 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
At level 72 you still get full xp from 66 maps. There is a 7 level safe range at lvl 72 so monsters lvl 65-79 will yield full xp. You can still do lunaris runs with 100% xp.

There is not much difference in loot until map lvl 71(69) as you can see here so do whatever you can handle: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585334

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that information is super duper outdated.
"
covaruk wrote:
"
SirDragos wrote:
"
Zinki wrote:
Thanks a ton for this! I finally got high enough to start maps for the first time, so this was greatly appreciated.

My only question is in regards to what level to run certain maps to. I'm currently 72 and have just been chaining 66 maps for now, building up a supply of 66-68. At what point should I stop doing 66/67/68/etc? Is it just dependent on my supply of maps, or is there a best level to move on to the next level of maps?

If you are in Ambush, move up as fast as you can survive. Hitting a Cartographer's box in your highest map will get you a much needed infusion at that level.

Suggestions on Cartographer boxes? Use an Alch/Chaos, or just spam Alt until you get a decent upgrade to number of items dropped? Found my first one in a map above levle 70 last night. Went for 50% improved number of items but I think on a magic box "x additional items" may be a better roll if x > 5?

I'd say that it depends.

If you want an infusion of maps at the level you find the map in, look for +(regular) maps and mirror or +%, as magic/rare maps won't be mirrored without the Identified mod. X% is great on top, but if the box only rolls you 2-3 maps (or worse, 0-1), then 50% does not get you very far. You would not use rares with any map at maybe 72 or below, as alch/chaos is not worth using below that for the most part. Just go buy the maps with your chaos if that is the case and go for + chest level.

If you want to move up, get +chest level with the best roll you can get with it for the cost. The +7-8 regular and mirror is the best, but may be to hard to get all. +maps of any kind go well here, as you can get up to +5 level. Finding a couple 78's in a 73 will buy you 20 more 73's if you sell them, so keep that in mind. For 72 and lower, just get +4-5 chest level and maybe regal if you really want to get fancy.

IF YOU FIND A CART BOX OUT OF A MAP: Chance it. Maybe you will get the unique one which drops unique maps of any level. Otherwise, it can only get you lvl 66 maps, which are only useful for running by a very low level character or making into chisels with the recipe.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Jun 4, 2014, 4:39:52 PM
Deleted by mistake.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 14, 2014, 12:58:50 PM
just thought i may add my two chaos as someone who did 79 map well over twenty times (no idea how to use colors in here though lol)

Vaal Temple- [Difficulty: ***** | Potential: ***** | Clear Speed: *** ]

Vaal Temple uses textures from other vaal locations both regular and map ones with the addition of the crimson effect of corrupted areas. This is one of the highiest potential map of all current ones since it is large and, unlike other big maps, it has large rooms actualy filled with mobs in which case if there is increased population mod this makes it top tier map. Signature mobs seem to be Vaal Fallen and Crypt Stalkers.
However, just as with Palace, for most people risk/reward will be very inconvinient regarding the boss fight as it consists of that trio from The Apex Of Sacrifice/The Alluring Abyss maps and the loot they drop doesnt seem to hold any buffs; its your average 77-78 map boss drop both potential and amount wise.
Just note: it is impossible to change mod rolls on these maps as the only way to get them is to corrupt a lvl 78 map (if you corrupt a white 78, you will get white 79; same goes for blue, yellow maps (all those waisted maps for science...))

edit: on a side note, should you aim for level 79 map at all? from having corrupted over 100 78 maps i would say it all comes down to whether you can afford corrupting 78s in the first place because its a luxury and your build has to be able to run vast majority of possible map mod combos because of corruption. as for the statistics, i was getting vaal temple at the average rate of 1:7. if it has undesireable mods, there is still chance you can sell it. however, my final advice would be dont go for this map if you dont have at least 10 78s as a backup since getting mods on vaal temple is a pure gamble you cant influence in any way possible. hope this helps/clarifies things for people
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
Last edited by dealer13 on Jun 14, 2014, 11:06:44 AM
"
dealer13 wrote:
just thought i may add my two chaos as someone who did 79 map well over twenty times (no idea how to use colors in here though lol)

Vaal Temple- [Difficulty: ***** | Potential: ***** | Clear Speed: *** ]

Vaal Temple uses textures from other vaal locations both regular and map ones with the addition of the crimson effect of corrupted areas. This is one of the highiest potential map of all current ones since it is large and, unlike other big maps, it has large rooms actualy filled with mobs in which case if there is increased population mod this makes it top tier map. Signature mobs seem to be Vaal Fallen and Crypt Stalkers.
However, just as with Palace, for most people risk/reward will be very inconvinient regarding the boss fight as it consists of that trio from The Apex Of Sacrifice/The Alluring Abyss maps and the loot they drop doesnt seem to hold any buffs; its your average 77-78 map boss drop both potential and amount wise.
Just note: it is impossible to change mod rolls on these maps as the only way to get them is to corrupt a lvl 78 map (if you corrupt a white 78, you will get white 79; same goes for blue, yellow maps (all those waisted maps for science...))

edit: on a side note, should you aim for level 79 map at all? from having corrupted over 100 78 maps i would say it all comes down to whether you can afford corrupting 78s in the first place because its a luxury and your build has to be able to run vast majority of possible map mod combos because of corruption. as for the statistics, i was getting vaal temple at the average rate of 1:7. if it has undesireable mods, there is still chance you can sell it. however, my final advice would be dont go for this map if you dont have at least 10 78s as a backup since getting mods on vaal temple is a pure gamble you cant influence in any way possible. hope this helps/clarifies things for people

Perhaps the xp is slightly better in the 79 map compared to 78 maps.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Perhaps the xp is slightly better in the 79 map compared to 78 maps.

naturally. however, weird thing happened - crypt stalkers may not be the signature mobs after all. just ran my first vaal temple where they werent present lol. also one more thing of note, idk if its a bug or just weird motive from ggg, but if there are necros in this map, the overall population is severely reduced. becomes like crematorium without +pack

edit: so after receiving several pms, i thought i might edit this a little bit. notice i said it was an average rate of 1:7, not the constant one as it is rng after all. i recently corrupted 14 palaces and heres the outcome

Spoiler

so it varies from time to time

you may use vaal fragments on vaal temple because, as Lyralei said here, you really shouldnt accept compromises on 77+ maps, especially if its lvl 79 one. however, some of my humble (lol) observations showed that its only worth putting all three different vaal fragments for total +15iiq and you should only do this if map has at least +120iiq with the exception being this particular map im talking about though dont forget that ~30 runs clearly isnt enough to draw final conclusions. but, as it is a gamble at its core, you may have to improvise and decide for yourself whether to put fragments with those particular rolls or not. even though i put them only if vaal temple has a minimum of +80iiq, it doesnt mean im doing it right since science is still ongoing
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
Last edited by dealer13 on Jun 15, 2014, 4:01:58 PM
"
"
kompaniet wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that information is super duper outdated.

I decided to test this myself. The wiki information is right.

Did a lvl 70 underground river map with my lvl 70 scion. Got 24% experience from that.
Then i did lvl 66 dunes map with the same charachter right after the 70 map. Got 31% experience.

You don't get any more exp from higher maps. As long as you are within the safe exp range (before xp penalty kicks in) it seems to be about the same.

Did another dunes map (the third) after the other and got 24% exp again. 31% exp was because that first dunes map had a pack size mod. Forgot about it. The other maps didn't have any packsize/magic/rare mods.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 14, 2014, 1:20:06 PM
Curious why 75 Platue maps are so popular out of the 75 map bracket even though the other ones seem to have better potential?
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info