Map Management Resource

aren't there youtube vids of that stuff?
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
I am personally in need of a guide, which explains to be the risk involved in killing each boss at high level maps. By understanding the risk we are taking, and by knowing the steps we can use to mitigate the possible dangers, as players, we can calculate the risk we are taking.

Cannot be accurately documented. I can't possibly quantify risk for every scenario that may occur. Consider also builds and group composition which greatly alter how you will interact with a boss.

Jungle Valley is risk free if you have maximum block, high leech and high chaos resistance / armor.

On the other hand, bring an acrobat in and it will be guaranteed suicide.

My empirical data suggests that the rewards are inconsequential but further data may prove me wrong.

Last edited by Lyralei on Apr 22, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
I am personally in need of a guide, which explains to be the risk involved in killing each boss at high level maps. By understanding the risk we are taking, and by knowing the steps we can use to mitigate the possible dangers, as players, we can calculate the risk we are taking.

Cannot be accurately documented. I can't possibly quantify risk for every scenario that may occur. Consider also builds and group composition which greatly alter how you will interact with a boss.

Jungle Valley is risk free if you have maximum block, high leech and high chaos resistance / armor.

On the other hand, bring an acrobat in and it will be guaranteed suicide.

My empirical data suggests that the rewards are inconsequential but further data may prove me wrong.

yeah, but isn't part of the reward the challenge of doing it?
everybody is different, but what's really the fun of facerolling 3rd graders on a basketball court?
ok, alright, that would be tremendous fun for a couple hours, but it gets old.

everybody talks about these museum bosses, and after meeting them and rip'ing a few days ago, I'm keen for revenge.
just found a museum map yesterday, and although I'm overleveled 10 levels, so it shouldn't be a big deal, ima fight these guys again one click away from my next level just to up the stakes a little.
and inb4 the blahblah those guys are ez -- I'm on a shit computer that makes every fight sketchy.
Last edited by EomMage on Apr 22, 2014, 11:38:19 AM
"
EomMage wrote:
yeah, but isn't part of the reward the challenge of doing it?
everybody is different, but what's really the fun of facerolling 3rd graders on a basketball court?
ok, alright, that would be tremendous fun for a couple hours, but it gets old.

everybody talks about these museum bosses, and after meeting them and rip'ing a few days ago, I'm keen for revenge.
just found a museum map yesterday, and although I'm overleveled 10 levels, so it shouldn't be a big deal, ima fight these guys again one click away from my next level just to up the stakes a little.
and inb4 the blahblah those guys are ez -- I'm on a shit computer that makes every fight sketchy.

Yes well, after a certain point in time that's all you have left going for you really. By rewards, most people equate them to financial gains but some are inclined to do these bosses regardless of the potential gain anyway.

I've personally done -res double palace dominus so after that and perhaps uber Atziri, there's very little left to challenge you.

"
Alea wrote:
The guide is a bit deprecated in some ways; maps have now new affixes and some of them can be more dangerous than expected due mobs variety increased.

Yeah I do need to find the time to update it but I have other more important matters to attend to. Don't even get the chance to log in PoE these days sadly.
Nice source.
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
Last edited by dezerus on Apr 23, 2014, 6:36:48 PM
Author needs to update this resource. No updates since january this year. Missing many things that were added:

Vaal orbs for maps.
Vaal fragments for maps.
Exile map mod.
Fracture map mod.
Nemesis map mod.

Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 25, 2014, 12:05:37 PM
I dont get what the color code represents.

you say " Map colour is indicative of our personal opinions on the map."

but base on wat? is it difficulty, price, etc etc ??
Based on relative ease of getting map drops and ease of play.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I am in ambush doing serious mapping for the first time, but going slowly and self found. Just a few 66s a day until I have some 15-20 67s.

I delayed doing orchard due to the horror story in the first post, but finally gave it a try as I turned 77 and figured I had little to lose in a softcore world.

The character is a non-perfect shadow - claw - reave - acrobatics (and phase) - ondar - block of no health regen at all, but quite a lot of claw leech. The perfect build to start a fresh league when you want to ignore all advice.

My main luck has been dropping the bringer of rain with the second toon (as this one parked without enough resistance after doing merciless library). My stats with hatred (and purity) are:

3845 health.
75 on all resists
27% evade
40% dodge
30% spell dodge
58% block chance
505 armor

5436 dps with reave using hatred.

Map: 25% mob health bonus and chilled ground (careful setup)

My experience? Not a problem at all, but stay awake. I face tanked the boss, doing one sip of my "ouch" health flask. After a while I remembered to put up the enfeeble that I normally don't use.

So either the horror story in the opening post is wrong about acrobatics-evasion, 58% block is amazing, or I was stupid lucky. But it is still more scary than the other 66 bosses. Groups of evangelists (scepter) are way more scary to this guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info