Map Management Resource

Alc and run tends to give better returns than blue maps. You could try that.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Alea wrote:
im in invasion lvl 83 close to 84; used all maps, upped to 70,71,75... and now the ressource is over: now im stuck with lvl 66 & 67 maps this just SUCKS (again)

this means
1/ have buy maps ?? this SUCKS.
2/ cant imagine the market of RMT high maps, thats SUCKS.

So heres my point, this just sucks, we should have plenty of maps 1 map of the same level guaranted; i hate indoor maps but i dont have the choice if i want get some exp.

Don't run 75 maps at lvl 83 you get good enough exp from lower lvl maps. Either sell them or exchange for lower level maps or keep them and use later.

Try and build up a large map pool of a certain tier and host map runs to get some of the currency spent back.

Or just join map parties.

Going from 75 to 66-67 is just you having bad luck or not rolling the maps right. Take comfort in the knowledge you are probably just on a bad luck streak =)
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 29, 2014, 7:06:05 AM
"
bosis1 wrote:
Thanks man. I guess the best thing to do is start really paying attention to what I'm getting g back from them. Then justify currency. I'm just hoping to start saving for kaoms heart and loosing currency wasn't what I wanted.

The resource assumes that you're not trading or buying maps. Clearly in that scenario the opportunity cost of not properly rolling a map is the potential to lose your pool so currency is second to sustaining the pool.

If you are comfortable with buying maps then use your own judgement on whether it is more cost effective to buy a map than to roll it well (currently you could just buy maps and be done with it.

I haven't abandoned this resource per se. I'm just very busy with work at the moment. Treat this as an introduction to maps - once you get your foot through the door, you won't need this as much. Although, you won't notice all the small nuances in each map that set them apart until you run them many times.
Last edited by Lyralei on Mar 30, 2014, 5:49:58 AM
"
Alea wrote:
im in invasion lvl 83 close to 84; used all maps, upped to 70,71,75... and now the ressource is over: now im stuck with lvl 66 & 67 maps this just SUCKS (again)

this means

So heres my point, this just sucks, we should have plenty of maps 1 map of the same level guaranted; i hate indoor maps but i dont have the choice if i want get some exp.

If you know how and/or are geared enough to do the difficult bosses like the one in Labyrinth/Torture Chamber/Jungle Valley, you can get those for cheap since people usually cherrypick easy maps to run like Strand, leaving map sellers with a surplus of hard maps.

"
bosis1 wrote:
I'm new to the game and obviously end game maps. I have done a couple 72 maps just fine and have worked my way there just using magic quality maps. Then I found this thread which basically tells me I need to start using alchemy'a and chaos.

I'm not the wealthy ATM 2 exalteds 15 chaos. And I'm just curiouse to know what I should be looking to spend on a map. Obviously if it's going to be to tough ill chaos it. But what I don't want to do is loose all my currency on these maps if I'm not going to get a descent return. What quantity as a minimum should I shoot for on my maps without loosing to much coin?
Any help with maps would be nice.

I used a map earlier and spent 5 chaos trying to get rid of temporal chains in return I got one map lol and vendor loot. Felt demoralizing

If you're on Ambush, maps are much cheaper there because of cartographer boxes. You can probably sustain 74-75 maps there with only alts and sell off the occasional higher maps you get from +5 boxes.
"
empressaria wrote:
"
Alea wrote:

this means

If you know how and/or are geared enough to do the difficult bosses like the one in Labyrinth/Torture Chamber/Jungle Valley, you can get those for cheap since people usually cherrypick easy maps to run like Strand, leaving map sellers with a surplus of hard maps.

"
bosis1 wrote:
I'm new to the game and obviously end game maps. I have done a couple 72 maps just fine and have worked my way there just using magic quality maps. Then I found this thread which basically tells me I need to start using alchemy'a and chaos.

I'm not the wealthy ATM 2 exalteds 15 chaos. And I'm just curiouse to know what I should be looking to spend on a map. Obviously if it's going to be to tough ill chaos it. But what I don't want to do is loose all my currency on these maps if I'm not going to get a descent return. What quantity as a minimum should I shoot for on my maps without loosing to much coin?
Any help with maps would be nice.

I used a map earlier and spent 5 chaos trying to get rid of temporal chains in return I got one map lol and vendor loot. Felt demoralizing

If you're on Ambush, maps are much cheaper there because of cartographer boxes. You can probably sustain 74-75 maps there with only alts and sell off the occasional higher maps you get from +5 boxes.

Do you think we will get cart boxes to standard league when the current leagues end?
"
kompaniet wrote:

Do you think we will get cart boxes to standard league when the current leagues end?

Based on GGG's prior behavior I think it is safe to assume that we will. Although they will not be as frequent as they are in Ambush. Think of shrines in standard/ambush versus how many there were in the 'shrine' league. Forget the name of it, sorry.
Love your guide mate.
Map drops are insanely random. With that said, for point of reference, just ran a yellow lvl 75 Plateau map with the following mods: Area has increased variety, Area has patches of shocking ground, +49% pack size, 39% rare monsters, Monsters skill chain 2 additional items. 20% quality, 58% quantity. (don't have any IIQ on gear either). Pretty lucky as these are easy mods, and got this:

Spoiler

VERY happy with this result.

Before this map, I ran a yellow lvl 77 map and just looted the 75 that produced the above.

*shrugs*

EDIT: Just ran a 78 with following mods: Courtyard, Players Cursed with Vunerability, Mosters Deal 83% extra cold damage, monsters gain 1 endurance charge every 20 secs, Unique Boss deals 30% extra damage and attacks 25% faster, Area yields 81% extra items

ZERO MAPS. Died against boss :( Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Check out my live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/huskylawyer.

IGN: Farrakhann (Standard) - Lvl 89 Marauder
Last edited by bloodandsin on Apr 3, 2014, 10:31:58 PM
"
PaganDK wrote:
Anyone else find the lvl 76 crematorium to give beyond horrible droprates? I'm talking rare drops mainly.

crematorium is horrible if there is no +pack size at least in my experience. so many empty or almost empty rooms with 4-7 mobs in some of them isnt really worth the time nor the currency spent. however, with some increased population and 80+ iiq it becomes quite decent like academy. precinct is still superior in 76 pool imo
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
dealer13 wrote:
"
PaganDK wrote:
Anyone else find the lvl 76 crematorium to give beyond horrible droprates? I'm talking rare drops mainly.

crematorium is horrible if there is no +pack size at least in my experience. so many empty or almost empty rooms with 4-7 mobs in some of them isnt really worth the time nor the currency spent. however, with some increased population and 80+ iiq it becomes quite decent like academy. precinct is still superior in 76 pool imo

Golems. Fiery bloody golems.

Also you are correct. And get rid of the golems at all costs.

If people are reporting lackluster results from Crematorium post-maze update, please confirm Pagan's statement and I'll look into it.
Last edited by Lyralei on Apr 6, 2014, 6:52:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info