Map Management Resource

Orchard's easy as @#$% with an acro character. Still have no idea what the mods on that first one were, as I got it unid from Dominus reward and just ran it immediately. 79, acro/block with Rain, double strike (Tiurakh build, ranger forum).

Becomes a lot more tricky with other build types.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
Orchard's easy as @#$% with an acro character. Still have no idea what the mods on that first one were, as I got it unid from Dominus reward and just ran it immediately. 79, acro/block with Rain, double strike (Tiurakh build, ranger forum).

The opening post says:

"
[N.B: Its primary projectile attack(s) can not miss and as such, Evasion and Acrobatics will be of no use here. Players should expect damage upwards of 3,000 from the projectile and constant movement is advised. Other alternatives include using Skeletons and/or Frost Wall to shield yourself from its hits.]

Firey balls seemed to go past me quite a lot, so the key was either acrobatics, phase acrobatics, or ondar's. I doubt a blocked ball would go past.

The above quoted hints at this character being hard mode, not easy mode :)

I was a bit puzzled at the above, as I could not seem to remember other devourers, including the hedge maze boss, being much of an issue. This boss could of course have been different.
Haven't done orchard in a long long time but i remember there was some high damage there for a 66 map. Many people were one shotted and didn't understand what was going on.

A bit op for a 66 map at that time but i remember devourers being nerfed since then. Still the hardest map out of 66 pool?
"
Bingeling wrote:
"
Kirielis wrote:

The opening post says:

"
[N.B: Its primary projectile attack(s) can not miss and as such, Evasion and Acrobatics will be of no use here. Players should expect damage upwards of 3,000 from the projectile and constant movement is advised. Other alternatives include using Skeletons and/or Frost Wall to shield yourself from its hits.]

Firey balls seemed to go past me quite a lot, so the key was either acrobatics, phase acrobatics, or ondar's. I doubt a blocked ball would go past.

The above quoted hints at this character being hard mode, not easy mode :)

I was a bit puzzled at the above, as I could not seem to remember other devourers, including the hedge maze boss, being much of an issue. This boss could of course have been different.

The big one slow projectile can't miss (as per Neon's words). The multiproj ones can. I think that note was from when its damage wasn't scaled down and it DID hit like a truck.
The guide doesn't explain adequately that eating corpses is what enables Sallazang's high damage EK.
Last edited by Uvne on Apr 30, 2014, 1:31:57 PM
"
Uvne wrote:
The guide doesn't explain adequately that eating corpses is what enables Sallazang's high damage EK.

He doesn't really eat them though more like just consumes all the corpses from a long distance.
I played my summoner and tried to hide corpses behind the wall in the boss room to use for my self but apparently he was still able to use them.

So beware. The ability can not be protected against by using line of sight. Worst boss for summoners.
"
Uvne wrote:

Hum, I must've missed that. I updated the text to match accordingly. Thank you for catching that out.
anyway to update this thread OP, this help me a lot but it a bit outdated
Looking for friend to play with.
Im lonely :((

IGN: hello7op
Greetings. I've been following this guide (mostly, I have few alchs and even fewer chaos (none) to spend on my maps) and it's been a disaster. I've done about 30-40 hours of 70+ maps, and have barely half a stashtab full of stuff I can sell, and what I can sell is worth a chaos at best. Mostly I'm forced to just do the maps I alch (every map over 71, of which I've done about 20) since I can't afford to reroll them. I have +100% IIR, but every map I come home with maybe 2 inventories worth of terrible rares.

Even the best maps I do return jack shit. I did a +86% waste pool this morning and got 1 white level 72 map for my troubles.

Is this normal? How do you stay motivated?
Play in a group that rotates map, rolling 1 out of every 6 maps you run makes it WAY cheaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info