My recap of PoE vs D4 and why even still PoE is unmatched

"
Soulscar1 wrote:
OK lets say Blizzard don't change/add in-game mechanics that promote a heinously tedious gameplay loops made easier by paying more $$$$$. Lets say they drop the price to $40 and don't offer paid season passes (which is happening for a fact).

lets assume a company with the reputation of lying their arses off to pump cash out of whales somehow changed their entire business model for "insert my game". Lets assume a company that has NEVER been honest with their player base became altruistically honest about "insert my game". Lets assume my birth certificate has yesterdays date on it.

I don't assume or take word. Read the full D4 terms and conditions and look for a legal statement along the lines of "subject to change monetary policy and transactions" or something like that. Some random PR Dev can tell you shit tastes like a candy bar which has absolutely no legal responsibility on the company. The 400 page terms and conditions you sign before you play, which they change to suit them on a whim is the kicker.

BTW the Asian version of D3 was absolutely crammed to the roof with microtransactions, xp boosts etc. which would have made it to the western servers IF there wasn't massive legal repercussions for them doing so. The only reason D3 wasn't crammed with it was they stood to lose more money though legal action. People have really short memories it seems.

I am happy to wait and see. If I am wrong I will probably buy it and hold my hands up. Lets see 6 months down the line.

Oh the irony.... You thinking your preferred game hasn't been lying and puffing up the game for money. Who do you think you are trying to fool? The only real difference is Blizzard has a history now of ethical scandals while most other companies do not. But I can easily point out missing patch notes, huge game wide nerfs to slow a game down, incentives to purchase from the store, puffing up new patches for profit then delivering the worst patch ever seen in that game. I can go on and on.

The truth is people like to think their preferred game is totally ethical and not money driven, yet how do you think a game survives? By getting people with LOTS of money to purchase very expensive things out of a store.

These same people in the forums who would throw mud on the face of other games many of times have 6 or 7 supporter packs which most bought before a league ever started. They have no box to stand on.

If you are going to rip on a game at least be fair about it. If D4 has serious ethical issues right now ok, but that's not your argument.
"
Soulscar1 wrote:

I am happy to wait and see. If I am wrong I will probably buy it and hold my hands up. Lets see 6 months down the line.

You are happy to wait and see about the future of D4 and watching million user that just playing D4

i am happy too but because i am already playing Diablo 4

happy :P
Last edited by xDarkillx on Jun 5, 2023, 11:03:52 AM
The one thing I hope POE 2 takes from Diablo is damage numbers. Damage numbers are pretty much useless generally but there is a big amount of value in showing them.

People always chase the big numbers so having a method to actually see your damage numbers helps creates a ton of excitement. It also creates build diversity as people attempt to create builds that maximize the damage number seen.

Sure we could theory craft with POB, but it just feels different to actually see the damage in game then theorized on a third party app.
"
igloo15 wrote:
The one thing I hope POE 2 takes from Diablo is damage numbers. Damage numbers are pretty much useless generally but there is a big amount of value in showing them.

People always chase the big numbers so having a method to actually see your damage numbers helps creates a ton of excitement. It also creates build diversity as people attempt to create builds that maximize the damage number seen.

Sure we could theory craft with POB, but it just feels different to actually see the damage in game then theorized on a third party app.

no
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
igloo15 wrote:

Damage numbers are like AH. You think you want them but you don't.
D4 just feels and plays way better then PoE. The animation feedback is outstanding. And the openworld works. Playing since early access and having a blast. More fun then the last few PoE leagues, that’s for sure. 😝

PoE is still ok, but D4 is with its release already way more polished. Something I don’t see the PoE devs can handle. PoE to this day is an unpolished clusterfuck.
Last edited by odds on Jun 6, 2023, 4:03:39 AM
There's absolutely nothing wrong about buying, playing and enjoying diablo 4. If someone tells you that you're wrong for doing this they're buzzkills and should be ignored.

Seems like an ok-ish story, great visuals, a very pleasant surprise with Lorath voice acting - the always amazing Ralph Inneson - and overall polished campaign.

That being said, people are ENTITLED to their own opinions, and my opinion is that this polished turd will lose all appeal before next poe league hits.
There will be no massive player exodus to D4 (other than people who tried poe for several hours and didn't like it, understandable, have a nice day), most will be back for the next league and more will leave d4 to join the poe community, just like it was with d3.
Why? Because D4 seasonal content will be more D3, and it will not stay, it will be replaced by next seasonal content, whereas poe retains all worthy leagues minor differences aside (looks at talisman with contempt) so it will have much more retain appeal.
Second-class poe gamer
millions users already playing Diablo 4

this is unmatched :D
I bought D4, played it to lvl 52 and world tier 3. I am not motivated to go further. i wish i could refund it. Never had a Diablo game which felt so bad.
Multiplayer is horrible. There is no global chat/lobby, you can't join a game like the older Diablo games. You must do the Story solo and can't get a friend to help you. The game, especially the UI looks like it was coded for consoles and ported to PC.
"
Kanthos wrote:
I bought D4, played it to lvl 52 and world tier 3. I am not motivated to go further. i wish i could refund it. Never had a Diablo game which felt so bad.
Multiplayer is horrible. There is no global chat/lobby, you can't join a game like the older Diablo games. You must do the Story solo and can't get a friend to help you. The game, especially the UI looks like it was coded for consoles and ported to PC.
hoho couch co op.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jun 6, 2023, 8:42:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info