My recap of PoE vs D4 and why even still PoE is unmatched

I'll grab it maybe when it's 20 bucks.

Spoiler
Including DLC hoho
Second-class poe gamer
My experience is based from the 3 pre release events (all classes to lvl 25 + finished all side quests and act1) and watching various streamers. First character (Barb) is already lvl 100 in SC with group. Gz Rob2628.

Progression:
Level scaling, why even leveling? The only reason D4 still has traditional levels are the skills/passives that are unlocked at certain level thresholds. Auto scaling makes boss fights actually easier when you can rush to Lilith at lvl 30 something and kill her faster since less boss life and damage. I assume D4 will get rid of levels all together in a later patch/expansion and skills and passives will be either unlocked by quests or/and altars of Lilith.

Controls:
I bind move to space since Heist league, to have less pain on my fingers caused by RSI. So controls are fine for me in D4.

Cooldowns:
Yes. Again cooldowns like in a traditional MMO and doubled them down from D3 with even more cooldowns for basic shit like the dash or even mounts.

Monster Density:
Real monster density (in D4 terms) are only in dungeons and even then it depends on RNG. Overworld density depends mainly on random events but baseline density is non existent even when you count in these random spawn-in adds.

Melee:
Melee was soo bad they added a flat 10% DR and buffed lots of melee skills to only be nerfed two days into EA (Barb WW and some items & LPs). Melee is in a weird spot indeed. But since first lvl 100SC is Barb it's still not too bad i guess, when playing in a group.

Campaign & Story:
Was soo disappointed by the ingame cutscences and talking head events of Lilith that i did not care getting spoiled by streams. I have to admit its not a clown fiesta as D3 but still lots of down time and boss fights feel rushed/slapped together. Also how they handled Inarius / Lilith was bad imo. Expected one of the the prime evils instead of buring a hyped boss that fast.
Campaign length itself is okay imo as you can focus on main quests and get it finish at your 30s.

Endgame:
Farming high tier Dungeons(rifts) at world tier 4,preferably with groups, with an occasional world boss if ready (good luck with that). Thats it.

My rating at the current price point: 5/10. 6/10 if on a massive sale.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 4, 2023, 1:12:01 PM
People really thought the game could compete I'm so fascinated by that yo yo where is that d4 guy
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Endgame: there's not much to say about this, D4 can't come close to PoE in this regard. PoE has so much to offer for everyone's taste that I don't see any game being able to compete with it. Trading in D4 is virtually non existent also.

Endgame is going to exist once blizz drops in all the juicy full paid "content" dlc's hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 4, 2023, 1:13:49 PM
Will consider grabbing it when it's on sale for 20$... 70$ for this game?, LoL nope.
What do you mean by "PoE has a lot of unnecessary friction"
PoE4life
"
Pashid wrote:
"

Endgame: there's not much to say about this, D4 can't come close to PoE in this regard. PoE has so much to offer for everyone's taste that I don't see any game being able to compete with it. Trading in D4 is virtually non existent also.

Endgame is going to exist once blizz drops in all the juicy full paid "content" dlc's hoho

And watch out for some sort of Diablo® Token.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Unless you're playing hundred hours a week you wont run out of endgame stuff to do in D4.

PoE is for addicts.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
People really thought the game could compete I'm so fascinated by that yo yo where is that d4 guy

No convincing him. He still wholeheartedly believes that even D3 is better than PoE since it was a financial success (big bucks for Blizz).
"
SoulMule wrote:

PoE is for addicts.

Poe is for adults, d4 is for kids. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info