My recap of PoE vs D4 and why even still PoE is unmatched

well you guys saw the so called new season in diablo 4 with nothing new in it...i knew its gonna be end up like diablo 3 just useless season themes every season wich adds nothing new and the only actual new content gonna be in dlc 2 years from now on and after that the game gonna rot like diablo 3 did
I did try out d4 and man that game has so many issues and the biggest one is that it doesn't know what if wants to be. Doesn't feel like the developers even know what to do with it.

I don't want to go on about the huge list of issues and will just focus on one. Builder and spender dynamics are simply the worst. Why am I being forced to use abilities that are inherently weak just to enable the abilities I want to use.

It would be like in order to use arc lighting, I have to use a no link spark to build up mana. It is such a horrible feeling and any build that doesn't need a spender is infinity better.

Been playing poe since beta and what GGG has been able to do to keep me coming back is nothing short of amazing. Hope blizzard can figure out what they want from the game.
"
krzyspc wrote:
I did try out d4 and man that game has so many issues and the biggest one is that it doesn't know what if wants to be. Doesn't feel like the developers even know what to do with it.

I don't want to go on about the huge list of issues and will just focus on one. Builder and spender dynamics are simply the worst. Why am I being forced to use abilities that are inherently weak just to enable the abilities I want to use.

It would be like in order to use arc lighting, I have to use a no link spark to build up mana. It is such a horrible feeling and any build that doesn't need a spender is infinity better.

Been playing poe since beta and what GGG has been able to do to keep me coming back is nothing short of amazing. Hope blizzard can figure out what they want from the game.

Deal breaker for me. I hated it.
Hi guys. I'll start by saying that I've been playing poe since the beta and it's a really exciting game that always puts you in front of a challenge, but there's a but... it's become really too complicated and too punishing. Maybe for those who have hours to spend during the day it won't be like this, but I find it really difficult if not impossible to finish a build in the last few seasons.
Diablo IV, on the other hand, turns out to be simpler, suitable for my playing time needs but too repetitive.
In my opinion there should be a middle ground between the two games.
"
krzyspc wrote:

It's just terrible and pointless filler mechanic that is there to simply waste your time. I really fail to see any other purpose to it. My sorc's basic skills can't even clear white mobs, so why are they in the game at all?

The thing is that skills that require resources are actually fun to use. But the problem is that for me, for example, this fun only lasts for like 2-3 seconds before I completely run out of mana, and have to wait several seconds for my mana bar to fill up again.

I really struggle to understand what was the idea behind this mechanic.
"
Manaio wrote:

In my opinion there should be a middle ground between the two games.

There are plenty. I would probably put both Last Epoch and Grim Dawn as "between PoE and D4". Hell, I think most ARPG's fall between PoE and D4.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
My favorite part of D4's pre-season patch notes was them increasing the cast time for using your town portal...lol
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
Angrybagel wrote:
My favorite part of D4's pre-season patch notes was them increasing the cast time for using your town portal...lol

And then not being able to explain what was the intention behind this change.
"
esostaks wrote:
"
Angrybagel wrote:

And then not being able to explain what was the intention behind this change.

Naw naw then the D4 shills were like IT'S JUST TWO SECONDS and it's like just fucking answer the question why is that hard LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Season 2, they add a gun into Lilith's inventory so that she can end herself as soon as the power creep Nephalem with additional two digits added to their old dps number approaches.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info